- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Wrekka

Wrekka

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

My car is running stage 2 APR engine map but presume the gearbox is standard but am unsure. 

My car will not allow me to put it into second gear from a standing start-is this normal? Other auto cars have always allowed me to go into second gear for setting off but the RS3 only goes in once moving. 

With regards to a gearbox map do APR actually do one?

cheers!

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

Why would you want to set off in second gear.?????????????????

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

To stop 1st gear wearing out ?🤣

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Neil

My thoughts but wasn't going to ask why mate  :o

Dell.

Wrekka

Wrekka

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Setting off in second gear in snowy conditions reduces chances of tyres slipping.

When I drive the m3 in very wet conditions and want to set off quickly always put the car in 2nd gear to set off -less chance of wheels spinning.

Edited by Wrekka, 24 December 2017 - 10:13 PM.

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

Setting off in second gear in snowy conditions reduces chances of tyres slipping.
When I drive the m3 in very wet conditions and want to set off quickly always put the car in 2nd gear to set off -less chance of wheels spinning.

You're not in an M3 tho.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Hold on you've got 4 wheel drive & there great in the wet & snow if you don't drive like a cock !

Leave in D let off the brake & the RS will creep forward without any throttle then once moving just touch the throttle lightly & your be fine 😊

It's all about being gentle and smooth !

Dell

Wrekka

Wrekka

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Yeah just seems a very fine line between swift and full boost power with this APR map.  Can be tricky dodging out of junctions sometimes as can go on full power too easily and you end up looking like a hooligan!

So does the RS3 just not go into second gear then from a standstill? Can someone try it on theirs please for a comparison? Cheers

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Yeah just seems a very fine line between swift and full boost power with this APR map. Can be tricky dodging out of junctions sometimes as can go on full power too easily and you end up looking like a hooligan!
So does the RS3 just not go into second gear then from a standstill? Can someone try it on theirs please for a comparison? Cheers

May be you really do need to control your right foot as my RS is on a MRC stage 2+ mapping & doesn't have the traction issues or concerns your expressing mate.

On light throttle pull always my changes into 2nd nearly straight away I'm also running on MPS4s tyres 😊

Dell

Edited by RS3Dell, 25 December 2017 - 06:13 PM.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

Could possibly be the throttle pedal sensor. It`s just two linear pots. If one goes faulty it can give you "on or off" throttle. VCDS will check this for you.  

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

Wrekka

Wrekka

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Ok will look into this in the New Year

bazf

bazf

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationAberdeenshire

Just put winter tyres on.  Problem solved.  Quattro plus winter boots is awesome.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

May be you really do need to control your right foot as my RS is on a MRC stage 2+ mapping & doesn't have the traction issues or concerns your expressing mate.

On light throttle pull always my changes into 2nd nearly straight away I'm also running on MPS4s tyres

Dell

Tbf when we left the services for Castle Coombe it looked like you were trying to run me over you set off so fast ;)

TX.

Nardo RS4

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

APR don't offer a gearbox map for us.

I have teh MRC DSG tune and I really like it, They custom adjusted the Sport setting for me so it doesn't hold the revs for so long. This is great for general spirited driving but most of all for cruising. Its like D mode but only bags more power and torque and no constant high revs.

Wrekka

Wrekka

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Nice one cheers

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Tbf when we left the services for Castle Coombe it looked like you were trying to run me over you set off so fast ;)

TX.

TX

Sorry mate I wanted to get the jump on all the fast boys 🤣

Dell.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

TX

Sorry mate I wanted to get the jump on all the fast boys 🤣

Dell.

Had to re-read that Dell...... thought it had an s in there

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Had to re-read that Dell...... thought it had an s in there

Sean.

Stop it !........You behave mate  :P

Dell.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.