105 replies to this topic

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Well it’s official, I had a call from Audi saying my new RS3 is build week 9 (26th Feb). Today I will get an email so I can set up the Audi account and check the progress.
Last week I added the folding mirrors and extended upholstery pack. I saw one with the extend and one without and felt it just finished the cab off and should really have been standard at the price.

I have to say I am genuinely going to miss my Scirocco R and wished I could afford to keep them both. Let’s hope this is a good move and my RS3 isn’t plagued with issues.

Oldmanracing

Oldmanracing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
Exciting!

Am sure you won't be disappointed

OMR

Nobber

Nobber

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Welcome aboard Stu! 

You won't regret it, it's an absolute everyday, any weather, weapon  Wheel spin will be a thing of the past for sure compared to the Rocco R.

Edited by Nobber, 31 January 2018 - 10:37 AM.

JamesCam

JamesCam

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Bet you've worked hard enough for it mate..

Nice one, you are gonna absolutely love it Stu.

Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • LocationUK

Yeah we had a Roc R and kept it 5 years, it was a fantastic car.

Perfect for all 5 years and never missed a beat or needed repair.

Boy did it go too lol :)

You really needed dry weather / roads as you will know as 260 bhp was a lot through the front wheels, but it was nimble, fun & really rapid.

The RS3 ups the game somewaht though in terms of power, NOISE, 4WD grip in any weather, interior, visibility, practicality etc.

You will really enjoy the RS3 and retain fond memories of the Roc I am sure  B)  

March 2016 Audi RSfloret silver & lots of black bits

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Make sure you get logged into the owners area on Audi.co.uk and then you can be as sad as me, checking the build status every night after work  :lol:

Remember, when they say build week 9, it will actually start being pulled together the previous week - my car was build week 5 (29th Jan) but it had already been built last weekend and is now sitting in quality control... Don't really know why I'm checking, even if it arrives early, I'll still have to wait until probably 3rd March before I can nip down and pick it up!

You're going to love your new RS3!

Bagshot

Bagshot

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Worth the wait

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Thangs Guys for the nice replies. Hopefully I will get to meet a lot of you at some events this year. :-)

Final spec agreed is now:
Ara blue saloon
Black trim pack
Black side mirrors with elec fold/heat
Extended upholstery
Comfort pack
Sports pack
Standard wheels which will be replaced as soon as it arrives for forged OZs.

Also the dealership are sorting me an RS driving day. I’ve been on plenty of driving days so told them RS3 driving would be my first choice.

araS3

araS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Stuwie, I recently collected an ara blue RS3 which replaced my 3 door golf r which I’d owned since new in 2011.

The worst thing about replacing cars like we had is that as much as you think the RS3 will be in another sphere it just isn’t. Performance is better but not as noticeable as I’d expected (in-gear especially) and my god the seats in the Audi are so so high and unsupportive after the golf/roc. My first mod will be sticking a race seat in it so I’m not driving an suv.

But it’s worth it for the sound if nothing else. Can’t get tired of that!

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Stuwie, I recently collected an ara blue RS3 which replaced my 3 door golf r which I’d owned since new in 2011.
The worst thing about replacing cars like we had is that as much as you think the RS3 will be in another sphere it just isn’t. Performance is better but not as noticeable as I’d expected (in-gear especially) and my god the seats in the Audi are so so high and unsupportive after the golf/roc. My first mod will be sticking a race seat in it so I’m not driving an suv.
But it’s worth it for the sound if nothing else. Can’t get tired of that!

Yes I know where you are coming from. I have the Recaro seat upgrade on mine which is a 15 plate and they are the best seats I’ve ever owned. I’m hoping to do some big mods after year 2 because you are right on performance. Yes off the lights the RS3 would be faster to to be honest from 30 to 100 I’m pretty sure my stage 2+ is a bit quicker and with track suspension handles better.I think my Roc looks better as well being a dedicated sporty shape and surprisingly can take bigger wheels without issues. The potential for big power though is way better in the Roc and the new dash is superb. The one thing that has been great about the Roc is 3 years and 19k of super reliable hassle free driving where the thing ever needing doing to it was a pair of new front tyres. There’s not many sporty cars that can boast that kind of reliability and trust me I’ve had some races over that time.
I won’t miss the traction coming on all the time in the wet and I’m already dreaming of Iroz turbo kits. The dash on mine has the extra pod upgrade with lap timer, boost gauge and something I have forgot what it is lol. I love the gauges but the new virtual cockpit is to die for. Anyone who is considering a later PFL or a FL would say rob your grannies post office account to get the extra because it’s amazing. My mates R8 dash looks no better and the big rev counter with the colours on in manual is worth the extra money on its own.
Lastly the new engine had so much R&D there is no way on Earth they did this for 33 up and I bet this will be in vehicles with 500 hp in the future, a bit like Merc knowing they would get 400 hp from their 2.0 turbo pre launch.

Edited by StuW13, 11 February 2018 - 08:40 AM.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Don't compare modded vs standard cars. The RS3 can be modded too you know ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Don't compare modded vs standard cars. The RS3 can be modded too you know ;)
TX.
Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I totally agree and intend to do plenty of mods. You still can’t help comparing if you know the money you have spent and what you are driving. No turning back now with about 4 weeks till the collection date.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Today I went to Regal Autosports to have a standard map put on and my standard exhaust with cat. Omg it was like I had 3 20 stone passengers and a trailer on the back. There’s definitely no going back now and it will be an even bigger smile on my face after driving it standard for 4 weeks.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Today I was really excited to get an email from Audi saying to log into my account because they have started the build. As my start date is the 26th I thought great a week early. :) 

I login to my account I have already had a few weeks and nothing has happened other than order acknowledgement I had when I first opened it.  :( 

I can't stand not knowing a secret, not knowing what I have been bought as a present and waiting for a new car is by far worse. The fact my car is back to standard sucks and believe me no one would ever think the FL has a quiet exhaust if they had just been driving a Golf R or Sirocco R. It sounds so quiet since putting the standard exhaust on that I can hardly hear the thing. :blink: 

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Check again on Thursday / Friday. The 'car' (or should I say components of your car) will no doubt be in the panel shop by then and will probably have been fully assembled on Monday 26th. That's what happened for my build on the 2nd Feb. You'll find it gets painted / assembled / QA pretty quickly then takes a week or so to get transported from Ingolstadt to the UK. Not long to go now...  ;)

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Check again on Thursday / Friday. The 'car' (or should I say components of your car) will no doubt be in the panel shop by then and will probably have been fully assembled on Monday 26th. That's what happened for my build on the 2nd Feb. You'll find it gets painted / assembled / QA pretty quickly then takes a week or so to get transported from Ingolstadt to the UK. Not long to go now...  ;)

Just checked and it has gone through prep and now in the panel shop.  :D 

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Its in the paint shop today. :)

I was really surprised to see the anti rust coat and primer was put on by submerging the car in the liquid. I see being Audi even the little robot arms have clothes. :D

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Whats happening now Stu ?    :sleep:  :sleep:

Only jokin mate , I know its exciting for you mate ,itll be worth the wait  :up_it:

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Roy - Well I checked it at the end of the day and it's still on paint shop, so I am hoping they will be working on the weekend. :11:

The dealer spoke to me today because I am arranging the Gtechniq guy to prep my car at the dealers. He said not to get excited because it could still take 4 weeks to arrive after it is built, depending on the shipping. It better not be because it's my birthday on the 13th and I'm on holiday seeing my parents in Leicester on the 23rd. :frantic: 

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Roy - Just for you I checked before turning in and it has now moved from paint shop to assembly. :-)

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.