• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl
Guys, I want to replace my front rings with gloss black. Is it easy to open up the top of grill to do this?

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Some pictures to give an idea (2016 car but shouldn’t be much different)

d10c06aebcdd5bea3e1cb025e1047f94.jpg

c65ff004fada88d53aacc6f64a0f0378.jpg

6652e43c3ae096b9e4ad992745462f04.jpg

617af35352e453bdbf4b51c45888466e.jpg

Edited by T-800, 19 May 2018 - 08:18 AM.

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

Guys, I want to replace my front rings with gloss black. Is it easy to open up the top of grill to do this?

You dont need to remove the front grill to fit the black rings. You just need a plastic panel tool (pic below) to tease it out. Start from the lower part of the OEM rings, use the small thin end of the plastic tool to just tease out the lower parts first and then work your way along. I found that its best to do this when the plastic is warm, ie; when you have just parked up after a drive home for example as the plastic is a bit more bendy.

Fitting the black rings is a direct replacement and should just clip into place. Tip: make sure the replacement badge is fitted the same way up as the badge you removed or the little plastic locating lugs may break off as you push it into the grill.

Edit: Hope the pic downloads. For some reason it is attaching it as a file and not a picture as per normal.

Attached File  IMG_3401.JPG   46.17K   0 downloads

Edited by Fivepotfan, 19 May 2018 - 05:10 PM.

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl
Thanks guys. Will try firstly to ease off without touching a screw!! If that fails then plan b.....

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Thanks guys. Will try firstly to ease off without touching a screw!! If that fails then plan b.....

At least you’ve got some pictures should you feel the need to bumper off so to speak.

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl
Job done by prising off, pretty easy. Thanks guys....now my dash cams.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.