70 replies to this topic

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Ok thanks.

Yeah I'll check the convenience module asap.

I just don't know how I'm going to get to the door module when I can't open the door, nightmare!
I could t really tell from the diagram especially as I'm only on my iPhone but does the driver door interface with the rear door for power etc or are they completely standalone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im pretty certain the rear is a slave module to the front one.

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Ok thanks, certainly would make sense in my particular failure mode.
There doesn't appear to be a specific fuse for the passenger door module unless I'm. Issuing something.
As you say need to try and get to the passenger front wiring and door module but no idea how to get the door open.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Ok thanks, certainly would make sense in my particular failure mode.
There doesn't appear to be a specific fuse for the passenger door module unless I'm. Issuing something.
As you say need to try and get to the passenger front wiring and door module but no idea how to get the door open.

Matt when you say you didn't try the windows, just pull up on the door switch and it should make a click type noise......

This way you can see if the windows are affected too.

Have you tried the battery disconnect yet ?

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Sorry, I didn't initially but have since tried that and both front and rear completely inoperative

Haven't tried the battery yet. So busy at work at moving house next Friday so not good timing, not that it ever would be

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
So I dissed the battery for 10-15 mins, all reconnected and unfortunately no different

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

So I dissed the battery for 10-15 mins, all reconnected and unfortunately no different

Did you check the convenience module yet ?

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Just having a look at that now. I can see where it's located but trying to work how to get the side trim/panel off.
Do you think if that was an issue it'd effect more than just the passenger side though? Plus would it show as a specific fault?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Just having a look at that now. I can see where it's located but trying to work how to get the side trim/panel off.
Do you think if that was an issue it'd effect more than just the passenger side though? Plus would it show as a specific fault?

Dunno.

But you gotta start somewhere.

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Convenience module and connections seem to be ok.
I can't seem to connect to the module via VCDS though, but when doing an auto scan you get "status ok" which seems a little odd.
I cannot connect directly to any passenger door modules to do any output tests. Both drivers side connect fine and perform all output tests ok.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Convenience module and connections seem to be ok.
I can't seem to connect to the module via VCDS though, but when doing an auto scan you get "status ok" which seems a little odd.
I cannot connect directly to any passenger door modules to do any output tests. Both drivers side connect fine and perform all output tests ok.

Is the window switch on the passenger door clicking when you pull it up ?

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
No it's completely dead as is the rear

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

No it's completely dead as is the rear

Hmmmm

Then it would seem there’s a power supply issue somewhere or a loom issue.

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
If only I could get the door open so I could check the plug couplers!
The only thing that does work is the speaker but that'll be supplied from the radio/amp. Not sure if the wiring for that is in the same loom/plug coupler though?

One of the diagram you posted up showed the module locations. Was that an exhaustive list? I'm wondering where the BCM modules are as the fuse analysis shows left side and right side so would be worth trying to locate and check those I guess.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

The only thing that does work is the speaker but that'll be supplied from the radio/amp. Not sure if the wiring for that is in the same loom/plug coupler though?

One of the diagram you posted up showed the module locations. Was that an exhaustive list? I'm wondering where the BCM modules are as the fuse analysis shows left side and right side so would be worth trying to locate and check those I guess.

The picture I sent shows it’s under the relay carrier on the left hand side.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Pm sent

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Could some one with VCDS let me know if you're successfully able to connect to control module 46 - Central Convenience ?
I'm presuming you should but i can't and I need to be certain so I stay on the right path

Edited by Mattjj82, 04 February 2018 - 09:12 AM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Could some one with VCDS let me know if you're successfully able to connect to control module 46 - Central Convenience ?
I'm presuming you should but i can't and I need to be certain so I stay on the right path

I’m pretty sure 46 was amalgamated into 09 central electrics.

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Ah ok that kinda makes sense to what I've just read on Ross tech. It does still come up in the auto scan list though as I said before so it was confusing me a little

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Ah ok that kinda makes sense to what I've just read on Ross tech. It does still come up in the auto scan list though as I said before so it was confusing me a little

Part of your problem could be that sometimes if doors are not all ‘unlocked’ then VCDS doesn’t like it.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

It’s a virtual module I’m pretty sure

The address is there but VCDS cannot communicate with it because it’s not a proper module as such.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.