• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
So as above just wondered if anyone have used Litchfields for there RS3 8p. Getting there stage 2 software put on in a couple of weeks. Seems pritty cheap compared to most of the other tuners and I no they are very well respected in the tuning world so wondered why it's cheaper. Not complaining tho. Lol.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

If you don't mind me asking what kind of money do they charge?

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
600 inc vat mate.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

This engine and box tune?  Doesn't seem overly cheap if so. You have to Remember stage 2 is basically a stage 1 tweak. So they will already have it on file, and log your car if they can improve they will if not happy days for them a quick £600

Edited by BenTTU, 05 May 2018 - 08:54 PM.

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Cheap compared to others. MRC and APR just under 1k. Yea just engine software no gearbox software.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Is your box already done then?  

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

600 inc vat mate.

I don't think you get a dyno plot for just £600, their website info says 'we can offer before and after power runs for an additional cost' so it looks like that you have to pay extra for a 'before & after' dyno run (£144). In my opinion this tends to suggest it's just a downloaded file but not optimised on the dyno for each individual car?

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

I don't think you get a dyno plot for just £600, their website info says 'we can offer before and after power runs for an additional cost' so it looks like that you have to pay extra for a 'before & after' dyno run (£144). In my opinion this tends to suggest it's just a downloaded file but not optimised on the dyno for each individual car?

That's getting into MRC pricing so it's a no brainer & I know where I'll be going🤔

Ops I did go to MRC & don't regret spending my hard earned cash & having a very fast RS3 😈

Dell.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

You don't need a dyno to custom tune, or to see where a car can improve.  :)

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
No box isn't done no. I might see if they can do that also. Yea it doesn't need to be on the dyno to get the software right he will do it on the road. I did mention about the dyno and yea it's 144 pound so il give that a miss. It's not me who's paying for this it's the garage where I bought the car. To cut a really long story short the car has the ABT software on it but someone has added a full decat miltek system afterwards which is affecting the cars performance. Spoke to ABT UK and they said that software is set up for a standard or cat back system. So yea I've managed to get the garage to stump up the money to get a stage 2 tune on the car to accomadate the exhaust system.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Nice one Benny getting a free map to sort your issue.
I didn’t know Litchfield did fine tune their maps, so that’s a bonus. I know MRC are really good for mapping, but I’m also a big fan of tuning a car on the road as well. The best map I ever had was tweaked on the road and further tweaked on the road after.

I just had to edit this because autocorrect changed road to dunk wtf? 😂

Edited by StuW13, 06 May 2018 - 07:26 AM.

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Lol. Yea il be happy when it's actually sorted mate. Yea all my previous cars have been mapped on the road so I'm not fussed how it's done tbf.

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

I've no issue fine tuning on the road but you have no clue what the car is putting out. They could tell you it will have 430bhp and for all you know it's 405bhp. I like to know what I'm getting for my cash.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

If the box is not  being tuned then avoid, this is not good practise and you need the box done to get torque. 

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

If the box is not  being tuned then avoid, this is not good practise and you need the box done to get torque. 

I’m in agreement to get 5he dsg tune done at the same time, so at least the clutch clamping pressures are altered to handle the additional torque.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Torque is also limited via the box, and what happens is tuners fall the gearbox to think it's running less torque then you end up with clutch slip, hence you stating changing the clamping force. Which is the correct way.

Edited by BenTTU, 06 May 2018 - 03:44 PM.

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Oh I see. Will have to see if they do a gearbox software upgrade to then. I've tuned other auto cars before without issues with clutches ect so why is the rs any different. I aporiciate I would benefit from doing it but would they tune the car to 420hp knowing it may cause potential issues with the clutch as so on?

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Oh I see. Will have to see if they do a gearbox software upgrade to then. I've tuned other auto cars before without issues with clutches ect so why is the rs any different. I aporiciate I would benefit from doing it but would they tune the car to 420hp knowing it may cause potential issues with the clutch as so on?

420BHP is barely an increase over the real numbers the stock PFL car produces anyway (usually between 380 to 390bhp). It's the big increase in mid-range torque that the 5 cylinder engine is capable of producing with a decent custom tune. The leading Audi tuners usually offer a dsg upgrade (increase in the clamping pressures) to preserve the longevity of the clutch packs, especially for cars that are daily driven.

I'm not sure that Litchfield actually offer a dsg map, but their PFL maps don't seem to produce as much torque as APR or MRC so you may be ok anyway (maybe Litcho have not yet learned how to get past the factory boost limit like the other tuners?) 

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Ok so I've got DMS automotive right on my door step that said they would offer me a stage 2 tune which would be close to 450 go and there gearbox software for just under a grand. I've only got the garage paying for the cheapest stage 2 he could find which is looking like Litchfield so maybe I could go somewhere else and just get him to front the 600 pound and I would have to pay the rest.

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Ok so I've got DMS automotive right on my door step that said they would offer me a stage 2 tune which would be close to 450 go and there gearbox software for just under a grand. I've only got the garage paying for the cheapest stage 2 he could find which is looking like Litchfield so maybe I could go somewhere else and just get him to front the 600 pound and I would have to pay the rest.

If you are in the south (Southampton area for DMS?) then MRC would be a lot closer than traveling to Litchfield. I have a friend who lives near the waterfront on Soton and has all his cars tuned at MRC. Some of the APR maps have now made good progress for the RS3, you not considered any of them?

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.