• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Solarwoody

Solarwoody

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHerefordshire
Hi guys, basically I'm off to MRC tomorrow morning for a stage 2 remap and crackle map, the car is already on a stage 1 map producing 411.6bhp
So far the mod' s I have are as follows...
Airtec front mount intercooler.
034 carbon intake.
Gutted OEM downpipe.
Scorpion secondary decats.
Scorpion resonated cat back.
R8 coil packs.

So my question to you guys and I know the obvious answer.......But is the autotec HPFP upgrade really worth it? I'll be honest I'm probably never gonna go to stage 3 due to the cost so on a stage 2 map will it really make that much difference, I know the torque and power will increase but will I be able to feel it over the normal stage 2 or I am better off saving nearly £400 by not having it fitted?

Also is it worth having it done for a healthier engine and more reliable map?

Edited by Solarwoody, 14 May 2018 - 07:14 PM.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Get it done. Then you know you've got the best out of your stock blower. You'll love the extra torque gains.

Solarwoody

Solarwoody

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHerefordshire

Get it done. Then you know you've got the best out of your stock blower. You'll love the extra torque gains.

As always, I will take your word as gospel......I'm even getting bilstein coilovers before the end of the month...

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

As always, I will take your word as gospel......I'm even getting bilstein coilovers before the end of the month...

I’d endorse anything Jay advises.....

It’s refreshing to see advise being offered by someone with experience/knowledge........

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Ditto been there got that mate  :up_it:

Dell.

Vroom

Vroom

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

my 2p.

If you get the pump you will unleash the beast which means ideally you should get the Stronic tune, im sure MRC may tell you this. Without it its like going dry and you will have issues down the line. MRC are great peeps so if you dont im 99% sure they will back off your tune a bit to save the clutch packs. In which case no its not worth getting the fuel pump without the S-tronic map. Have a chat with them about it.

Please please share your graph i want to buy the scorpion catback but have been put of by the fact that its only 2.5 inch and i want to know if it makes any difference. 

Solarwoody

Solarwoody

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHerefordshire

my 2p.

If you get the pump you will unleash the beast which means ideally you should get the Stronic tune, im sure MRC may tell you this. Without it its like going dry and you will have issues down the line. MRC are great peeps so if you dont im 99% sure they will back off your tune a bit to save the clutch packs. In which case no its not worth getting the fuel pump without the S-tronic map. Have a chat with them about it.

Please please share your graph i want to buy the scorpion catback but have been put of by the fact that its only 2.5 inch and i want to know if it makes any difference.

Well I'm here now and I'm gonna bite the bullet and get it all done. I got the car back yesterday with the new airtec cooler and primary decat and I've gotta say it's opened it up massively off the line, great improvement!

As for the scorpion exhaust, when I put it on, that was the first mod I did from standard and it probably didn't make it any faster but it opened the engine range abit and I could feel the torque come in sooner so no complaints from me that side. The only thing I would say is both tail pipes go through the back box and the valved one only seems to get a tad louder compared to actually changing the tone of the exhaust compared to the likes of the miltek or even better the ego x, which actually by passes the back box completely.

However it does still deliver a great sound and the craftsmanship of the exhaust system is a lot better than the miltek in my view. Hope this helps.

Edited by Solarwoody, 15 May 2018 - 07:49 AM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.