No replies to this topic

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
This was one of my early supercharged cars I built with my mate who used to own Stealth Systems in Southampton. It was probably the best car I ever did considering there was nothing off the shelf for it.
The most surprising thing was the near standard gearbox. Apart a scavenger pump, additional cooler, 6 litres more oil, high pressure & capacity pump and strategically positioned jets, it really was standard. Over 600bhp with both NOS kits running and we were testing to see what went bang. In 30k miles the only thing that went (twice) was the clutch.

With no 4wd this car was hard work to get power down but 50 to 120 was scary fast. 10 years ago my Pirelli P Zeroo tyres on 19s cost more than they do now.

The basics are still the same with massive cooling, water/methonal and custom ecu. Fuelling was probably the biggest challenge and we went through 5 different types of jets and pumps before getting enough fuel. The base from the exhaust was so low it set car alarms off and was not popular with my neighbours lol.

http://www.406coupec...PFC 2007 02.pdf

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.