Mythos Black RS3 Project

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

dsme

dsme

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I got my new car a few weeks back now after previously having a Mk7 Golf R. The plan with this is to achieve 500bhp+ (easy). I use this car every day so this needs to be kept in mind. 

25822097238_eda29542bc_k.jpg

We had some snow up last week so I took full advantage of that. The RS3s do donuts very easy. 
28149715929_da117ab838_k.jpg
Snow by David, on Flickr

Today I went about fitting the Milltek secondary decats that I had ordered. Makes a good bit of difference and pretty pleased with the outcome. 
39219454414_c8f1d568ce_k.jpg
Side by side by David, on Flickr
26057300968_eb56958dfa_k.jpg
In progress by David, on Flickr
39219449934_059d2eadb0_k.jpg
Fitted by David, on Flickr

I'm now in the process of collecting all the necessary components for going to stage 3. 

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

good luck with your plans,

Keep us informed of how your proceeding 

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Did you climb under the car to fit those decats?!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Did you climb under the car to fit those decats?!

TX.

They are very easy to do TX

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
Piece of piss. Jack one side up unbolt old one for new one, repeat on the other side. Two things to be cautious of snapping the threads and tightness of the old fixings.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Piece of piss. Jack one side up unbolt old one for new one, repeat on the other side. Two things to be cautious of snapping the threads and tightness of the old fixings.

Correct Dan,

Even after a good soaking of Wūrth Rost off ice I still had 1 snap off (the one closest to the road as it happened)

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
Managed to snap one out of six Sean so got away lightly mate😅. The one that did snap was the one that I didn’t hit the spanner with the hammer, sometimes you don’t know your own strength 😂

dsme

dsme

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Yes it's incredibly straightforward to do, my mate done most of the work (he's a mechanic and just took over lol). We didn't snap anything but did have to go buy some new nut and bolts from Homebase as I didn't know it was studs on the old pipes. 

Unfortunately had an incident tonight :(
39904198692_779bad03e9_k.jpg
Crater 1 by David, on Flickr

39904197582_48a25d9e5d_k.jpg
Crater 2 by David, on Flickr

As you could imagine it resulted in the following...

39904196562_ecc0b75029_k.jpg
Pancake by David, on Flickr

Fantastic way to spend a Saturday night!! Now the struggle to try and get a 255 30 19 on a Sunday or at best a 235 35 19!

Edited by dsme, 28 January 2018 - 01:48 AM.

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Yes it's incredibly straightforward to do, my mate done most of the work (he's a mechanic and just took over lol). We didn't snap anything but did have to go buy some new nut and bolts from Homebase as I didn't know it was studs on the old pipes.

Unfortunately had an incident tonight :(
39904198692_779bad03e9_k.jpg
Crater 1 by David, on Flickr

39904197582_48a25d9e5d_k.jpg
Crater 2 by David, on Flickr

As you could imagine it resulted in the following...

39904196562_ecc0b75029_k.jpg
Pancake by David, on Flickr

Fantastic way to spend a Saturday night!! Now the struggle to try and get a 255 30 19 on a Sunday or at best a 235 35 19!

Claim off the local authority, it's unacceptable our roads are in this condition.

I've claimed twice in the past for a 911 and an RS4.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
The potholes around here are horrific, I'm constantly swerving left and right to avoid them!

TX.

Nardo RS4

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

The potholes around here are horrific, I'm constantly swerving left and right to avoid them!

TX.

No wonder you didn't spec the pano roof in that case!!  :D  :D  :D

dsme

dsme

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

I have stuck a claim into my council and waiting to hear back. From what I've heard from everywhere else, this is a long-winded process.

It's the first time I've ever burst a tyre from a pothole. The only good thing about this happening is I've managed to ditch a P Zero (I hate them).

I managed to pick up a part worn Continental 255 30 19 tyre to match the other side. Not sure if it's just my imagination, but it seems as though I can feel the difference with just one tyre change. I didn't want to purchase a new tyre as I don't want to buy twice (couldn't get Super Sports on a Sunday) and I'd like to get the use out of the shitty Pirelli tyres until summer time.

JamesCam

JamesCam

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I have stuck a claim into my council and waiting to hear back. From what I've heard from everywhere else, this is a long-winded process.

