• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

If Audi can make this from a TT, why does the RS brand have to be so understated? Plus it seems Audi got 600HP from the new 5 cylinder engine, not bad going, not bad going at all..

Edited by kalexan, 30 November 2017 - 07:27 PM.

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
Great video mate👍 That car is sensational I wonder how many of those they will make and at what price looking at that makes me want another TT again

deepspacemillar

deepspacemillar

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland
600hp using the race spec engine with a 48v electrical loop and one of the new e-turbos. The Tt and 8v platforms don't have the 48v loops yet, so it would have to be bespoke builds I think.
I do wish however that Audi would build cars like this - aggressive, manual gearbox etc. They don't build any production cars like this. It's a real shame

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
I had to do a bit of reading up on this and I see some where that it would cost about 100k. How true this is, is anyone’s guest. Still think engineering electric turbos to that 5 pot is the way foward, sounds epic and is no doubt a complete weapon.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Imho the new shape RS3 will have leccy assistance to power it. FL boys will be full of regret ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

JamesCam

JamesCam

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Imho the new shape RS3 will have leccy assistance to power it. FL boys will be full of regret ;)

TX.

24131041_1881101058566601_15711100892066

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Ha ha I'm not a big fan of electric only but assisted by electric is ok eg like the P1.

TX.

Nardo RS4

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage
I wish some of the clubsport styling would filter down to RS models as the ones of late appear to be getting softer.

Probably to please the eco vegans

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

I wish some of the clubsport styling would filter down to RS models as the ones of late appear to be getting softer.

Probably to please the eco vegans

I'm amazed Audi don't have a 'halo' project like the BMW GTS series, this would make a perfect start, obviously out of my price range and would be more a collectors car, though one which probably could out sprint many faster cars. Maybe the Audi sport brand is the start of this, though I haven't actually seen a single item for sale yet... like the Akrapovic systems for the TTRS.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.