• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Just as a curve ball, Have you checked your down pipe and heat shield?

I’ve checked all heat shields running the length of the car. The residue noise seems to have stopped since I first secured the fuel line. I still haven’t tackled moving it in the bracket incase I snap one of the lugs. Can anyone confirm if this plastic collar should sit flush in the securing bracket?

Attached Files

Edited by MarkMac-RS3, 23 April 2018 - 07:30 AM.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

I’ve checked all heat shields running the length of the car. The residue noise seems to have stopped since I first secured the fuel line. I still haven’t tackled moving it in the bracket incase I snap one of the lugs. Can anyone confirm if this plastic collar should sit flush in the securing bracket?

636635a57aa103c5247f0221d32442a1.jpg

Mine

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

636635a57aa103c5247f0221d32442a1.jpg
Mine

Strange, same as mine yet my fuel line is pulsating quite badly at that point. Hhhhmmm I still think my LPFP might be an isssue causing the line to pulsate, I’m going to have to scan to scan it now. Thought I had found the issue when I secured the fuel line, one day it’s rattles the next it doesn’t now.

Edited by MarkMac-RS3, 23 April 2018 - 11:03 AM.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
When I replaced my fuel filter I did notice the fuel line on mine that goes from the filter to the engine wasn’t hanging on the hook near the chassis seal. It wasn’t vibrating on mine but perhaps yours has moved ever so slightly to different position and vibrating on the chassis.

Just get on your knees and have a look down the engine side of fuel filter and see if it’s connected okay on the line hook.

Edited by JayRS3, 23 April 2018 - 10:26 AM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

When I replaced my fuel filter I did notice the fuel line on mine that goes from the filter to the engine wasn’t hanging on the hook near the chassis seal. It wasn’t vibrating on mine but perhaps yours has moved ever so slightly to different position and vibrating on the chassis.

Just get on your knees and have a look down the engine side of fuel filter and see if it’s connected okay on the line hook.

If the fuel line is in a tensioned twist of some sort this could also amplify the vibrations as fuel is forced down thru the Filter / line etc.....

Ryans24

Ryans24

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Just noticed mine making the same noise due to fuel pipes pulsating what did you end up doing to cure this ?

Renga

Renga

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSweden

I put some foam/sponge in the holes under the car/seat where the fuel line is

Edited by Renga, 29 April 2019 - 11:35 AM.

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Just noticed mine making the same noise due to fuel pipes pulsating what did you end up doing to cure this ?

Pretty expensive modification to be honest. . .bought an 8V and got shot of it mate. My 8p was a money pit! 😂

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Pretty expensive modification to be honest. . .bought an 8V and got shot of it mate. My 8p was a money pit!

You’ve moved to the dark side then Mark

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

You’ve moved to the dark side then Mark

Never looked back Sean! The difference in sound alone was worth it. Never mind the extra money in my wallet each months due to not having to fix something 😂

Edited by MarkMac-RS3, 01 May 2019 - 12:16 PM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.