Hi from a RS3 frother in Aus

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Fenz

Fenz

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Hi guys, well it's been a long time between drinks for me in the performance car World. Back in the UK a long time ago the hot hatch scene was 5 Turbo's and my favourite the 1.9GTI (with a MI16 engine in it). Lots of fun times then racing my brother around country roads of southern england with him in his RS500.

Now some 30 years later I have ditched the ute and stepped into it all again with the awesome RS3 "FROTHING"

I have a beautie 2016 Nardo all black every decal and every trim, its rocking and after 8 months with it I am looking to start the tuning game again and I cannot wait. It's been awesome catching up on what has been happening tuning wise and these new machines are simply ridiculous. 

I put a new set of MPS 4S's on after killing PZeros at Eastern Creek before Xmas on track day they are superb. Already decatted (sounds epic)

The plan now is a graduated tune;

Tune (looking at Harding Performance here or PP-Performance through Evolve Technik)

Intake 034

Downpipes Iroz or APR

Intercooler Wagner

HPFP?

Rear sway bar 034

MSS Adjustable Sports Kit

Where I live a few hours south of Sydney access to a good tuner is a little more difficult than in the UK. Looking forward to the journey again and thanks for the great forum and invaluable knowledge base. Any help along the way would be awesome.

Cheers

Fenz

Also Shaunee I know I am not the only one eagerly awaiting the next update :o)

Attached Files

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Hi Fenz

That’s a nice starter list you have their for your tuning. All tried and tested bits.

I used to have a Pug 205Gti with the Turbo Technics conversion. Mad to think that was 185hp and back in the day was virtually untouchable. Today it would be laughed at if being called a hot hatch. Remember trying to pull off in bad weather?

Fenz

Fenz

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Thanks Stu,

Yeh I always coveted the Dimma with my Mi16 engine in. Torque steer carnage hahahahah, but, I still gave my bro a run for his money in his cosworth on the country roads. My wife is calling midlife crisis, I think it is a way to spend some coin before she does on her bloody horses.

Fenz

Fenz

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Sorry to hammer you straight away as this might be a question for the tuning area, but, I cannot find anything on PP-Performance tunes within any of the RS3  or Audi forums? 

https://www.pp-perfo...e/en/media/audi

Is there anyone had tunes by them?

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Hi Fenz and welcome!  :)

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Sorry to hammer you straight away as this might be a question for the tuning area, but, I cannot find anything on PP-Performance tunes within any of the RS3  or Audi forums? 

https://www.pp-perfo...e/en/media/audi

Is there anyone had tunes by them?

Hi Fenz

Am I right in saying they are in Dubai and you are in Aus?

I had a look on their site and although it looks good, I can't see exactly what stages of tune they are offering, dyno results or pricing.

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Hello Fenz welcome

Just to let you know there is NO such thing as a Nardo beautie !!!!

but still a great car choice mate . 

Fenz

Fenz

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Hhahahahahah Roy it's like Vegimite you either love it or hate it  :D

Fenz

Fenz

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Yeh Stu, 

PP-Performance are actually a German tuner https://www.pp-performance.de/ (with a division in Dubai) who a company over here Evolve Technik use. Evolve Technik is tuning division at Fitzgerald Racing Services. These guys have a great history over here in tuning and racing Porsches. They have up to a stage 3 option with all the right bits, but, I have asked for some Dyno numbers, VBox data and have heard nothing back. 

PP-Performance being German are TUV certified in Europe and I was hoping some of you guys had heard, read or had some knowledge of them.

Thanks for the replies,

Fenz

Nath

Nath

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Another Aussie!

Nice future mod list! 

Make sure you also check out E-Tuners Motorsport, who have done dozens of RS3's locally & globally - they were responsible for my stage 3 :)

Daytona RS3 | RS Performance | Assistance | Black High Gloss | Panoramic Roof | Stage 3+ 
TomCat TC600 hybrid | E-Tuners Motorsport E85 ECU & TCU | Wagner Evo 3 FMIC | HG Motorsport Downpipe | Milltek Decats | HG Motorsport intake | BMC Filter | Autotech HPFP | AEM Methanol Kit | Turbosmart Em Kompact | Mishimoto Catch Can | MSS Suspension | Rays Forged ZE40's 1/4: 11.00 & 136MPH

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.