19 replies to this topic

Irfy

Irfy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationLiverpool
Hey guys,

After buckling a wheel on my staggered setup I decided to hunt around for new wheels. A replacement wheel was ~£860 and once Awesome had it in we found it was damaged. Sourcing another wheel would be difficult as it was on back order.

I was considering the Neuspeed RSe102 or BBS CH-R in 8.5” all around but the colours weren’t right and ordering silver would take time.

Then came along a facelift set of wheels, brand new with tyres advertised on eBay from an extremely helpful fellow forum member (they’ve upgraded to the TTRS 20” setup!).

The fronts have the ST spacer kit fitted (10mm I think) but the tears are running without any spacers as it’s an ET42 from what I remember. Am considering maybe a 4mm spacer but we will see.

Will get better photos once car is cleaned but I love the colours now!

4baa47c01e57d6a2d72ad65f0e4e410d.jpgcc5b15679999d916396fd9dbb0e0d949.jpgf09dc4e32ec03b0af38f3dc3736a301f.jpg

Edit:

Better photos:

6559daed276a2d6883bc729581de73b5.jpgf1c08ab0a33ac46979283d06665bc9f9.jpg747990b4f6253ce41a4f5423337fe7e8.jpg

Edited by Irfy, 18 February 2018 - 02:41 PM.

2016 Audi RS3: Panther Black | SS seats | Design Pack | Technology Pack & Connect | Dynamic Pack | Alu Styling Pack | B&O | Sunroof | Privacy Glass | Camera

Mods: APR map | Milltek downpipe | Forge FMIC | R8 Coils | 034 Motorsport Intake | Carbon Engine Covers | H&R springs | Oil Temp | Alarm Beep

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Ah those be Saloon wheels at that offset.

Available for the Sportback abroad according to Etka but not in the uk

Irfy

Irfy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Ah those be Saloon wheels at that offset.

Available for the Sportback abroad according to Etka but not in the uk

They fill the arches much better! The fronts are flush with the arch but the tears might need bringing out another few mm. The contrasting colours are amazing too, suits the black paint better than grey or black wheels.

2016 Audi RS3: Panther Black | SS seats | Design Pack | Technology Pack & Connect | Dynamic Pack | Alu Styling Pack | B&O | Sunroof | Privacy Glass | Camera

Mods: APR map | Milltek downpipe | Forge FMIC | R8 Coils | 034 Motorsport Intake | Carbon Engine Covers | H&R springs | Oil Temp | Alarm Beep

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

They fill the arches much better! The fronts are flush with the arch but the tears might need bringing out another few mm. The contrasting colours are amazing too, suits the black paint better than grey or black wheels.

Indeed it’s what I like about my aftermarket winter wheels

Currently toying with getting some ispiri Wheels at et 37 front and 42 et rears.

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Indeed it’s what I like about my aftermarket winter wheels

Currently toying with getting some ispiri Wheels at et 37 front and 42 et rears.

I'm liking the look of these, but reading JamesBaby's earlier posts it seems they don't fit - despite the fact they are listed as fitting on LD Prestige's website and have the standard ET45...  Confused!  :89:

http://www.ldprestig...z?vehicle=20505

Anthracite would be a safe option (if they fit) but I really like the look of the bronze alloys - I think it would look pretty good on a mythos black FL SB... What are the thoughts of the collective?!  ;)

Edited by drgav2005, 16 February 2018 - 10:29 PM.

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Hey guys,
After buckling a wheel on my staggered setup I decided to hunt around for new wheels. A replacement wheel was ~£860 and once Awesome had it in we found it was damaged. Sourcing another wheel would be difficult as it was on back order.
I was considering the Neuspeed RSe102 or BBS CH-R in 8.5” all around but the colours weren’t right and ordering silver would take time.
Then came along a facelift set of wheels, brand new with tyres advertised on eBay from an extremely helpful fellow forum member (they’ve upgraded to the TTRS 20” setup!).
The fronts have the ST spacer kit fitted (10mm I think) but the tears are running without any spacers as it’s an ET42 from what I remember. Am considering maybe a 4mm spacer but we will see.
Will get better photos once car is cleaned but I love the colours now!4baa47c01e57d6a2d72ad65f0e4e410d.jpgcc5b15679999d916396fd9dbb0e0d949.jpgf09dc4e32ec03b0af38f3dc3736a301f.jpg

The tyres on the front seem more stretched on rim than the rear ones? Have you got 235 all round?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I'm liking the look of these, but reading JamesBaby's earlier posts it seems they don't fit - despite the fact they are listed as fitting on LD Prestige's website and have the standard ET45... Confused! :89:

http://www.ldprestig...z?vehicle=20505

Anthracite would be a safe option (if they fit) but I really like the look of the bronze alloys - I think it would look pretty good on a mythos black FL SB... What are the thoughts of the collective?! ;)

Easier to deal with Ispiri in Ireland to be honest.
They confirm an RS 3 fitment of ET37 x 19” x 8.5 for the front that clears the caliper
And either a ET42 or ET37 x 19” x 8.5 for the rear.

