• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Hall1979

Hall1979

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
Hi Guys,

Im looking at getting some wheel spacers front and back on the standard alloys 235/35/19 all round. Just wanted to know which ones are recommend and sizes for both front and rear really. Also would i need to change my bolts or will the standard ones fit fine.

Cheers guys,

Ryan

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Due to spacer issues I’m having some delivered on Monday which are CNC from billet. They are being made to match the hubs and exact wheel fitting, including custom length lip on the wheel side to extend in and far as possible to increase strength. I will post the name of the ones which weren’t good enough and the details of the new ones.

I’m pretty sure you will need longer bolts and for the cost of them it’s well worth it just for safety reasons.

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK
Whatever your spacers measure you have to get bolts longer by that much. 10 mm spacer = 10 mm longer bolts.

I’d be suprised if you get much spacer on the rear with 235’s all round.
I can’t run 235’s without rubbing on compression of suspension on undulating roads. Spacers would make it worse. .
I got the wider 8.5j alloys and 255’s on the front instead and kept the 8.0j 225 on the rear.

Hall1979

Hall1979

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Due to spacer issues I’m having some delivered on Monday which are CNC from billet. They are being made to match the hubs and exact wheel fitting, including custom length lip on the wheel side to extend in and far as possible to increase strength. I will post the name of the ones which weren’t good enough and the details of the new ones.

I’m pretty sure you will need longer bolts and for the cost of them it’s well worth it just for safety reasons.

Cheers dude 👍

Hall1979

Hall1979

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Whatever your spacers measure you have to get bolts longer by that much. 10 mm spacer = 10 mm longer bolts.

I can’t run 235’s without rubbing on compression of suspension on undulating roads. Spacers would make it worse. .
I got the wider 8.5j alloys and 255’s on the front instead and kept the 8.0j 225 on the rear.

Cheers dude, thanks for the info.

Sonnybo55

Sonnybo55

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
The mrs old car had 10mm spacers all round, was tight on the back with the 225’s, I’m sure booker had the same but with 235’s all round 🤔 his car was slightly lowered as well

Hall1979

Hall1979

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
So with new bolts im guessing new locking wheel nuts as well.

Sonnybo55

Sonnybo55

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
Yes mate 👍

Hall1979

Hall1979

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Yes mate 👍

👍

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

Hi Paul, do you have SB or saloon? I ask because my new,saloon will have square all round with 8.0j and ET 42. I have ordered 8.5j ET 35 with 235 tyres all round. Worried now 😞

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK
8P, so sportback only.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.