11 replies to this topic

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Had enough of this.......

Should’ve sealed them with C5 when I got the car but was recovering from an op so couldn’t.

Shocking for a few months build up
7435084f115fc38e34671d373035992f.jpg

Used compound and wire wool to remove the crappy coating...
ignore disc face as car had just been washed so not driven to clean faces up yet.
c7f2d77f256ffbcc665a0a5a1ce4dccc.jpg

Shiny and sealed with C5.....

124622cba11596736af50d484c462df8.jpg

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Had enough of this.......

Should’ve sealed them with C5 when I got the car but was recovering from an op so couldn’t.

Shocking for a few months build up
7435084f115fc38e34671d373035992f.jpg

Used compound and wire wool to remove the crappy coating...
ignore disc face as car had just been washed so not driven to clean faces up yet.
c7f2d77f256ffbcc665a0a5a1ce4dccc.jpg

Shiny and sealed with C5.....

124622cba11596736af50d484c462df8.jpg

Nice finish mate  :up_it:

Dell.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
POR15?

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
T800 - nice wheels mate. It sucks VAG never bother with decent paint and very cheap considering the total price of these cars.

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

You got to much time on your hands Sean, they come up really nice mate

Today I have been over half of friggin Essex looking at piles of crappy cars for Fred ,

my idea of great condition and other peoples varies hugely !

I remember buying the metal polisher drill attachment to do my rusty hubs on my 8p they came up like new after 3/4 years. must be in an old thread somewhere

Edited by Roy, 18 February 2018 - 03:24 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

POR15?

No Jay......

I can’t stand how it went that green/yellow yucky colour on my 8P so never used it after that.

I used a combo of Tardis / Mernzerna compound with wire wool to remove the crappy factory silver coating, which didn’t take long even by hand.

Then sealed them with Gtechniq C5.

On the PFL I found the C5 very good at stopping the rust reappearing.

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
I see in the last pic you've gone all Boudica on everyone, Sean LOL

Does look much better, need to do mine at some point...

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow
It’s all the more annoying when you look at some other VAG models (like my wife’s Q3) and see their hubs are just fine. Even after 30k miles. The RS seems to benefit from the worst of the parts bin, (aside from that lovely engine) doesn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Must be an A3 series thing! As no rusty hubs on the RS7

I had the hubs on my 8V coated with Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels when it was detailed from new & 22 months on,

no signs of rusty hubs.
Need to get the hubs on the Mrs 8P sorted as it looks terrible with rusty hubs! 

Wondering if Roy's got rusty hubs  :wacko: ........... on his S7 ?

Edited by RobRS, 19 February 2018 - 08:22 AM.

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Must be an A3 series thing! As no rusty hubs on the RS7
I had the hubs on my 8V coated with Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels when it was detailed from new & 22 months on,
no signs of rusty hubs.
Need to get the hubs on the Mrs 8P sorted as it looks terrible with rusty hubs!

Wondering if Roy's got rusty hubs ........... on his S7 ?

If they are protected from the outset Rob then they stay that way.
Below are my rears from the 2015 RS3 18 months after having C5 applied.

a9bcdb15b68f49e2223ecb267906931d.jpg

Edited by T-800, 19 February 2018 - 08:57 AM.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

If they are protected from the outset Rob then they stay that way.
Below are my rears from the 2015 RS3 18 months after having C5 applied.

a9bcdb15b68f49e2223ecb267906931d.jpg

Agree Sean, unfortunately the previous owner of the 8P didn't add protection from the outset (new)  :( 
So I'm either going to have to clean them up & protect them or get some new rear disks & add protection before fitting.

Edited by RobRS, 20 February 2018 - 09:16 AM.

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

RS Steve

RS Steve

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

My 16 plate RS rear hubs have only ever had a regular wash & scrub down every week & while not quite as clean  Sean's old ones there not far off there condition. Regular cleaning & washing seems to have worked on mine.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.