• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
You don't live near a pebbledasher do you??

Never seen anything like that before...

Hopefully it's an easy fix.

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
My alloys don't have lacquer on the diamond cut section and tbh I prefer it that way as we all know what happens when it starts to become stone chipped!

Looking at your picture a few times I'd say yours are lacquered and you've had a reaction under it which has now discoloured it and locked in the brake dust and alloy corrosion.
Dependant on the depth of the lacquer and how well it's still adhered to the surface it may pay to get them recut but go test it out and see if you can scrap it off with a flat blade.

Having them then without the lacquer just means you need to keep on top of them a bit more and of course not use any acid based wheel cleaners(I use bolt hamber auto wheel when they're really dirty which is excellent)
Get some fine wet and dry sandpaper and use icw some autosol and they'll come up good as new. Then apply some sealant and you're good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Mattjj82, 28 January 2018 - 12:59 PM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.