8 replies to this topic

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Might seem a dumb question but does anyone know how much adjusting ride height (on adjustable coils of course) affects alignment.

Reason for the question is I need to get the alignment done ASAP as the front is waaaay out after having my front coils off recently but I don’t have time to fine tune my corner heights. So if I get the 4 wheel alignment done and then fiddle with the heights am I going to bugger the alignment again.
Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Might seem a dumb question but does anyone know how much adjusting ride height (on adjustable coils of course) affects alignment.

Reason for the question is I need to get the alignment done ASAP as the front is waaaay out after having my front coils off recently but I don’t have time to fine tune my corner heights. So if I get the 4 wheel alignment done and then fiddle with the heights am I going to bugger the alignment again.

when I had the Bilstein fitted and hunter aligned this was the readings...

31673e7cfbba20b59a79e1306d5c3ffe.jpg

I’ve obviously had 20s and 19s again since then along with raising the car and lowering again to compensate. Also the front subframe was loosened when turbo/ Downpipe fitted.

I had mine done again hunter last month and these were the readings so not a lot to be fair

db4e5fa0d50553aef1290848a0b23397.jpg

Renga

Renga

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSweden

What would be the optimum settings for street use mostly?

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Thanks Jay. They seem in proportion relating to what you changed on the car and mostly in spec.

I’ll get my alignment done tomorrow as the front end is pulling all over the place under power and upset by the slightest road bump 😭
Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Guess my alignment was a bit out then

Attached File  IMG_0547.JPG   150.76K   14 downloads

I was lucky it went in a straight line

Unsurprisingly it drives a lot better afterwards 😊😊😊

Attached File  IMG_0546.JPG   135.88K   17 downloads

Edited by Duke3D, 25 May 2018 - 09:36 AM.

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

attachicon.gif IMG_0547.JPG

Unsurprisingly it drives a lot better afterwards

attachicon.gif IMG_0546.JPG

At least you had the wheels mounted on the right hubs when you left..... unlike my car having diagonally wrong wheel sizes when I drove off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

At least you had the wheels mounted on the right hubs when you left..... unlike my car having diagonally wrong wheel sizes when I drove off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Yup luckily they didn’t need to take the wheels off. It was nice to meet you Fivepot and chat all things RS3 😁😁😁

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

attachicon.gif IMG_0547.JPG

Unsurprisingly it drives a lot better afterwards

attachicon.gif IMG_0546.JPG

did you forget to read the manual on this occasion just a bit out!

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

did you forget to read the manual on this occasion just a bit out!

I didn’t need a book to tell me Jay as the car was heading in whichever direction it felt like πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
Β© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.