13 replies to this topic

c2wak

c2wak

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMorpeth, Northumberland

Hi Guys,

New to this Forum, recently bought a 2017 FLT RS3 in Ara Blue and love it. Got rid of my F80 M3 for it as although it had 540 bhp with a full Arka it was just unusable unless bone dry and in the UK weather is constantly poo!.

So i've had my RS3 mapped now, had the rear silencers removed (Not the back box thats in tact) i understand the FLT have these in placement of secondary cats?. I have it booked in to get a Cat Bypass custom build by the exhaust doctor (a local wizard welding is amazing). I was told by the guy that came to map my car that getting a Cat Bypass will significantly lose low down Torque due to losing the back pressure of the Cat? Anyones views on this please? 

Having the rear silencers removed made it a little louder but not quite loud enough so thought i would have the Cat removed to get the burbles bangs n pops. Dont really want to change the back box yet as i like the fact Comfort (valves) will illiminate motorway drone or most of it! and allows me to get rid of my inner child when i start it up early morning!.

SORRY ADMIN JUST REALISED THIS IS THE 8P FORUM PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MOVE IT FOR ME IF YOU CAN! 

Edited by c2wak, 09 March 2018 - 04:03 PM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Hiya

I have a 8P RS3 which has the stock exhaust fully decated & Ive keeped the stock back box.

It's been remapped by MRC & producers 777Nm of torque at 3200rpms.

So I don't really think you will loose low down torque to be honest mate.

Dell.

c2wak

c2wak

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Hiya

I have a 8P RS3 which has the stock exhaust fully decated & Ive keeped the stock back box.

It's been remapped by MRC & producers 777Nm of torque at 3200rpms.

So I don't really think you will loose low down torque to be honest mate.

Dell.

Do you get nice bangs n pops from that too Dell and a nice note?

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Wish I could answer that for Dell but he is ALWAYS BEHIND ME  :lol:

To be fair his car is a stunner as  his mates Jay.

Fair play to you Wak for doing this work to a relatively new car, how do you find it after your M3 ?

Edited by Roy, 09 March 2018 - 09:23 PM.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Hi c2wak
Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting my favourite RS3.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Do you get nice bangs n pops from that too Dell and a nice note?

c2wak

The 8P & the FL8v have different ECU set up's so I don't get the pops & bangs like the PFL does.

The exhaust note is a nice deep 5 cylinder bass without any drone on motorways & Im very happy with it that way mate.

Dell.

c2wak

c2wak

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Wish I could answer that for Dell but he is ALWAYS BEHIND ME :lol:

To be fair his car is a stunner as his mates Jay.

Fair play to you Wak for doing this work to a relatively new car, how do you find it after your M3 ?

Yeah I'm a bit mad really but dms who mapped it do a really good offer of 3 years take off or put back on as many times as you like and will change the map as you change your hardware to suit. They come to you anywhere you like. Peace of mind knowing they are really good at what they do and I can have the map taken off whenever it goes in.
I prefer the aggressiveness of the m3 it was lovely. Wide arches and deep concave wheels and sounded nice but raspy at times despite the size of the engine. The torque was amazing with the map but just couldn't get power down unless completely dry and I got sick of having to be overly careful. Had the a45 amg before and loved it but engine sounded poo.
The RS3 is on another level I can't wait to get the decat on the 21st of this month l..

c2wak

c2wak

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Hi c2wak
Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting my favourite RS3.

Thanks Stu most appreciated. Love the car it's great. Would have preferred wider arches mind but performance wise I can't complain.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Thanks Stu most appreciated. Love the car it's great. Would have preferred wider arches mind but performance wise I can't complain.

I totally agree. How cool would it have been if the arches were 2 inch wider in a boxy original Quattro look, with 275s at the front and 255s on the rear?

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
3e27b89eac6bbd22cf0b909368dedc7d.jpg00c30c3d8d6b9dbd7321ddf6bf2615ed.jpg

Anything’s possible.

c2wak

c2wak

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Does look nice but doing that to a brand new car is a bit of a waste imo. Would have been nice as a factory standard on the RS3. You know same as the rs4 saloon was.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

JayRS3 - Nice find and yes that would be the nuts. A mate who is a welder did it to his 2.3 Cossy Merc 190, making them look like the early BMW box arches.

c2wak - I am with you on that one mate because even if mine was fully paid up I don't think I could do it. Saying that if I had the wedge for replacement carbon bonnet, wings & front end at the same time I would be up for it. I know loads of sprayers who would not want to try and match those proper arch extensions in on my Ara blue crystal. 

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

C2wak is your gearbox mapped? 

Also a tuner that makes that comment about removing a cat, needs to start a new profession as it's clear he hasn't got a clue. 

Edited by BenTTU, 19 March 2018 - 08:08 AM.

poolmeds

poolmeds

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

c2wak - welcome!

what bhp are you after the remap?

who ws it done by?

Panther Black / Dynamic pack / Technology pack / Comfort & sound pack / Design pack / panoramic roof / Super sport seats with RED stitching / Black wheels / Folding heated mirrors / black exterior pack / reverse camera / Privacy glass / Cruise control

PREVIOUS: MK7 Golf GTD DSG / MK6 Golf R DSG / Megane F1 Renaultsport / Mk6 Golf R DSG / Volvo C30 T5 R-Design / Audi A3 tdi S-line / Megane 225 Renaultsport / Clio 182 Renaultsport

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.