17 replies to this topic

SeanB

SeanB

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOop north

Hi all

I'm a newbie to these forums but not to Audi's, I've owned a GT Coupe and an S2 in my time, the S2 being a particular favourite of mine. I was also a regional rep and S2 rep for Club Audi at that time.

I currently drive a 2017 Ford Focus ST, my third over the last five years or so. Bang for your buck I don't think you can really do better and I've been enjoying my ST's. I'm currently a staff member on the Focus ST OC site.

With the passing of my dad at the back end of last year I'm going to be coming into a fairly substantial sum of money (thanks dad). Other things need to come first, you know boring stuff like buying my house outright, paying off debts and other such grown up things but with a bit of luck I should be able to order myself a new RS3 towards the back end of this year and still have enough saved for a rainy day :)

So I'll be hanging around watching goings on, gleaning information, learning about my possible new purchase and probably getting more and more excited as the year moves along.

Dreaming of a Merlin purple RS3 with all the trimmings :)

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
Welcome to the OC Sean and sincerely sorry for your loss.

You'll be able to pick up loads of useful info on here, we're lucky to have some very switched on and technically minded owners - although I'm not one of them!!

SeanB

SeanB

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOop north

Still working through the loss of the old man but he wouldn't want me to sit around moping, and he always knew what I was going to spend his money on :lol:

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
Welcome mate, s2 is a very rare beast indeed👍. Be interested to hear your thoughts on the rs compared to your s2 and focus st’s. Life does seem to kick you at times but memories last for ever, enjoy your new toy when it comes fella.

SeanB

SeanB

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOop north
The S2 was bloody awesome. Talking about 15 years ago now, but it was one of those cars that made me smile every time I drove it. Unfortunately it was written off when a bus rolled back on me (cheers for that) although I have seen it about on the web, J35 TFC it was. Guess the insurers must have sold it on.

Other than the AWD the S2 was quite close in comparison to the ST. Even closer to the Mk2 ST which has a similar 5 cylinder 225 bhp engine. The Mk3 is slightly quicker and better built, but no match for an Audi interior. I've not driven an RS of any age, the Mk3 with it's clever AWD did tempt me for a bit but it's a more hardcore kind of car, for the improved handling and speed you lose some of your creature comforts and I'm all about the creature comforts! My ST is fully loaded and my RS3 will be as well. I love all the toys and fiddly bits, the interactive dash of the RS3 gives me pant stirrings...

Edited by SeanB, 08 January 2018 - 04:41 PM.

jimojameso

jimojameso

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Hi Sean welcome to the OC :)

2015 Nardo RS3

2010 Sepang TT RS Sold!

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

The S2 was bloody awesome. Talking about 15 years ago now, but it was one of those cars that made me smile every time I drove it. Unfortunately it was written off when a bus rolled back on me (cheers for that) although I have seen it about on the web, J35 TFC it was. Guess the insurers must have sold it on.

Other than the AWD the S2 was quite close in comparison to the ST. Even closer to the Mk2 ST which has a similar 5 cylinder 225 bhp engine. The Mk3 is slightly quicker and better built, but no match for an Audi interior. I've not driven an RS of any age, the Mk3 with it's clever AWD did tempt me for a bit but it's a more hardcore kind of car, for the improved handling and speed you lose some of your creature comforts and I'm all about the creature comforts! My ST is fully loaded and my RS3 will be as well. I love all the toys and fiddly bits, the interactive dash of the RS3 gives me pant stirrings...

I bet your gutted on the s2. Going for strong money now mate very rare indeed, enjoy your project with the RS3👍

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Welcome along.
My namesake Sean

I had a 2008 FL ST-3 Focus.

Think it gave me the 5 pot bug.

Edited by T-800, 08 January 2018 - 05:25 PM.

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Hello Sean 

Welcome to the forum,

Sean (T~800,above) he is the prob the cleverest mush on here, so he and others will answer any questions you may have

He unfortunately for him is also from up norf  :D

Just hope your NOT considering a Nardo one  :(

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
Please get a Nardo one Seanb with Nardo colour alloys seats trim dash the works and stick up loads of pics of it😂

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Please get a Nardo one Seanb with Nardo colour alloys seats trim dash the works and stick up loads of pics of it

Nardo engine cover too

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Hi Sean

Welcome to the OC mate  :)

Dell.

JamesCam

JamesCam

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Welcome mate,

The ST is a brilliant car. You are going to love the RS3, it's truly fantastic.

All the best,

James

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
Hi Sean and welcome along to a great forum full of informative people, and a right bloody laugh!

The Mk3 Focus RS's are supposed to be brilliant cars to drive (right up until they let water into one of the cylinders!), but as you say the interior is a bit of a mess and feels hollow.

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Hi Sean and welcome to the forum. I think you are right think g the RS3 has great gadgets compared to its rival and I also can’t wait to play with the dash. Best thing is get yourself out on a test drive as soon as you can and you won’t look back.
As mentioned there is a great bunch on here with years of knowledge.

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

Still working through the loss of the old man but he wouldn't want me to sit around moping, and he always knew what I was going to spend his money on :lol:

Welcome Sean as well and sorry for your loss too. A parent can never replaced and will never be forgotten, I know only too well now too. The RS3 ah well, I cant wait until mine is delivered at end of April.....you will not be disappointed im sure.
I'm a Fordy too!! I have a '92 Sierra Sapphire RS Cosworth 4X4 in my garage which I've owned from new!!

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

StuRS3

StuRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Agreed Here Welcome to the board Sean

Welcome Sean as well and sorry for your loss too. A parent can never replaced and will never be forgotten, I know only too well now too. The RS3 ah well, I cant wait until mine is delivered at end of April.....you will not be disappointed im sure.
I'm a Fordy too!! I have a '92 Sierra Sapphire RS Cosworth 4X4 in my garage which I've owned from new!!

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Welcome Sean!

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.