• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Just thought I'd introduce myself. Just bought my RS3 last week. Loving it so far and looking forward to the Spring. Be good to do a few meets to. I'm Ben from Southampton.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Just thought I'd introduce myself. Just bought my RS3 last week. Loving it so far and looking forward to the Spring. Be good to do a few meets to. I'm Ben from Southampton.

Welcome Ben enjoy the RS3OC Forum mate.  :)

Dell.

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Welcome along, Ben!

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Hi Ben
What type of RS3 did you buy and have you taken any photos yet?

I’m from Southampton as well.

Danny

Danny

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Welcome Ben, Another southerner, I'm close to you in Chichester. Spec and photos?

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Hi guys. Might have to bare with me on the photos, not the brightest when it comes to technology. Lol. So it's a 2012 model. Red. ABT stage 1 with full miltek. Can't get over how this car moves. It's lightning. Never owned or driven a German car so not really got a clue about it just read alot of reviews and decided to go with it. Getting a induction kit fitted this weekend just to give it that bit more grunt from the front coz that's all it's lacking I feel.

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Hopefully the pics upload.Attached File  20180204_172110.jpg   70.26K   21 downloads

SeanB

SeanB

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOop north

Welcome fella :)

Dreaming of a Merlin purple RS3 with all the trimmings :)

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Attached File  20180204_171958.jpg   67.6K   21 downloads

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Thanks mate

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Anyone had any issues fitting a induction kit? ie. Does it or will it affect the air flow sensor? I'm not doing it for more or less power just noise only. Cheers.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Anyone had any issues fitting a induction kit? ie. Does it or will it affect the air flow sensor? I'm not doing it for more or less power just noise only. Cheers.

Ben.

No airflow sensor on the RS as it uses a MAP sensor instead.

Delete the 2nd cat under the car for a bit more noise & it won't effect the emissions.

I think JayRS3 has a pair off 2nd hand one's for sale & you could decat them making the underside still look stock which I have done myself.😁

Sorry yours has a full milltek system fitted Der ! 🤣

On the handling front fit a 034 rear anti-roll bar as this puts a stop to any understeer you might find mate.😊

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 09 February 2018 - 10:21 AM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

An induction kit can be affected by heat soak and it would seem the Audi induction set up from the Factory is pretty good to be fair.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

An induction kit can be affected by heat soak and it would seem the Audi induction set up from the Factory is pretty good to be fair.

Sean.

I'm with you on all counts with that one mate 👍

Also the roar can get on your wick on motorways after a time 🤔

These cars are a hooligan in a Savile Row suit.😁

Dell.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Delete the 2nd cat under the car for a bit more noise & it won't effect the emissions.

I think JayRS3 has a pair off 2nd hand one's for sale & you could decat them making the underside still look stock which I have done myself.

Dell.

LIKE!

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Ok guys cheers for that. I've bought the kit now so may as well fit it. If for whatever reason I don't like it or it affects the car up just put the oem one back on and sell it. All I was worried about was it messing up the car somehow but no I no it doesn't all good. So this full miltek system I have.. Does it have sports cars as it isn't that load at all.

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Cats ^^

Djbennyb

Djbennyb

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouthampton
Loud ^^ dam phone. Lol.

Catch23

Catch23

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire

Hi guys. Might have to bare with me on the photos, not the brightest when it comes to technology. Lol. So it's a 2012 model. Red. ABT stage 1 with full miltek. Can't get over how this car moves. It's lightning. Never owned or driven a German car so not really got a clue about it just read alot of reviews and decided to go with it. Getting a induction kit fitted this weekend just to give it that bit more grunt from the front coz that's all it's lacking I feel.

Hi Ben.

Car looks great. Love the colour combo with the black trim. A better pic of the wheels would be appreciated. Are they standard?

I thought the RS3 was plenty loud enough in standard form, but obviously not for some. Lol. Hope you have understanding neighbours!

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Loud ^^ dam phone. Lol.

Ben.

Ditto about smart phones

Your Milltek probably does have a sports cat fitted so just have a look at the underside were the front seats are & you should see a bulge in the exhaust system which is the cat.

There's a sports button showen as a S on the dash which opens the 2nd tail pipe outlet mate.😊

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 09 February 2018 - 11:13 AM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.