Photo

Mss spring kit

27 replies to this topic

Ed_rx7

Ed_rx7

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
Just ordered mine today so will keep you posted.

The company I work for can do them at good prices so if your after a kit pm me😉

Edited by Ed_rx7, 18 November 2017 - 08:17 AM.

Savo

Savo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLondon
Which ones did you go for
Nardo grey RS3

Ed_rx7

Ed_rx7

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
The sport one... not the track one

billymc92

billymc92

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationScotland - Edinburgh
Look forward to seeing what you think about these. I’m thinking about a set of these too once the car arrives.

robokn

robokn

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSunny South Coast

These are the best out there for suspension, work a treat

18 Plate St2 TTRS, Roadster, 20" OZ Indy HLTs, Forge IC and Hard pipes, Audi Carbon Mirrors, Automotive Passion spoiler, Side skirts and front air vents.  Scorpion full system all tuned by MRC

Martyn

Martyn

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
How much is everyone paying for there kits?

Nath

Nath

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAustralia

One of the best modifications i have done on the 8V.

Night and day comparison.

If you have mag ride you NEED these springs!

(Adjustable sport kit installed 2,000km's ago) 

Daytona RS3 | RS Performance | Assistance | Black High Gloss | Panoramic Roof | Stage 3+ 
TomCat TC600 hybrid | E-Tuners Motorsport E85 ECU & TCU | Wagner Evo 3 FMIC | HG Motorsport Downpipe | Milltek Decats | HG Motorsport intake | BMC Filter | Autotech HPFP | AEM Methanol Kit | Turbosmart Em Kompact | Mishimoto Catch Can | MSS Suspension | Rays Forged ZE40's 1/4: 11.00 & 136MPH

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

I have seen before someone saying that the MSS springs transform their suspension in a 'day & night' way but my experience is far less a dramatic one. On my 8v with mag ride I thought it was no more than a mild improvement and was disappointed with the meager improvement given how much others have wafted lyrically how good they are, and how much they cost.

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Interesting comments above, as its transformed ours; fitted with H&R ARB and 20's.

www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - VW California hire

www.bmvs.co.uk

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
I’ve done a remote Mag ride calibration on a car fitted with just Eibach springs at a fraction of the cost

The owner said the car was transformed he was going to buy the MSS kit (which uses an Eibach component) but now he’s not bothering.

Nath

Nath

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I have seen before someone saying that the MSS springs transform their suspension in a 'day & night' way but my experience is far less a dramatic one. On my 8v with mag ride I thought it was no more than a mild improvement and was disappointed with the meager improvement given how much others have wafted lyrically how good they are, and how much they cost.

Have you tried them on a track / mountains / coastal route? 

Day-to-day they are just as comfortable as OEM but once you start to hit some fast sweepers or tight turns with camber you really get to appreciate them.    

Daytona RS3 | RS Performance | Assistance | Black High Gloss | Panoramic Roof | Stage 3+ 
TomCat TC600 hybrid | E-Tuners Motorsport E85 ECU & TCU | Wagner Evo 3 FMIC | HG Motorsport Downpipe | Milltek Decats | HG Motorsport intake | BMC Filter | Autotech HPFP | AEM Methanol Kit | Turbosmart Em Kompact | Mishimoto Catch Can | MSS Suspension | Rays Forged ZE40's 1/4: 11.00 & 136MPH

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

Night and day for me too. Perhaps yours are broken ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Have you tried them on a track / mountains / coastal route? 

Day-to-day they are just as comfortable as OEM but once you start to hit some fast sweepers or tight turns with camber you really get to appreciate them.    

My first drive after fitting the springs was to the west coast of Ireland - so did plenty of tight, twisty B roads, coast roads & mountain roads. I did notice improvement of the H&R arb which was fitted at same time, even to the point of getting the rear end a bit twitchy & a touch of mild oversteer almost like the old days with a well sorted rear wheel drive, manual beast.

Have got car booked in to Audi to do mag ride calibration after much explaining to them what I meant and I'm sure they have gone off to Audi night school to learn up about it. Let's see if the calibration will release the potential of the MSS springs - will report back next week once done & then tested.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

My first drive after fitting the springs was to the west coast of Ireland - so did plenty of tight, twisty B roads, coast roads & mountain roads. I did notice improvement of the H&R arb which was fitted at same time, even to the point of getting the rear end a bit twitchy & a touch of mild oversteer almost like the old days with a well sorted rear wheel drive, manual beast.

Have got car booked in to Audi to do mag ride calibration after much explaining to them what I meant and I'm sure they have gone off to Audi night school to learn up about it. Let's see if the calibration will release the potential of the MSS springs - will report back next week once done & then tested.

Mag ride calibration brings about the biggest change for most owners I’ve done it for.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Mag ride calibration brings about the biggest change for most owners I’ve done it for.

+ 1

I think the main issue, from factory is incorrect mag ride calibration. 

Nath

Nath

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAustralia

PM sent :)

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Can't see why after changing to lower springs the 1st thing to have done is a Mag Ride re-calibration as its a no brainier to get the best out of the change & re-sync the suspension to it.

Dell.  

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

PM sent :)

Replied to..

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

I've ordered a set of MSS and so will be in touch again mate. I wanted them for the height adjustability. :)

EdmundVR4

EdmundVR4

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationTrinidad & Tobago

I’ve done a remote Mag ride calibration on a car fitted with just Eibach springs at a fraction of the cost

The owner said the car was transformed he was going to buy the MSS kit (which uses an Eibach component) but now he’s not bothering.

Hi, how is the remote mag ride calibration done? I am overseas... is it possible for myself and other?

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.