Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Just wrap it instead

https://instagram.com/p/BbpaWH1FFFa/

There'll be chavs pulling themselves to pieces over that.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Didn't he get rid of the A45 and get a loaner RS3?

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
To much money to much time on there hands, f... me this you tube nonsense seems to pay well if you get enough sheep to hang on to every last word you say🤔 sod it might give it ago 😂😂😂having a normal trade seems boring in comparison 😂✊️

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage
"Awesome colour, shame it's still slow"

Comment of the week! :)

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

To much money to much time on there hands, f... me this you tube nonsense seems to pay well if you get enough sheep to hang on to every last word you say sod it might give it ago having a normal trade seems boring in comparison ✊️

Bloody hell don’t venture on instagram then

Look at me City

Then when you read replies / comments it’s like you need the universal translator

I bet the thieves who pinch cars just love it.

Edited by T-800, 21 November 2017 - 10:09 AM.

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Bloody hell don’t venture on instagram then

Look at me City

Then when you read replies / comments it’s like you need the universal translator

I bet the thieves who pinch cars just love it.

Aargh the false world of social media t800, ‘my life is so great look what I have look what I do’ then they crew back to there lonely rooms and cry themselves to sleep....... 😂😂don’t have or use Facebook twitter or Instagram, only got WhatsApp the other month, and I would like to think I’m fairly young too 😂

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Aargh the false world of social media t800, ‘my life is so great look what I have look what I do’ then they crew back to there lonely rooms and cry themselves to sleep....... don’t have or use Facebook twitter or Instagram, only got WhatsApp the other month, and I would like to think I’m fairly young too

Oh dear don’t mention WA........

Now there’s a cesspit.

Oldmanracing

Oldmanracing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
I know this is not really the topic of this thread, but having just read it, I am glad to see it's not just me that is fed up with never ending amount of these so called 'super car spotters-turned car reviewers-turned into wan4er self righteous owners of some amazing cars all funded by the flocks of YouTube junkies that seem to hang on their every word, antics and reviews.......
They are simply poo.... have no understanding of even the basics of engineering, driving knowledge or experience.

Some of the things that they come out with makes my blood boil, IMHO even if cost is not even taken into account (that's another thread!) they shouldn't be allowed to buy them!......just there stupid idea that they seem to take more enjoyment and get a semi over the 'what I am buying next' and go on and on about options and spec.....should I have the yellow callipers to go with the yellow seat belts and tan leather or carbon carbon carbon or carbon.......fantasy car spec gone mad, they seem to miss the point of the whole thing, fekwits!
This Archie bloke is a tool, Smhee also, JWW more money than sense, and why do they order a new McLaren every week!
There are more and more popping up....
And I don't/won't ever be using insta, or WA, the look at me social media, I really don't give a poo, and like it.
If I won the lottery tomorrow and was in the position to buy such a car as some of these tw4ts own I'd be more worried about being followed by flocks of 'spotters' with rucksacks handheld steadycams and selfie sticks.... all getting giddy and excited like a bunch of 9 year old girls at a sleepover!
Would have to be a debadged RS6 in black.....

OMR

dbm

dbm

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRed Rose County
Garage View Garage

Didn't he get rid of the A45 and get a loaner RS3?

This just serves to demonstrate how shallow the YouTube reviewers can be. He has been lent an RS3, and did a couple of vids on how amazing it was. Then he promptly dropped featuring it on his channel. Now he’s frothing again about the A45 and planning to buy the next one.

I occasionally watch his stuff, but couldn’t stomach watching it regularly. I think the ‘lifestyle’ vloggers are getting worse; even
Paul whosit from Super Cars of London (one of the more watchable self-admitted muppets) is now caught up in talking about the new iPhone and latest motoring game on XBox rather than car stuff. It’s a push to generate volumes of content and volume has an inverse relationship to quality.

It isn’t free money, what these people are doing. But it is a clear warning sign about the perils and pitfalls of social media.

RS3 8V | RS3 8P

dbm

dbm

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
Garage View Garage
Oh, and by the way - Mythbusters have already proved you can polish a turd! :D

RS3 8V | RS3 8P

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Yeah the same way you can put lipstick on a pig..........

