32 replies to this topic

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Collected new car from detailer on Wednesday - paint correction; Getechniq crystal serum ultra with 2 top coats of Exo (CSU Black); Gtechniq total surface proptection (full wheel & engine bay; painted rear brake hubs and Xpel Ultimate to front end (bumper, bonnet, side wings & A pillars); Gtechniq glass treatment (G1 & G4); interior L1 leather guard; C6 matte dash and I1 smart fabric for carpets.

Also had Blackvue 2 CH dash cams fitted at same time. New all leather (none of that alcantara crap) steering wheel due in 2 weeks time. Now for some fun on the roads.

Attached File  IMG_1248_reduced_white neutraliser reg plate reduced.jpg   61.62K   37 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0583 crop neutraliser reg plate reduced.jpg   56.57K   36 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1250 crop neutraliser reg plate reduced.jpg   59.62K   33 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0577 crop neutraliser reg plate reduced.jpg   47.93K   33 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0584_reduced_white neutraliser .jpg   86.02K   33 downloads

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

Why have you kept the silver rings front?

TX.

Nardo RS4

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Tis lovely......enjoy. :)

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Very nice mate.  B) 

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
Nice to see an actual silver one now and then!

Enjoy!

:blue: â€‹    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Why have you kept the silver rings front?

TX.

I got a black set of rings to fit but wasn't sure about black on black or stay with the silver on black?

I may still fit the black rings which would be part of simplifying the front by removing RS3 badge and as I have a 5 digit reg plate may get narrower width plate but this would require removing OEM base plate which I'm not sure how easy that is.

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Thanks guys for positive comments - the whole thing ended up costing much more than original budget, and there are still a few more things to do!

Still its my retirement present to myself and will be used for several touring holidays/expeditions.

poolmeds

poolmeds

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

looks awesome!

i just added black rings to front and back of mine and looks awesome, defo recommend you do that

looks great congrats

Panther Black / Dynamic pack / Technology pack / Comfort & sound pack / Design pack / panoramic roof / Super sport seats with RED stitching / Black wheels / Folding heated mirrors / black exterior pack / reverse camera / Privacy glass / Cruise control

PREVIOUS: MK7 Golf GTD DSG / MK6 Golf R DSG / Megane F1 Renaultsport / Mk6 Golf R DSG / Volvo C30 T5 R-Design / Audi A3 tdi S-line / Megane 225 Renaultsport / Clio 182 Renaultsport

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
Happy retirement mate and what a machine to travel and explore with.
Was over France with mine the other week and it drew abit if attention especially some young French lads filming it as I was bombing back up the autoroute to Dunkirk to catch the boat.

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Looks epic! Enjoy!!!  :D

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Lovely car you have Tip.... great wheel choice too mate 

Good for you 

StuRS3

StuRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Nice looking car agree with Roy those wheels suit the car

Stu

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl
And same here Tip, beautiful car. Enjoy her and it's nice to get yourself a nice retirement present, I can say the same for myself...in wind down mode now 😀

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

JamesCam

JamesCam

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Love the wheels. Wish I specced the Roof Rails on mine, gives it the pocket rocket RS6 look.

Oldmanracing

Oldmanracing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
Very nice indeed.

I’d keep the silver rings..... looks ace.

One of the fastest pensioners about no doubt hehehe

OMR

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

looks awesome!

i just added black rings to front and back of mine and looks awesome, defo recommend you do that

looks great congrats

Well I took the plunge and nervously took off rings & RS3 badge to front grill - black rings went on. I think front now looks 'cleaner', apart from the grille infill bits. Have also replaced the reg plates that dealer had on, no Euro badge & no bold big lettering 'Marshall Motors'.  Would like to reduce width of reg plate but not sure how easy it is to remove OEM base plate - something to save for later.

Also had replacement steering wheel - no alcantara - perforated leather sides & smooth leather top & bottom all with black stiching - IMO this feels oh so much better & will wear a lot better. Didn't Audi used to do all leather & only introduced the crappy alcantara with the PFL & FL?

Plus have now fitted Ghost immobiliser - had a bit of hiccup as warning light came up with 'Audi adaptive lighting fault' message. So called fitter back who spent quite a while scratching his head, sounding like an Audi dealer he said "never had this before sir"! No error showing up on CanBus so he got out his VCDS and found fault listed with some others, so he cleared them all and things now fine - I hope

Attached Files

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Looking good.

That steering wheel is what I’ve been toying with getting.

Alcantara is nasty.

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Looking good.

That steering wheel is what I’ve been toying with getting.

Alcantara is nasty.

Take a look at http://royalsteeringwheels.com/ - they are reasonably priced for exchange deal.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

I had the same issue when I had the Ghost fitted - it throws the error with the matrix lights if the light switch is disconnected and the ignition turned on.

Doesn't clear when all is put back together and VCDS is required to reset.

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

I had the same issue when I had the Ghost fitted - it throws the error with the matrix lights if the light switch is disconnected and the ignition turned on.

Doesn't clear when all is put back together and VCDS is required to reset.

Thanks for that - reassuring that this may be a common issue as this fitter/Ghost installer had not come across this fault before.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: detailing

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.