47 replies to this topic

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Chris knots are the cheapest for me so far exhaust mods declared, £350 compulsary NCB protected £1055 postcode is the major player with me

Danw.

That would all change if you moved a few miles south off the water mate.😂

Dell.

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Danw.

That would all change if you moved a few miles south off the water mate.😂

Dell.

Yes mate It would triple in price 😂😂😂

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Yes mate It would triple in price 😂😂😂

Danw.

No it's co's your an East London sparkes mate 😂

Dell.

Jonnyrs3

Jonnyrs3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

dsme.

That's good for your age mate :up_it:

Im in my mid 50s :P

Dell.

im just turned 50 and my RS3 8v 2016 is insured with LV 10k per year with my mrs as a named driver £330
Very pleased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Managed to renew with Admiral for £369 on the new beast - including my 'modified' alloy wheels. Benefit of being on the wrong side of 40  :)

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Managed to renew with Admiral for £369 on the new beast - including my 'modified' alloy wheels. Benefit of being on the wrong side of 40 :)

£500 was the best I could do.

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
😔£1145 Chris knot, clean liecense max NCB exhaust secondary decats declared. Main stream insurance companies not interested. Kept renewing quotes daily £1500+.
If I never mentioned decats £745. 15000 miles per annum
Price you pay for being honest 😂

sawda

sawda

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationNorth London

I've mainly used Adrian Flux for any performance car I've had with Mods and they've always been good.
£470 with £500 excess
8k miles and all mods declared
I'm 35

I think when I renewed I did get a cheaper quote elsewhere (just used confused.com) then they beat that quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gonna try flux next time round I think

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

StuRS3

StuRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
I just got quoted 1800 with my current insurance company ( Sheila’s wheels multi car policy ) simply because my wife crashed my old car ( not totally her fault I must add ) I have full no claims protected and I’m the wrong side of 40, car will be garaged and the garage has an alarm linked to the house, we live in a nice area in Berkshire

I think I need to shop around, weird thing is from the corsa to the S3 I paid £83 more for 7 months remaining on the policy.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
StuRS3 - Omg £1800 is really high. I bet you can get better if you shop around.

SK-RS3

SK-RS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

I just got quoted 1800 with my current insurance company ( Sheila’s wheels multi car policy ) simply because my wife crashed my old car ( not totally her fault I must add ) I have full no claims protected and I’m the wrong side of 40, car will be garaged and the garage has an alarm linked to the house, we live in a nice area in Berkshire

I think I need to shop around, weird thing is from the corsa to the S3 I paid £83 more for 7 months remaining on the policy.

That’s nuts I’m 31 and only paid £1800 for both the SQ5 and RS3 and I had accident couple years back still on going claim

StuRS3

StuRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Agreed I need to shop around the fact it was the wife having the accident on my policy which is rather frustrating

I was preparing the lube to be honest

But looking on here there are a few I want to try :) hopefully I can get a sensible quote for a sensible guy with a mad wife ( just kidding wifey )

Stu

StuRS3

StuRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Wow Chris knotts just quoted me £2500

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Wow Chris knotts just quoted me £2500

I was going to try them when mine is up for renewal, don’t think I’ll waste my time on the phone now though. I can get it for £800 through Flux Direct all mods declared, an accident 3 years ago and 3 points for speeding.

StuRS3

StuRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Flux just quoted me £1224 based on 2 fault claims but with A first year £3000 excess if I claim and it’s my fault

StuRS3

StuRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

That’s nuts I’m 31 and only paid £1800 for both the SQ5 and RS3 and I had accident couple years back still on going claim

Who is that with ?

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
One company would not insure the car as he said that the hot hatch cars we own are starting to become more powerful more desirable to the wrong type of person and are costing north of 50k new.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

I was paying £440 with an SP50 through LV for my 8V & my Mrs is paying £384 also with LV for her 8P

Although the RS 7 is now costing me £608 with my SP50  :rolleyes: with LV

Lol being 50+ does have some advantages  :P

Edited by RobRS, 28 February 2018 - 05:33 PM.

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

StuRS3

StuRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Just on the phone to LV now

StuRS3

StuRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

One company would not insure the car as he said that the hot hatch cars we own are starting to become more powerful more desirable to the wrong type of person and are costing north of 50k new.

Just had something similar whilst on the phone to skyInsurance they said none of there providers would give me a quote

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.