It's the first time I've ever burst a tyre from a pothole. The only good thing about this happening is I've managed to ditch a P Zero (I hate them).

I managed to pick up a part worn Continental 255 30 19 tyre to match the other side. Not sure if it's just my imagination, but it seems as though I can feel the difference with just one tyre change. I didn't want to purchase a new tyre as I don't want to buy twice (couldn't get Super Sports on a Sunday) and I'd like to get the use out of the shitty Pirelli tyres until summer time.

It's a long grueling process, but for something like that, I've heard the council will eventually pay out something towards the costs for repair.

Sometimes depends on your local authority. If it was somewhere in Lambeth, I think you'd be fortunate just to get a response.

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

It's a long grueling process, but for something like that, I've heard the council will eventually pay out something towards the costs for repair.

Sometimes depends on your local authority. If it was somewhere in Lambeth, I think you'd be fortunate just to get a response.

Tandridge DC paid out the full cost on both occasions for mine. It took about 6 months on each occasion and they wanted photos and receipts, but at least they coughed up in the end.

dsme

dsme

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

I live in Scotland and my council are Falkirk Council, I haven't had a response at all from them yet since submitting the form which is a bit rude but I can imagine they are getting a lot of them right now as the roads up here are an absolute disgrace since the spell of snow we had. 

I bought a part worn and I will be pushing for them to cover the full amount it cost as it's significantly cheaper than a brand new tyre which I wasn't willing to put on unless it was a super sport lol. 

Edited by dsme, 29 January 2018 - 08:06 PM.

dsme

dsme

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Unfortunately more bad luck with the car. I managed to hit another pothole yesterday which burst the other Pirelli P Zero tyre. The roads are honestly not great but I don't think the Pirelli tyres are helping the matter. Fortunately this time it's a pinhole so I can continue to use the car but given there's a big bulge in the sidewall I'm going to avoid using it until I can get some Pilot Sport 4S'.

40205837031_02ef19bc24_k.jpg

Tyre buldge - pothole 2 by David, on Flickr

25334455067_11b647e0f1_k.jpg

Pothole 2 by David, on Flickr

39307927365_6f55eff5d0_k.jpg

Pothole 2 by David, on Flickr

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Two punctures in as many weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to do what I did - bought a full size spare wheel with fitted tyre just so in event of puncture/wheel damage I could carry on driving & not get bogged down with replacement/repair. But since I bought the spare wheel nearly a year ago I've not had a puncture - and that involved driving some of the infamous Irish rural roads on west coast.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Two punctures in as many weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to do what I did - bought a full size spare wheel with fitted tyre just so in event of puncture/wheel damage I could carry on driving & not get bogged down with replacement/repair. But since I bought the spare wheel nearly a year ago I've not had a puncture - and that involved driving some of the infamous Irish rural roads on west coast.

dsme

On my 8P ive a space saver in the boot as it fits in the place the repair sh*te was but it won't fit on the front so i will be changing the wheels back to front if i have a front puncture.

Dell.

dsme

dsme

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Fingers crossed the bad luck I've had with this car is finished now. 

I now have the 255/30/19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres fitted to the front, I won't comment on my opinion on them now as they are still needing to be bedded in. I'm going to give these a try and eventually get these fitted to the rear, but in which size I haven't decided. From previous discussion and experience, I like a square setup so I'd ideally like to have 255/30/19 on the rear but from what I've read the rear alloys are only 8j whereas the front is 8.5j? Looking for peoples opinions. 

I also have the car booked into my local dealership tomorrow morning to look over a few things; 

- Knocking from rear particularly when in dynamic 

- Squealing brakes (hopefully we can get something done about this)

- Vibration through the brake pedal (I actually think the discs are warped and the car was sold to me like this)

- Absolutely brutal shifts particularly when cold between 1-2 and 2-3

I suspect the gearbox is needing an oil change but the car is not on the miles which Audi recommends to change the gearbox oil, but given how brutal the shifts are they should have changed it before sale. 

Unfortunately, I am getting a Q2 as a courtesy car, I really would have been expecting something of a similar performance. 

Edited by dsme, 14 February 2018 - 05:20 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
8j rim shouldn’t have a 255 tyre on it I’m afraid.

If you want a square set up why not just get 2 x 8j fronts ? That way you can rotate the tyres too.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.