Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen
Does the tte500 make a big difference?

I'm currently Mrc stage2+ 451ps/768nm.
I'm either selling it or going down the tte500 route but need to know if the extra cash spent on a turbo is justified.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
You currently have very fast low end power, tte500 is high end power which isn’t really achievable on UK roads.

Stage 2 is a good route. Remember from stage 2 to 3 cost wise your looking at probably between £3k- £5k for turbo, install and retune for another 50-70ps

Edited by JayRS3, 21 October 2017 - 03:29 PM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

I'm either selling it or going down the tte500 route but need to know if the extra cash spent on a turbo is justified.

Much more above 3/4k  :) but will lose Ps/Nm below  :( speak to Jay as his running a tte500  :)

Dell.

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen
Need a blast in a tte500 to compare it against mine & take it from there.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
If I was in your position...
I wouldn’t bother as in terms of gains for your money it’s not really worth it. Especially as it’s a complete new retune so that in itself is going to be approx £1k, then the fitment. If you went from a stage 1 or standard to tte then I’d say yes as you won’t be having to pay for labour again that you’ve already paid for the stage 2 hardware. It all adds up.

I do love the tte and the way it sounds and reacts when the pedal is pushed and I’m glad I went down this route. But from stage 2 to 3 I don’t know.

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen
Yeah I know what your saying about costs etc just need a run in one to decide for myself.

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Jay will rent you his car by the hour !

Bit slow on that one Jay lad  :o

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

If you decide to sell yours (http://www.audirs3oc...-selling-price/) But still want an RS3 with even more power my Big Turbo Car (purchased from R7jay in January) could be for sale next year Running about 650bhp at the moment and would be looking for around £32K If I do decide to sell 

alvareitor0102

alvareitor0102

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

451 & nearly 800 nm with stock turbo?! I think it´s really optimistic. I really doubt that the original turbo can give more than 430 "real" hp and around 700 nm as much. So that you really will notice the jump to the TTE500 wich can give you 500 "real" hp. It´s a big jump.

RS3 8P APR Stg2, Ex Mini R56 JCW Stg2+, GTI Mk5 K04 DSG, Audi RS6 Avant, M3 E46 SMG 4.1, Saxo vts 16v, Clio V6 Mk1.....

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen
I can only go with the dyno print out.

Attached Files

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

451 & nearly 800 nm with stock turbo?! I think it´s really optimistic. I really doubt that the original turbo can give more than 430 "real" hp and around 700 nm as much. So that you really will notice the jump to the TTE500 wich can give you 500 "real" hp. It´s a big jump.

Here's Another One  :P

derek mr RS3 stage2plus0001.jpg

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 22 October 2017 - 12:04 AM.

135i king

135i king

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

If you decide to sell yours (http://www.audirs3oc...-selling-price/) But still want an RS3 with even more power my Big Turbo Car (purchased from R7jay in January) could be for sale next year Running about 650bhp at the moment and would be looking for around £32K If I do decide to sell

I may be interested in this. In a similar situation to Pil5 - mine has 39k miles and only stage 1 though. Still has all the right spec & a very tidy car

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

I may be interested in this. In a similar situation to Pil5 - mine has 39k miles and only stage 1 though. Still has all the right spec & a very tidy car

I've dropped you a PM 

JRS3

JRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationNewcastle upon Tyne

Just do the engine/turbo swap with me then sell your car and make some extra cash??

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Just do the engine/turbo swap with me then sell your car and make some extra cash??

I'd be tempted to swap complete Cars and £10K no big labour bills no hassle and there's probably over £5K's worth of handling mods on my Car that are less than 12 Months old as well.

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

You currently have very fast low end power, tte500 is high end power which isn’t really achievable on UK roads.

Stage 2 is a good route. Remember from stage 2 to 3 cost wise your looking at probably between £3k- £5k for turbo, install and retune for another 50-70ps

Just been speaking to Mrc about this, quoted £4800 to go TTE500 & they said running the figures I'm at just now it wouldn't be worth the money & I probably wouldn't notice much difference.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Just been speaking to Mrc about this, quoted £4800 to go TTE500 & they said running the figures I'm at just now it wouldn't be worth the money & I probably wouldn't notice much difference.

I agree as I mentioned on my previous post. Cost wise it doesn’t make sense.

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen
Looks like I'll not be joining the 500bhp club 😠

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
GTX35 kit? 600+ club, now that’s got to worth while

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

GTX35 kit? 600+ club, now that’s got to worth while

Would need to start forging for that.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.