• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Chris

Chris

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
You guys have anything in the pipeline ??

Cheers

Chris

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

+1

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

even more so now that MRC have an s-tronic map widely available to maximise the power gained from stage I and II upgrades and adjustable rev. LC

Chris

Chris

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Oh really , Hmmmm something to think about. Whenever I've called I just seem to get the brush off and the same line all the time, "It's something we are working on but nothing finalised yet"

Wonder if they'd get there fingers out if someone was to purchase there big turbo for an RS3 because with no S-tronic software it'd be a pointless purchase

Come on APR.........

Cheers
Chris

CarrG

CarrG

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Oh really , Hmmmm something to think about. Whenever I've called I just seem to get the brush off and the same line all the time, "It's something we are working on but nothing finalised yet"

Wonder if they'd get there fingers out if someone was to purchase there big turbo for an RS3 because with no S-tronic software it'd be a pointless purchase

Come on APR.........

Cheers
Chris

+1.

Come on APR..........

Ibis RS3 - Buckets - Bose - Black Ed - Cruise - High Beam Ass - Privacy - Elec Mirrors - Heated Rear Seats - Light & Rain Pack

VW California GP 180 DSG - "Candy"!

Evan@APR

Evan@APR

Forum Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Come on APR.........

Cheers
Chris

"Come on APR......" he says ;)

DSG software, while beneficial in certain regards, is probably one of the most overhyped products I've seen on the market--particularly for lower level modifications. Its main strengths are increasing clamping pressure, adding/modifying the launch limiter, and changing the shift points. However, we only find it a necessity for stage 3 cars.

APR Europe has DSG software for stage 3 applications only. If you get a stage 3 kit, we'll have you covered.

Feel free to purchase a stage 3 kit if you absolutely require DSG software ;) Otherwise, save your money because the clamping pressures are fine, and you have one of the best launch controls in the market.

Evan@APR

Evan@APR

Forum Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

If you're truly concerned about your S-tronic performance with a stage 1 or 2 upgrade, here's a video that may help ease your mind :)

(Yes it's a TTRS, but it has the same DQ500 transmission)

Edited by Evan@APR, 19 February 2014 - 04:40 PM.

mrAudi

mrAudi

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationSE England
Garage View Garage
9 mins 23 there's a woman that can get a basic transit around there in under 10 mins

Chris

Chris

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Not concerned as such Evan, but I was told by yourselves after I'd had the Stage 2 file put on the car that to get the absolute best from that software would require an S-Tronic reflash ??

And yet now I'm being told I don't, so which one is it ??

The only reason I brought this up is because of the strange results seen on a RR'd test day I carried out at a cost to myself between your stage 1 and 2 files.

Same rollers, same day, same conditions, the car remained strapped down with all learn parameters reset after the runs. So as fair as I could possibly get it.

Stage 1 ran 401 bhp and 420ish lbft, where as Stage 2 ran 396bhp but a massive 480lbft :)

When I brought this up via my dealer we were told I needed a S-tronic Reflash.

I've also got the graphs from above mentioned test day should you wish to view them ??

Cheers
Chris

Edited by Chris, 19 February 2014 - 05:57 PM.

Evan@APR

Evan@APR

Forum Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Not concerned as such Evan, but I was told by yourselves after I'd had the Stage 2 file put on the car that to get the absolute best from that software would require an S-Tronic reflash ??

And yet now I'm being told I don't, so which one is it ??

The only reason I brought this up is because of the strange results seen on a RR'd test day I carried out at a cost to myself between your stage 1 and 2 files.

Same rollers, same day, same conditions, the car remained strapped down with all learn parameters reset after the runs. So as fair as I could possibly get it.

Stage 1 ran 401 bhp and 420ish lbft, where as Stage 2 ran 396bhp but a massive 480lbft :)

When I brought this up via my dealer we were told I needed a S-tronic Reflash.

I've also got the graphs from above mentioned test day should you wish to view them ??

Cheers
Chris

That surely wasn't me then, because I've always been a bit skeptical toward the DSG software on the market. IF anything was said about it, it could be in comment to a theory of torque limiters on updated haldex revisions, but they remain theory.

