• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
Because I am having so much luck with this car!

I have now got a miss fire, car started shaking and juddering, engine management came on. As I tried to limp it to safe place to stop the engine management light went off and the EPC light came on. Managed to stop and turn the car off and on again. When I started it back up no lights came on but it was still shaking.

Any ideas? Before I bury the car?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I have now got a miss fire, car started shaking and juddering, engine management came on. As I tried to limp it to safe place to stop the engine management light went off and the EPC light came on. Managed to stop and turn the car off and on again. When I started it back up no lights came on but it was still shaking.

If you need assistance I’ve a couple of shovels going begging........

coxeterj

coxeterj

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationMiddle England.

Coil Pack? I had the same thing on a Mini JCW

Current cars: Audi RS3 8V and BMW M235i convertible.

Gone but not forgotten: BMW M135i, Audi S3 8P, Gen 2 Mini Cooper JCW, Gen 2 Mini Cooper S, Alfa Romeo Spider V6, Mk5 Golf R32, Honda Civic Type R FN2, Ford Focus ST, Honda Civic Type R EP3.

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

If you need assistance I’ve a couple of shovels going begging........

That would be great, thank you!

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

As said already coil pack would be a good starting point, spark plug another possibility.

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

Coil Pack? I had the same thing on a Mini JCW

Thank you!

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

As said already coil pack would be a good starting point, spark plug another possibility.

Thank you!

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Thank you!

If you were near I’d say bring it for a VCDS scan that way you’d have a better idea.

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

If you were near I’d say bring it for a VCDS scan that way you’d have a better idea.

That's lovely thank you, shame I'm not closer.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Daniie.

If you don't have anyone local to give it a VCDs scan & if  you belong to the AA or RAC make a call out off it as i beleave they can scan it for you.

Dell.

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

Daniie.

If you don't have anyone local to give it a VCDs scan & if you belong to the AA or RAC make a call out off it as i beleave they can scan it for you.

Dell.

Hi Dell,

Oh right, I have AA breakdown cover so I might give them a call. After leaving the car for a couple of hours when I started it up the engine management light just kept flashing then went off.

Might take it out tomorrow and see how it goes and call AA if I have anymore problems.

Daniie

tommy354

tommy354

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Hi Dell,

Oh right, I have AA breakdown cover so I might give them a call. After leaving the car for a couple of hours when I started it up the engine management light just kept flashing then went off.

Might take it out tomorrow and see how it goes and call AA if I have anymore problems.

Daniie

Sounds like coil pack to me, either that or air flow sensor, try unplugging that and see if it runs any better. Car will still run with it unplugged but will either run better or worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

Sounds like coil pack to me, either that or air flow sensor, try unplugging that and see if it runs any better. Car will still run with it unplugged but will either run better or worse

Thank you.

tommy354

tommy354

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Thank you.

Just something to eliminate, try unplugging the MAP sensor too if it has one. Just stuff I know from faults on previous cars. My thing is always try stuff that’s either free or cheap to figure out

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

Just something to eliminate, try unplugging the MAP sensor too if it has one. Just stuff I know from faults on previous cars. My thing is always try stuff that’s either free or cheap to figure out

Thank you it is much appreciated.

Took it out today and it's been absolutely fine. No problems at all.

tommy354

tommy354

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Thank you it is much appreciated.

Took it out today and it's been absolutely fine. No problems at all.

Trouble with cars now, too many sensors and electric interference instead of it just being simple mechanics. Like your mass air flow meter for instance if it gets a bit of oil on or dirt it reads wrong and throws it into limp mode with the light on. Problem too is sometimes if you plug it in and get a code it could be one of a few things and you just end up spending money and it could be something simple. Just try them things and see how you get on. If you get it plugged in and there is a misfire, try swapping plugs round and then injectors to see if the misfire moves to different cylinders then can eliminate a plug or injector

Edited by tommy354, 01 April 2018 - 10:07 PM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Tommy

No air flow.sensor is used on the RS3s,Until you plug some form of diagnostic equipment in your only be 2nd guessing the real fault.

Even now your RS seems to be running ok there will still be a record of the problem in the engine ecu logs.

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 01 April 2018 - 10:41 PM.

bazf

bazf

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationAberdeenshire

Order yourself OBD2 to Wifi adaptor and download a diagnostic car app onto your phone for checking codes on the fly.    I've got an ELM327 obd2 to wifi adaptor.  Failing that go balls deep and get the full version of VCDS, sounds expensive but when you add up the potential Dealer/Garage bills it's a sound investment.

BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

I can't offer you any help but  :( that you're having more problems.

BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Any news?

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.