• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Alex_m

Alex_m

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSweden

As you know I had a RS3 sportback 2016 and now I got the new RS3 saloon. I saved my winter original 19" rotor design wheel from the sportback and thought it would fit for sedan but they don´t... I tried to fit them today but the rotor hit the caliper... 

Saloon have ET42, Sportback have 49. Not sure why it´s different, but it´s is... 

What do you recommend? buy spacers for the easiest and cheapest solution?

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Are you saying saloon is narrower?

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Alex_m

Alex_m

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSweden

I'm not sure what it could be. I thought sportback and saloon share same parts and platform. Even the FL RS3 still have ET49...

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Sportback are ET53 (8.5J) ET49 (8J)

Saloon are ET46 (8.5J) ET42 (8J)

Etka lists both Rotors and blades in these offsets.

Edited by T-800, 23 October 2017 - 07:42 AM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

As you know I had a RS3 sportback 2016 and now I got the new RS3 saloon. I saved my winter original 19" rotor design wheel from the sportback and thought it would fit for sedan but they don´t... I tried to fit them today but the rotor hit the caliper... 

Saloon have ET42, Sportback have 49. Not sure why it´s different, but it´s is... 

What do you recommend? buy spacers for the easiest and cheapest solution?

If i remember right as it been posted before the the FL has a different hub than the pre FL so may be Audi have fitted wheels with corrected off sets to suit ?

For the definitive answer over to you Sean 😊

Dell.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Etka lists 2 different PR codes for the front discs.

One for each floorpan layout.

Alex_m

Alex_m

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSweden

I think I will buy 10mm spacers all around, then it will fit without problem... I hope  :)

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I think I will buy 10mm spacers all around, then it will fit without problem... I hope :)

Don’t forget longer bolts too...

Alex_m

Alex_m

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSweden

Don’t forget longer bolts too...

Thanks! Yes I know I must buy longer bolts too  ;)

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Thanks! Yes I know I must buy longer bolts too ;)

Sorry not that I’m telling you to suck eggs or anything

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Sorry not that I’m telling you to suck eggs or anything

Just dotting the Is & crossing the Ts  :P

Dell.

Ed_rx7

Ed_rx7

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
Anything over 8mm... I would get hub centric spacers... then you can use your original bolts

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

Anything over 8mm... I would get hub centric spacers... then you can use your original bolts

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

I think I will buy 10mm spacers all around, then it will fit without problem... I hope :)

Well, did you get the 10mm spacers interested to know how you got on. Are you original wheels 8J ET 42?

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

Alex_m

Alex_m

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSweden

Well, did you get the 10mm spacers interested to know how you got on. Are you original wheels 8J ET 42?

Yes I did fit the 10 mm spacers and it work well. As I wrote before, It´s was to my winterswheel from PFL who got 8J ET 49. And it didn´t fit the saloon which have ET 42. It hit the caliper... That´s the reason I got 10 mm spacers.

I haven´t try spacers with my original summer wheel ET42. But I think it will fit. I will try on that when the spring is coming.

Edited by Alex_m, 09 January 2018 - 10:47 AM.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Yes I did fit the 10 mm spacers and it work well. As I wrote before, It´s was to my winterswheel from PFL who got 8J ET 49. And it didn´t fit the saloon which have ET 42. It hit the caliper... That´s the reason I got 10 mm spacers.
I haven´t try spacers with my original summer wheel ET49. But I think it will fit. I will try on that when the spring is coming.

Did you ever try it with a thinner spacer? I wonder if it might have worked with a 5mm spacer.

What we need is someone in a wheel shop who can let us drive around with loads of different combos.

Alex_m

Alex_m

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSweden

haven´t try spacers with my original summer wheel ET49. But I think it will fit. I will try on that when the spring is coming.

Sorry, I wrote wrong ET, of course it´s ET42 for Saloon model. 

Did you ever try it with a thinner spacer? I wonder if it might have worked with a 5mm spacer.

What we need is someone in a wheel shop who can let us drive around with loads of different combos.

I haven´t tried with 5 mm spacers. I think 10 mm spacers it´s good for the visual look, it's much nicer when the wheels come closer to the wheel archer. 

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

Sorry, I wrote wrong ET, of course it´s ET42 for Saloon model.

I haven´t tried with 5 mm spacers. I think 10 mm spacers it´s good for the visual look, it's much nicer when the wheels come closer to the wheel archer.

Ok, so as I understand correctly, you put 10mm spacers on to your std sedan wheel which has ET 42, this would effectively change the wheel ET to 37. Am I right in this calculation?

Alex_m

Alex_m

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSweden

Ok, so as I understand correctly, you put 10mm spacers on to your std sedan wheel which has ET 42, this would effectively change the wheel ET to 37. Am I right in this calculation?

hehe sorry for confusion.

What I mean is that my saloon that came with summer wheels has ET 42.

But now I have my winter wheels on the car, from my "old" PFL RS3 rotor design ET49, but the ET49 does not work on the Saloon so I've installed spacers 10mm. which becomes ET39. Now it doesn´t hit the caliper  ;)

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

hehe sorry for confusion.
What I mean is that my saloon that came with summer wheels has ET 42.

But now I have my winter wheels on the car, from my "old" PFL RS3 rotor design ET49, but the ET49 does not work on the Saloon so I've installed spacers 10mm. which becomes ET39. Now it doesn´t hit the caliper ;)

Ok, got it!!
And I just got this from Hartmann by email...
The lower the offset number is the further outwards the wheel will sit. As compared to an 8.0" ET42 wheel an 8.5" ET38 wheel would move the face of the wheel outwards by 10mm (4mm for the offset and 6 for the width difference). We recommend a 235 or 245 width tire

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.