Do you mind emailing me your dyno results? elight@goapr.com Thanks!

Chris

Chris

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
In Reply to Catnip, yeah it was APR who said I needed DSG/S-Tronic software.

@ Evan, yeah sure but it will be tomorrow now, only on the phone ATM and it's a right PITA

Cheers

Chris

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

Chris those figures look more like the Stg1 Update! 

We all lost similar BHP however gained more Torque and a better drive overall.

Thats an interesting read Evan thanks,  I was also under the impression it'd be better for the car as it would marry the software and box better.

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Chris

Chris

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
That is why I brought it to the attention of APR Mac, my car has been to the same rolling road each and every time, it's also the same RR'd that we used for the RS3OC day we had last year.

If what I've read is correct then I'm pretty much hitting the torque limiter now which is why the car maybe getting held back ??

Chris

Chris

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Evening Evan, managed to finally get those graphs sent over, looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers
Chris

Chris

Chris

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Still no reply Evan :(

Chris

Chris

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Seems strange considering your past comments regarding this subject

https://www.facebook...APRMotorsportUK

Any news on which platforms will be catered for ??

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

What's the latest on Chris' car and APR's DSG software Evan? Seems strange to post up that it will be widely available on Facebook but then on here say its only really needed for certain stage cars. Me personally I'd like to be able to move the shift points of the box, especially when the car changes from 4th to 5th which is currently 31-33mph when in the UK it would be ideal to be 30mph and also have it holding on to gears longer at low revs because for me it changes down too quickly / the same as OEM on the standard s-tronic map and I suspect it does not compensate for the extra torque a Stage I or II map gives

Edited by P_G, 21 March 2014 - 04:03 PM.

Evan@APR

Evan@APR

Forum Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Seems strange considering your past comments regarding this subject

https://www.facebook...APRMotorsportUK

Any news on which platforms will be catered for ??

Chris, we have been developing software for the DQ250 as found in 2.0Ts. Yours is the DQ500, a much more robust model. 

What's the latest on Chris' car and APR's DSG software Evan? Seems strange to post up that it will be widely available on Faecbook but then on here say its only really needed for certain stage cars. Me personally I'd like to be able to move the shift points of the box, especially when the car changes from 4th to 5th which is currently 31-33mph when in the UK it would be ideal to be 30mph and also have it holding on to gears longer at low revs because for me it changes down too quickly / the same as OEM on the standard s-tronic map and I suspect it does not compensate for the extra torque a Stage I or II map gives

As above, it will be widely available for 2.0Ts; The 2.5T has a different, more robust box and my comments about stage 3 still apply. I don't understand why you're taking such a defensive view toward my comments--just trying to save you some worry and money. I presume now that you've seen the complete picture, you'll be more understanding of what I've mentioned here, vs the Facebook page that addresses products far beyond our RS3/2.5T catalogue.

Completing the DQ250 project, I'll extend this community's interest in software at stage 1/2 levels.

To repeat my earlier post and discuss our DQ250 pursuits: "Its main strengths are increasing clamping pressure, adding/modifying the launch limiter, and changing the shift points" These are all attributes we've addressed for the 2.0T as it's necessary to manage our calibrations' torque with the OEM box clamping limits. This isn't a requirement for 1/2 cars, but will be very beneficial for stage 3 DSG cars. 

However, I don't think your expectations are the same as any existing company offers for DSG software. Changing the shift points is done by the tuner, which has not yet been offered as a functionality controllable by the end-user. APR Mobile would be the best possible interface to implement this, so I'll also pass that to my calibrators/engineers.

Edited by Evan@APR, 19 March 2014 - 04:45 PM.

Evan@APR

Evan@APR

Forum Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

For those concerned about Chris' results, it was simply a matter of comparing gain deltas rather than peak power figures, which was addressed via email. Sorry to keep you all in the dark :P

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

Just to clear this up, I'm by no means taking a defensive view, just stating facts. Personally I believe the RS3 standard and remapped could benefit from a s-tronic map so shift points and LC rpm can be altered to suit the driver and in country speed limits / torque variables etc. 

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.