• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Lee551247

Lee551247

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Hi,

I currently run a A250 Engineered by AMG and I am thinking of changing it to an RS3 or an A45 AMG. I had an Audi S3 before and the build quality is far better than the Mercedes.

One thing that concerns me with the RS3 is the prop as I have heard they are weak and cant stand the launch control. Is this true?

Not sure what to do, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kevlar

Kevlar

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSouth east
The software has been updated to make the launch less aggressive as far as I am aware.

No trouble with mine :)

FletchRS3

FletchRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Garage View Garage

Yes Kevlar that is true they updated the software on my car which made it less aggressive

Still puts a very big smile on my face when using LC and still beats my friends V8 R8

He wasnt very amused when he realised i had paid half of what he did for his R8 and it would not keep up with my RS3, his R8 is limited to 155mph mine isnt ive had 170mph out of mine and i slowed down i am sure it would of went further - this was on a disused airfield of course :)

Lee551247

Lee551247

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
How many launches have you done fletch?

FletchRS3

FletchRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Garage View Garage

Could not put a number on it but it is enough times to say that i am confident to say that i should not have any problems with it...

I have wiped the smile off peoples faces in some very fast cars because most people look and think "Ah it is only an S3" until all they can see is the back an RS3 getting further and further away from them.

This might sound a bit childish but i have even slowed down with some people just to see the look on there face and then laugh at them again when your pulling away from them - on a disused airfield of course :)

Wolf in sheeps clothing is the best way i have heard an RS3 described..!!

What you have to also remember is wet or dry you can drive this car fast very fast and it is an excellent all round car..!!! 

I love mine and have even had the missus say "You do not even smile at me the way you smile at that car" hahaha...!!!

How many launches have you done fletch?

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

Judging from the amount of prop issues i've heard of its certainly not something to worry about and the software Audi released fixed any issue anyway. 

I find the new Mercs to be a little plastic inside.

Your best bets to give both a go and see which suits your needs I guess,  We may be a little biased here  :lol:

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Lee551247

Lee551247

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Thanks Fletch, that's what I found with my S3 that you can drive quickly in any weather too and it was the best all round car I have owned!

Yeah you are right MacD the merc is plasticky, I have had the A45 on a couple of days test drive and it is massively fast just couldn't find a bond with it if that makes sense, having said that, I went and test drove an RS3 for 30 mins and had the same feeling, don't know if it's because I needed more time in the RS3 as I loved my S3

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.