10 replies to this topic

GVR

GVR

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA

Morning All,

Any one know how to remove cylinder head cover and what are the procedures of tightening in sequence and torque settings of bolts for cover, my engine breather packed up and you have to replace complete cover as breather is built into the cover. I can't understand Audi Engineers when when the had an existing RS2 motor. I have an RS2 and have never had any problems within 23 years of ownership. RS3 just a high maintenance car to maintain and very expensive when it comes to parts replacement.

Regards 

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
If you can wait an hour or so I’ll give all the details.

GVR

GVR

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Thank you Jay, appreciate it .

Regards

George

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Thank you Jay, appreciate it .
Regards
George

2e9e01ceb401fbbf55c55e34e0a2a06e.jpg13314fdfcca6e3c6849b0af6038562a7.jpgfde6dd734280e377e9479a6576641983.jpgf599ee86295b66c2903903f645bc938a.jpg

GVR

GVR

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Thank you Jay, much obliged

GVR

GVR

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Attached File  RS3 HEAD COVER.jpg   55.76K   12 downloadsAttached File  RS3 HEAD COVER 2.jpg   60.97K   14 downloads                                 Most expensive plastic part, where are the days of aluminium.

Jacques_RS3

Jacques_RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
Hi what was the symptoms that you experienced with the breather that packed up. I am having a sucking sound from the single stage valve on top of the cover (big black rounf part)

GVR

GVR

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Hi Jacques,

It was hissing sound like yours and yellow engine light came on, this happened about a year ago. It happened at 101,000 KM and out od maintenance plan of 100,000 KM and refused too repair so I rode with for a few months as they wantede crazy money for part. Unfortunitely you heve to replce cover as the engine breather is built into the cover. I paid R 4171.50 excluding VAT in April this year at Audi CENTRE MENLYN in Pretoria, speak to Oupa in parts I get 10% discount by him for all my parts.

Cheers 

Jacques_RS3

Jacques_RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Excellent news, I will give them a call as soon as I have the cash :-)

bazf

bazf

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationAberdeenshire

What was actually wrong with the cover?  Blockage?

GVR

GVR

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Diaphragm in breather turn and there is no replacement part for breather or diaphragm so you have to replace Cylinder Head Cover.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.