Both they confirm will fit our cars.

Irfy

Irfy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

The tyres on the front seem more stretched on rim than the rear ones? Have you got 235 all round?

Staggered setup, 225/235

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Staggered setup, 225/235

In your picture the rears are 235

So fronts must be 255?

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

In your picture the rears are 235
So fronts must be 255?

You must be right on this or 225 will mean the staggered set up would be in reverse and bad for understeer.

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Easier to deal with Ispiri in Ireland to be honest.
They confirm an RS 3 fitment of ET37 x 19” x 8.5 for the front that clears the caliper
And either a ET42 or ET37 x 19” x 8.5 for the rear.

Both they confirm will fit our cars.

Spoke to them this afternoon. He reckons they've sold about 20 sets this week to RS3 owners! Like you say above, they confirmed that the ISR8 alloys would not clear the brake calipers but the FFR1 19" 8.5 with ET37 would fit perfectly. I quizzed him about that on the rears as my ET42 alloys from LD Prestige sit pretty flush with the arches, but he reckons they'll have no issues.... Very, very tempted... Just need to decide on carbon graphite for ultimate stealthy look or matt carbon bronze for something a little bit different.  B) Decisions, decisions...

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Spoke to them this afternoon. He reckons they've sold about 20 sets this week to RS3 owners! Like you say above, they confirmed that the ISR8 alloys would not clear the brake calipers but the FFR1 19" 8.5 with ET37 would fit perfectly. I quizzed him about that on the rears as my ET42 alloys from LD Prestige sit pretty flush with the arches, but he reckons they'll have no issues.... Very, very tempted... Just need to decide on carbon graphite for ultimate stealthy look or matt carbon bronze for something a little bit different.  B) Decisions, decisions...

If it's a guy called Neville i found him helpful to a 'degree' but when i pushed him to email the prices and whats included in the deal, he seemed very reluctant to commit, which when you are considering spending £1200 with a company seems very weird to me, as a business owner i like to have everything down in black and white, then if there's an issue i can always refer back to the info given.

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

If it's a guy called Neville i found him helpful to a 'degree' but when i pushed him to email the prices and whats included in the deal, he seemed very reluctant to commit, which when you are considering spending £1200 with a company seems very weird to me, as a business owner i like to have everything down in black and white, then if there's an issue i can always refer back to the info given.

I spoke with Alex, he had no issues sending a quote through (I've PMed you)...

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I spoke with Alex, he had no issues sending a quote through (I've PMed you)...

Thanks a lot just seen that.

I don’t know what’s wrong with some people that emailing a quote for something through when asked is such a chore......

Interesting that he quoted you slightly different to me

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

I don’t know what’s wrong with some people that emailing a quote for something through when asked is such a chore......

When you ask for a written quote I bet they think you are using it to get another quote lowered.

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Hahaha - in your favour or mine?!?!  :lol:

No mention on mine of spigot rings or bolts... Checking JamesBaby's earlier posts he went for the ET42 and then spaced out the fronts to ET37 and the rear to ET39 from what I can tell. I just want to be sure that the rears would not protrude from the arches before pulling the trigger. I think your suggestion of ET37 for fronts and ET42 for rears sounds like a safer plan.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

When you ask for a written quote I bet they think you are using it to get another quote lowered.

To be fair they are very much a similar price from Ispiri HQ or a reseller in the uk.

It’s nice to get these things from the Organ grinder sometimes and not the monkey

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Hahaha - in your favour or mine?!?! :lol:

No mention on mine of spigot rings or bolts... Checking JamesBaby's earlier posts he went for the ET42 and then spaced out the fronts to ET37 and the rear to ET39 from what I can tell. I just want to be sure that the rears would not protrude from the arches before pulling the trigger. I think your suggestion of ET37 for fronts and ET42 for rears sounds like a safer plan.

He told me they’d send bolts / spigot rings and black locking wheel bolts because oem caps don’t fit their locking bolts.

The Ispiri wheels are tapered bolt fitment so you can’t use radius Audi bolts with them.

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

He told me they’d send bolts / spigot rings and black locking wheel bolts because oem caps don’t fit their locking bolts.

The Ispiri wheels are tapered bolt fitment so you can’t use radius Audi bolts with them.

I've pulled the trigger... Reading posts on this forum is getting expensive  :lol:  :D  :P

Irfy

Irfy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

You must be right on this or 225 will mean the staggered set up would be in reverse and bad for understeer.

Sorry my bad. Yes it’s 255/235 combination

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.