• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Hey. New to the forum and the RS3 world. So just bought a 2012vmodel with a ABT map and miltek exhaust system (aledgidally). I like doing a few mods to most cars I buy especially more hp and more noise. Lol. I've done the induction kit and now I'm looking for abit more noise from the exhaust so looking at the miltek decats. Seen them on eBay new for 200 pound which seems a good price and they look easy to fit on. My question then is will the new pipes just replace the old ones with no issues at all? Is there sensors on the cats that would need sorting somehow. Also would it affect the ABT map as it can't be altered or tweaked apparently. Thanks in advanced. Ben.

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Just thought. Will it pass a mot?

Vroom

Vroom

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Sensor is before the secondary cat so will be fine, MOT is subjective to tester and condition of your primary cat, Likely you will pass emissions mate most do but if the tester is by the book he can count the number of cats and fail you (from experience most wont).

What induction kit did you get?

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Buy my OEM secondary cats and decat them. Half the price of aftermarket pipes and gives the same sound

No sensors at all on the secondary cats. If the primary cat is still intact then yes the car will pass MOT with just secondary cats removed.

Edited by JayRS3, 12 February 2018 - 08:23 PM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Hey. New to the forum and the RS3 world. So just bought a 2012vmodel with a ABT map and miltek exhaust system (aledgidally). I like doing a few mods to most cars I buy especially more hp and more noise. Lol. I've done the induction kit and now I'm looking for abit more noise from the exhaust so looking at the miltek decats. Seen them on eBay new for 200 pound which seems a good price and they look easy to fit on. My question then is will the new pipes just replace the old ones with no issues at all? Is there sensors on the cats that would need sorting somehow. Also would it affect the ABT map as it can't be altered or tweaked apparently. Thanks in advanced. Ben.

Ben.

Contact JayRS3 for his OEM 2nd cats & decat them then 1 there look like stock & 2 there cheaper that £200 from Fleebay !  :)

Should have no problem with the ABT map as the cat in the down pipe has the larges effect mate.

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 12 February 2018 - 08:24 PM.

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
So it's just a case of fitting the 2 new pieces of pipe and that's it.? Job done. Just had a new MOT so not something I'd need to worry about for a while and worst case I could swap them back to get it thru. I got the ram air induction kit mate. Sounds good.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Yes. It’ll pass with the cat delete pipes on as long as your car is running fine obviously. Just remember new ones don’t stay shiny for long. more saving for more mods

cbca0ea39e96b2fdb5f2f1ec00136a11.jpg

Edited by JayRS3, 12 February 2018 - 08:28 PM.

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
So how would I go about De catting them pipes Jay? If there oem how are they different from the 2 I've got on the car?

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

So how would I go about De catting them pipes Jay? If there oem how are they different from the 2 I've got on the car?

I can decat them for you if it’s a deal breaker. Well it means is if you are worried about the car not passing it’s MOT like you said before, you could always swap my pipes (decat) for your pipes (with cats) to get through MOT or if and when you need to sell the car on as standard. Basically it just save you £100 on buying a new set and if the cops look underneath it’s not illegal as aftermarket secondary decats (like the Miltek say on the pipes themselves ‘not for road use’)

Edited by JayRS3, 12 February 2018 - 08:42 PM.

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Ok. So are the ones you got sports cats or something which you can take the cats out of? Do you need to cut them open to take them out? Also would you post/courier them if I ended up buying them?

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
No my ones are literally the same as on your car (if you’ve still got the oem ones underneath - like my picture above). So fitment will be 100% except you’ll have more noise as you won’t have the cats material in the pipes.

I’ll have to drill the cat material out through the pipe work. I won’t be cutting the pipe work at all so you haven’t got to worry about that.

Of course I’ll post them with tracking details

Edited by JayRS3, 12 February 2018 - 09:05 PM.

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Right I'm with you now. So if there the same as mine what's stopping me from getting mine de carted? I no I'd have a set with and without if I bought yours for MOT purpose etc but if I wasn't particulary worried I could do mine. I'm guessing I would need to find someone to do it tho and it's probably going to cost what yours would cost me to buy anyway right?.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Right I'm with you now. So if there the same as mine what's stopping me from getting mine de carted? I no I'd have a set with and without if I bought yours for MOT purpose etc but if I wasn't particulary worried I could do mine. I'm guessing I would need to find someone to do it tho and it's probably going to cost what yours would cost me to buy anyway right?.

Nothing stopping you at all if you want to get your own ones done. Some people like to keep their standard parts for a later date but if your not fussed or worried about any potential issues then you can do your own.

You’d need to find someone who has access to a welder to remove the studs and then various tools to break the cat material inside.

Your shout mate. Either way it save you a few quid compared to buying brand new for the same effect

Edited by JayRS3, 12 February 2018 - 09:22 PM.

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Ok mate let me look into it. How much you looking for anyway was it 100 pound? Tbh I doubt il find someone to do it for that so probly just get yours if your happy to do the work needed. Il let you no in the next couple of days if ok with you. Cheers Jay.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Ok mate let me look into it. How much you looking for anyway was it 100 pound? Tbh I doubt il find someone to do it for that so probly just get yours if your happy to do the work needed. Il let you no in the next couple of days if ok with you. Cheers Jay.

£100 mate and that includes delivery.
No worries just let me know.

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Cheers buddy. Will be in touch

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

£100 mate and that includes delivery.
No worries just let me know.

Ben.

The last set Jay sold were £150 complete & they were picked up by the buyer who decated them himself.

I wonder who he was ?  ;)

Dell.

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
I'm guessing that was you dell. Lol. Don't get me wrong 100 pound for what Jay is offering is more than a deal and I'm likely to take him up on that offer. May need to wait till payday Friday as currently my DSG caddy is in the gearbox shop and it could be a cripler by the sound of it.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I'm guessing that was you dell. Lol. Don't get me wrong 100 pound for what Jay is offering is more than a deal and I'm likely to take him up on that offer. May need to wait till payday Friday as currently my DSG caddy is in the gearbox shop and it could be a cripler by the sound of it.

Benny

I'm sure Jay will hold them for you as long as you don't muck him about mate 👍

It's a great cost effective way off decating your RS as it still looks standard underneath.

I've done like wise on mine mate.😁

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 13 February 2018 - 10:10 AM.

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Surprised no one else has snapped these up yet tbh. Bloody good deal. So dell. What's the sound like with these decats fitted? Is it really noticeable or just a suttle difference? Hopefully it's the last piece of my sound jigsaw. Lol.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.