BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Hi all in need of some assistants. 

I need images of where you have your boost gauge installed. I can't make my mind up, do I go steering colum mounted or air vent. Also where can I purchase vent gauges.

I know the car comes with a boost gauge as standard but it's not much use to us when it just says min and max 🙈. 

Ben 

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Hi all in need of some assistants. 

I need images of where you have your boost gauge installed. I can't make my mind up, do I go steering colum mounted or air vent. Also where can I purchase vent gauges.

I know the car comes with a boost gauge as standard but it's not much use to us when it just says min and max 🙈. 

Ben 

Ben.

How about a look a the PolarFIS Advanced it can show boost using the DIS or the P3 VIDI gauge ?

Dell. 

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

I have took a quick look at the p3, they are very similar to liquid gauge. Quote me if I'm wrong doesn't this kit just read the requested boost from the ecu and not the actual from the map sensor? 

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Just noticed p3 offer a optional boost sensor for tuned cars. At a price of $429 is slightly silly. When I only need a boost gauge and another pod for the meth. Don't need any other fancy stuff when we have a couple geunine vcds cables. 

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I have took a quick look at the p3, they are very similar to liquid gauge. Quote me if I'm wrong doesn't this kit just read the requested boost from the ecu and not the actual from the map sensor? 

Ben

Sorry i can answer that one  :( you could try contacting P3 & find out if thats the case mate ?

How about an old school pod mount gauge like a VDO one & stick it to the dash above the drivers side air vent ?

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 03 December 2017 - 06:33 PM.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Seems to be an option in fact the only 1 unless The s3 vents are the same, will take a look next week as got a s3 booked in for a stage 1 map. 

It's quite amazing how little info is out there or mods for the RS3 8p. 

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Seems to be an option in fact the only 1 unless The s3 vents are the same, will take a look next week as got a s3 booked in for a stage 1 map.

It's quite amazing how little info is out there or mods for the RS3 8p.

Ben

The 8P S3 vent should be the same as our RS3s one's mate.

Here's a photo of a boost gauge fitted in my old supercharged MK2 16v golf.
Attached File  18112006(008).jpg   63.05K   14 downloads

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 04 December 2017 - 12:45 AM.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
fbd9a54c918328b1dde23bb024966d95.jpg

Retrofitted 8V vents in my 8P and used the P3 gauge. Removed now though.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

I think some serious thought as gone into this now and will be going with pillar pods .  ;)

I Will contact podi this morning to see if we can get the steering colum mount and will retro fit the meth into my air vent. 

The p3 does look very tidy. 

Worrying about meth and boost gauges and we haven't even done the chain yet! :D

Edited by BenTTU, 04 December 2017 - 08:41 AM.

Nobber

Nobber

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Mines in the drivers side vent too.  Shadow 2 gauge which matches the dials of an 8p quite well.

Attached Files

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Nobber

Nice  :)  but do you loose the use of the air vent  ;)

Dell.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Nobber that is what I am looking for! Thanks for the image looks spot on. 

Ben 

Nobber

Nobber

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Cheers Dell - you do loose the use of the vent but I’ve not really noticed a difference with de-misting etc as there’s the little one up on the dash too.

Thanks Ben - it’s a 60mm gauge if I remember rightly and with a little bit of padding fits in perfectly with zero movement. I’d personally buy a spare air vent to put it in though as you have to dismantle the existing one to fit it.

Edited by Nobber, 05 December 2017 - 10:06 AM.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Ok nobby thanks for the heads up 

RS03DUN

RS03DUN

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSouth east
I have a p3 and it has may functions and matches standard dial colour and you still get the vent that works.. only problem is when your having fun and on full boost the last thing I'm looking at is the gauge :-) so if I think about it I'd of rather put the money else where.

Ant

Edited by RS03DUN, 22 December 2017 - 06:22 AM.

ily.r

ily.r

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

I have a p3 and it has may functions and matches standard dial colour and you still get the vent that works.. only problem is when your having fun and on full boost the last thing I'm looking at is the gauge :-) so if I think about it I'd of rather put the money else where.

Ant

True. Eyes on the road.
Ive opted for a Bluetooth obd adaptor and have the boost gauge and other gauges on my phone. Just nees to get the centre vent holder for my phone. The upside of this is that i can have different gauge designs when i get bored of one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.