Photo

OZ Leggera HLT.. Size of rims and tires?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

yooda

yooda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSweden

Hi,

I will buy new wheels but I am a bit confused :) 

The rim size are 8.5X19 ET47

Should I have the same size all around?

Or 8x19 ET45 for rear wheels?

Which wheel size do you recommend? 

Some say I can have 255/30/19 front wheels and 225/30/19 rear?

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Yooda.

The option wheel size from Audi is 255/30-19 8.5J & 225/30-19 8.0J rim.

When fitting aftermarket wheels 8.5J front & rear seems the only option if you want to fit the 255/30-19 front but people then fit a 235/35-19 on the rear.

This set up don't give any problems on standard ride height but with lowered spring your need to check 1st mate.

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 12 March 2018 - 06:56 AM.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Hi I have a saloon and have ordered a set that will arrive today. We have different ET because you have a Sportback I am assuming?

The best thing to do is send an email to OZ At: https://www.ozracing.com/uk/contacts

Fill the contact form in and put down you car Year, registration and type. I went for the staggered set on fl which has 255/30 fronts and 235/35 tears. They will fit on yours with the correct ET. I found on both Sportback and Saloon different wheel wholesalers said different sizes so better to go direct to OZ. They are very helpful and then you can send the email reply to the wholesalers and ask if they agree. At least then you can get a refund if wrong. What owners often don’t take into account is the actual wheel design and think think it’s all about the ET. I found different wheels that had the same ET that wouldn’t fit and loads of wholesalers thought they would.
Lastly you can get 8.5 for the front and 8.0 for the rear which means a 235 tyre will fit without leaving the rim as unprotected and be the same look as the 255 on a 8.5. You will save around 9kg a wheel compared to the OEM ones being HLTs.
What colour are you going for?

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Hi I have a saloon and have ordered a set that will arrive today. We have different ET because you have a Sportback I am assuming?

The best thing to do is send an email to OZ At: https://www.ozracing.com/uk/contacts

Fill the contact form in and put down you car Year, registration and type. I went for the staggered set on fl which has 255/30 fronts and 235/35 tears. They will fit on yours with the correct ET. I found on both Sportback and Saloon different wheel wholesalers said different sizes so better to go direct to OZ. They are very helpful and then you can send the email reply to the wholesalers and ask if they agree. At least then you can get a refund if wrong. What owners often don’t take into account is the actual wheel design and think think it’s all about the ET. I found different wheels that had the same ET that wouldn’t fit and loads of wholesalers thought they would.
Lastly you can get 8.5 for the front and 8.0 for the rear which means a 235 tyre will fit without leaving the rim as unprotected and be the same look as the 255 on a 8.5. You will save around 9kg a wheel compared to the OEM ones being HLTs.
What colour are you going for?

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Sorry I accidentally posted twice and not t sure how to delete.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.
Stu.

Remember Yooda got an 8P not a 8v so the 235/35-19 rear was not a standard fitment.

Oz being able to supply the off set wheel size just like Audi is a result mate.

Also due to the large front brakes not all wheel designs will fit with the correct ET.

Dell

Edited by RS3Dell, 12 March 2018 - 09:00 AM.

Renga

Renga

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSweden

I have OZ HLT 8.5X19 ET38 with 235/35-19 on all 4 on mine. (OZ W0180320353)

HLT.jpg

Edited by Renga, 12 March 2018 - 12:38 PM.

tommy354

tommy354

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
Love these wheels and the Superturismo lm ones too they look really smart on yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMR

AMR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I have ordered OZ Leggera 19" x 8.5 all round for my Nardo FL Sportback.

Confirmation from AMG, Australia's largest importer and supplier of OZ Wheels that they will clear my OEM ceramics as well.

Edited by AMR, 25 June 2018 - 04:25 AM.

<p>2018 Nardo RS3 Sportback

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.