It was 

1) My brakes squeal
2) My Discs are warped
3) My Rear top mounts are banging
4) My rear hubs are rusty
5) Where do i buy Redstuff
6) Where do i buy Ferodo 
7) Audi have replaced my discs and they are warped again
8) My new replacement brakes are squealing so i'm gonna get Audi to replace them again, even though i know they'll still squeal and why should i spend £££ replacing the pads when it's warrantied.
9) Has anybody got the round disc part number because the wavy discs are warped
10) I can't find any info using the search function

;)  :P  :ambulance:

Sean.

You love a challenge by the sounds of it mate😂

Dell.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

I agree with the OP that we should post our positive experiences. Which are far greater than the others. 

I would like to suggest that we post "Build Threads" and that way everyone can be involved and get ideas from different people and different cars. You can then talk about day to day activities or major things like modifications. This also allows longer terms reviews and opinions. For some reason our club isn't really doing this much. On other forums these threads are very popular, and are really interesting and involving for the whole club.

e.g. Here's one I started earlier :)

https://www.audirs3o...jamesbaby's

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Well 1050 miles on the clock:

1. No brake squeal yet

2. No exhaust rattle because I start in dynamic

3. Dealer service so far has been good

4. Just done a running in oil change using OEM oil & filter but not through Audi

5. Love my OZ wheels more than my OEM

6. Love my decent Michelin 4s tyres

7. Ride height now as I want it with KW height adjustable springs

8. Paintwork great with coatings and clear wrap on front end and gloss black trims is being done next week.

For me getting an RS3 has been good so far, even though I have spent nearly £5k on it in 6 weeks. ;)

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

All I’ll say Cox is don’t go on ASN

You’ll not believe the whinging that goes on about stupid things.

I think a few from there are on here !

The RS was the best car I had up until the Barge,,,,

But I dare say I will probably end up back in one one day , it was / is an epic car 

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

I think a few from there are on here !

The RS was the best car I had up until the Barge,,,,

But I dare say I will probably end up back in one one day , it was / is an epic car 

Roy.

Bring it on mate. 👍

Dell.

DUB

DUB

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
I love my RS3. Got bored of my Mk7 Golf R after a year.

Can see me keeping the RS for a long time (had an Evo for 7 years) if only for the sound alone 😍😍😍

Lawrence

Lawrence

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
Stepped into my pfl out of an m4 and havnt missed the Beemer once! After hiring a Lamborghini huracan thenoise it made had me obsessed and wanting one and can honestly say the RS3 is as close as it gets to that noise so unless I win the lotto or billymc92's dad's feeling generous the RS3 will stay

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
I've had mine from new, 2.5 years now (where's THAT time gone?) and nothing has changed from my original feelings about the car! It's epic whether pootling or caning it.

Plus it can wake the dead in tunnels. I think I may have woken half of Warsaw up one morning at 05:00 a few months ago when taking a mate to the airport! There's two nice new tunnels they have made recently!

I will never get bored of "Farting in their general direction"...!

Edited by Ozmosis, 05 May 2018 - 03:17 PM.

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

deepspacemillar

deepspacemillar

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland

I've also had mine for 2.5 years now. I drive it every day, 15k a year or so and I still absolutely love it!
Ultimately;

• It's a practical, comfortable car
  • It looks mean
  • It's been pretty reliable and dependable (apart from stopping on me once because of a software fault)
  • It has enough unique trim items etc to make it feel special
  • The noise, oh jesus the noises it makes
  • It handles very well as stock and is rapidly fast
  • It's a great Q car - no-one bats an eyelid if you're in comfort and taking it easy
  • I can't stop smiling in it

Mostly, the only things I would improve are largely not a fault of the car, just personal preference;

• The brakes have had many thousands of words expended about them, I switched to EBC as soon as I had an issue and have had virtually hassle free motoring since. New discs and pads all round soon will make it even better.
  • The standard Pirelli tyres were muck, immediately replaced and so much better.
  • I would like it to be a little more 'focused' as a drivers car - I think the chassis setup is too conservative, so I'm getting rear ARB, 034 top mounts and a more aggressive geometry setup. But this is just my preference, there's nothing wrong with the default.
  • This isn't a fault of the RS3 as such, but compared to my 8P A3, the boot floor is much higher, and for some of the luggage I need to carry on a semi-regular basis, this is a pain in the ass

All of these things are minor really, I'm still delighted and will keep the car pretty much indefinitely.

My only real disappointment is...
the gearbox. The DQ500 box in this car is fine, but only that. It's not particularly consistent, can be quite clunky and clumsy and is just altogether not one of the better auto boxes out there IMO.
If I could have bought the RS3 with a manual box, I would have done it in a heartbeat. It's a real shame Audi don't care for this anymore.

invisiblekid

invisiblekid

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

I've also had mine for 2.5 years now. I drive it every day, 15k a year or so and I still absolutely love it!
Ultimately;

• It's a practical, comfortable car
  • It looks mean
  • It's been pretty reliable and dependable (apart from stopping on me once because of a software fault)
  • It has enough unique trim items etc to make it feel special
  • The noise, oh jesus the noises it makes
  • It handles very well as stock and is rapidly fast
  • It's a great Q car - no-one bats an eyelid if you're in comfort and taking it easy
  • I can't stop smiling in it

Mostly, the only things I would improve are largely not a fault of the car, just personal preference;

• The brakes have had many thousands of words expended about them, I switched to EBC as soon as I had an issue and have had virtually hassle free motoring since. New discs and pads all round soon will make it even better.
  • The standard Pirelli tyres were muck, immediately replaced and so much better.
  • I would like it to be a little more 'focused' as a drivers car - I think the chassis setup is too conservative, so I'm getting rear ARB, 034 top mounts and a more aggressive geometry setup. But this is just my preference, there's nothing wrong with the default.
  • This isn't a fault of the RS3 as such, but compared to my 8P A3, the boot floor is much higher, and for some of the luggage I need to carry on a semi-regular basis, this is a pain in the ass

All of these things are minor really, I'm still delighted and will keep the car pretty much indefinitely.

My only real disappointment is...
the gearbox. The DQ500 box in this car is fine, but only that. It's not particularly consistent, can be quite clunky and clumsy and is just altogether not one of the better auto boxes out there IMO.
If I could have bought the RS3 with a manual box, I would have done it in a heartbeat. It's a real shame Audi don't care for this anymore.

Totally agree with almost every word. My car is a daily too. I've put 32k on mine in just over 2 yrs. It really is an epic all rounder.

My differing experience is with the gearbox. Mine behaved much better than others. I never got the jerky 2nd gear, but once it was mapped it really came in to its own. It's a good gearbox IMO, but much, much better when mapped - especially in manual mode. The gearbox in the M4 is the best I've used in recent memory, but I do like the DQ500.

RS3 8V FL - bone stock...for now.

RS3 8V - eTuners Stage 3 480hp.

Keithm

Keithm

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Had the car almost a month now, 7k miles on the clock, new tyres all round, good years f1, had an oil service and two ecu updates, two alloys refurbished due to minor scratches.
Looks as if I will keep it little longer, with baby seats In The back and the practicality of five doors, as previously said in comfort mode can be driven discreetly like vw golf

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.