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

I know this is not really the topic of this thread, but having just read it, I am glad to see it's not just me that is fed up with never ending amount of these so called 'super car spotters-turned car reviewers-turned into wan4er self righteous owners of some amazing cars all funded by the flocks of YouTube junkies that seem to hang on their every word, antics and reviews.......
They are simply poo.... have no understanding of even the basics of engineering, driving knowledge or experience.

Some of the things that they come out with makes my blood boil, IMHO even if cost is not even taken into account (that's another thread!) they shouldn't be allowed to buy them!......just there stupid idea that they seem to take more enjoyment and get a semi over the 'what I am buying next' and go on and on about options and spec.....should I have the yellow callipers to go with the yellow seat belts and tan leather or carbon carbon carbon or carbon.......fantasy car spec gone mad, they seem to miss the point of the whole thing, fekwits!
This Archie bloke is a tool, Smhee also, JWW more money than sense, and why do they order a new McLaren every week!
There are more and more popping up....
And I don't/won't ever be using insta, or WA, the look at me social media, I really don't give a poo, and like it.
If I won the lottery tomorrow and was in the position to buy such a car as some of these tw4ts own I'd be more worried about being followed by flocks of 'spotters' with rucksacks handheld steadycams and selfie sticks.... all getting giddy and excited like a bunch of 9 year old girls at a sleepover!
Would have to be a debadged RS6 in black.....

OMR

👏👏👏👏👏👏hail OMR hail OMR if Carlsberg done reviews😂 the one thing I will say is that Archie Hamilton is apparently a le Mann’s or touring car racer so maybe that doesn’t pay as much as I thought to fund his cars🤔

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Thats one episode im glad i missed !

Dell.

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
Shame someone doesn't wrap his face... In cellophane....

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

dbm

dbm

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
Garage View Garage

Thats one episode im glad i missed !
Dell.

Can’t have that :)

RS3 8V | RS3 8P

mrAudi

mrAudi

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationSE England
Garage View Garage

Yeah the same way you can put lipstick on a pig..........

Some one mention LIPSTICK...........

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

There was a lot of content Archie Hamilton could have done with that RS3, though I'm guessing Audi UK gave him a lot of caveats on the loan, not being able to wrap it reduced that from 10 potential videos to 2 :)

Owning an A45, he could have done quite a few comparison videos, including whether carbon discs are any good on a road hot hatch. Would have loved to see a braking comparison against the Merc.

Though he did manage to put 8,000 miles on it in three months. Seems to me like he used it for his own personal taxi and wasn't bothered really doing much promotional work with it. I'd be amazed if Audi pass onto him another car. Though maybe his demographic is the RS target audience these days?

Sad thing, as an ex racer, his track videos have been quite good, plus he has access to motoring areas that other vloggers just can't compare with, the Rimac stuff was good too. Though it seems McD's drive thru's are the high point for views these days. The world really is going to hell in a hand basket if people prefer to watch a car go through a drive thru compared to being driven on the Stelvio Pass.

Good thing about Youtube is that its easy to ignore the dross, there are also some quality ones too, MudNomad, a couple driving an Aerial Nomad across Europe has been a good watch compared to the buy it-wrap it-make it loud-sell it brigade.

Edited by kalexan, 22 November 2017 - 06:42 PM.

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
I watched a video the other day as was bored in work and it involved Mr JWW. I must admit found him to be tolerable and his video seemed to be will edited with some pretty descent content on what he was doing, some great drome footage and looked well put together. Maybe because we are similar ages I don’t know just seemed to enjoy it.

JamesCam

JamesCam

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I like MrJWW and Supercars of London, mainly because they've been quite open about what they do for a living, and how they can afford to drive the cars they do. MrJWW especially, seems to hold onto his cars longer, and produces better content without swapping cars the next week.

Seen Through Glass also falls under the tolerable list for me & TGE TV for all his flaws seems to understand the concept of finance.

Shmee, Seb Delanney, Archie Hamilton all have their heads up their ass in my opinion, and it's quite obvious that those who inherited/scrounged their money, tend to swap cars every other month because they can...rather than sticking with the same car which has been bought because of a genuine interest in it.

Edited by JamesCam, 26 November 2017 - 04:46 PM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.