5 replies to this topic

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=R1g07RpTPFE

I know it’s not RS3 related but very impressive nonetheless. Watched a documentary on this guy once incredibly engineering mind well worth a watch if this thing floats your boat of course.

Audi Addict

Audi Addict

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
I watched Another version via Apple TV and I also found this guy fascinating. Their origins and engineering knowledge somewhat inspires to want to own one except for the price! Even Ferrari is cautious!
Saving for an RS6😎

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
I could agree more mate I mentioned to someone on another building thread on here that I’m drawn in by the way people go all out to describe what they are doing with such passion that I become hooked even if I have to google some of the jargon used😂 I find the guy completely fascinating to take a risk like that and build cars like he does in that workshop where space seems tight is pretty impressive, now I need to win the euros millions to ever have a chance to own one 🤞

Audi Addict

Audi Addict

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
Oh yes
Saving for an RS6😎

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

What is more impressive is that the latest Koenigsegg is even faster. But it has only ONE gear.

It uses a combination of two giant electric motors driving the rear wheels along with a very fancy torque converter that doubles the torque from the petrol engine. The electric motors take it to 40 mph then the proper engine kicks in at what is the equivalent of 7th gear. Very clever .

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

What is more impressive is that the latest Koenigsegg is even faster. But it has only ONE gear.
It uses a combination of two giant electric motors driving the rear wheels along with a very fancy torque converter that doubles the torque from the petrol engine. The electric motors take it to 40 mph then the proper engine kicks in at what is the equivalent of 7th gear. Very clever .

It didn’t know that, like they say every days a school day😂. The guy is kinda way ahead of his time on the hyper car front, but like Elon musk of Tesla and his thoughts on other means of travel.

Edited by Danw, 06 October 2017 - 08:18 PM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.