Secondary decat miltek or scorpion

13 replies to this topic

Jonessy95

Jonessy95

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Can't decide which one to get , which one is louder and sounds better also with performance

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Can't decide which one to get , which one is louder and sounds better also with performance

Crewe Audi sell the OEM Audi straight thru pipes off the FL @£130 iirc.
Gaskets and bolts £18.

Edited by T-800, 07 January 2018 - 10:21 PM.

deepspacemillar

deepspacemillar

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland
Scorpion - the milltek have a giant 'not for road use' stamped on them

Jonessy95

Jonessy95

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
I have the pre-facelift and I have the sports exhaust

Jonessy95

Jonessy95

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
I've heard the scorpion is a little louder and yeah the miltek has not for road use printed on them where as the scorpion doesn't

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I have the pre-facelift and I have the sports exhaust

The OEM ones fit PFL too.

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
As T800 as pointed out OEM, that’s the route I’ve gone. Can not possibly see how a straight metal pipe that is identical to each other in spec’s can be any louder. Just paying for the name I suppose and can not believe genuine in this case is cheaper.

Hal

Hal

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

I think 'the not for road use' label is Milltek being ultra cautious in case there is any come-back on them for the pipe being without cat etc.

I have gone for Scorpion purely because the twin section starts at the top and in theory - and I emphasise theory - the exhaust gas can expand into the twin pipes as soon as possible rather than it having to travel down a restricted single pipe before it can dissipate as with the oem or Miltek. Cannot comment on the noise as it is not yet fitted!

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
👍I stand corrected regarding the design on the scorpion pipes Hal.

Mutley

Mutley

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBrackley

Just got back from MCR Tuning in Banbury to check whether my 2018 RS3 has secondary decats. The car has a factory fitted sports exhaust and no secondary decats. Hooray!!

As an aside I ordered all the parts to carry out the decat with genuine Audi parts before I even got the car so if anybody wants to buy them let me know

Also can anyone let me know were I would purchase uprated bolts for the propshaft?

Cheers

Simon

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Just got back from MCR Tuning in Banbury to check whether my 2018 RS3 has secondary decats. The car has a factory fitted sports exhaust and no secondary decats. Hooray!!

As an aside I ordered all the parts to carry out the decat with genuine Audi parts before I even got the car so if anybody wants to buy them let me know

Also can anyone let me know were I would purchase uprated bolts for the propshaft?

Cheers

Simon

RS 3 with sports exhaust has no Second Cats (there are reports of the standard exhaust having no 2nd cats either)

Standard prop bolts haven’t given trouble yet, on the 8P the design was changed to make to stronger, I imagine they’ve carried over some aspect of this to the 8V.

Mutley

Mutley

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBrackley

cheers T-800

Will leave bolts as is then

Was also going to fit a rear H&R anti-roll bar before next months Stage 1 upgrade at Litchfield. Good idea?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

cheers T-800

Will leave bolts as is then

Was also going to fit a rear H&R anti-roll bar before next months Stage 1 upgrade at Litchfield. Good idea?

Personally I’d be speaking to MRC.

@Fivepotfan can give good advice here.

DUB

DUB

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

I think 'the not for road use' label is Milltek being ultra cautious in case there is any come-back on them for the pipe being without cat etc.

I have gone for Scorpion purely because the twin section starts at the top and in theory - and I emphasise theory - the exhaust gas can expand into the twin pipes as soon as possible rather than it having to travel down a restricted single pipe before it can dissipate as with the oem or Miltek. Cannot comment on the noise as it is not yet fitted!

Did you fit the scorpion secondary decat yet Hal?

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.