• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

weardalered

weardalered

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

https://www.blackbox...-thinkware-f800

sounds like the f800 is missing cloud feature and is not as discreet as f770....

the image quality is better but i assure you the f770 is HD incredible....depends on price difference but hope that helps

This the spec for the F800 Pro 2, a tad pricey.

https://www.racshop....-plug-play.html

weardalered

weardalered

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Give me a clue!

Have bought myself a dash cam with front/rear cameras.

Before I remove anything:

1. does all the trim on the tailgate need to be removed or just the top area?

2. which side are the cables fed through for lights etc.

3. any other tips would be good

TIA

Edited by weardalered, 16 September 2017 - 01:29 PM.

The_Bear

The_Bear

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Give me a clue!

Have bought myself a dash cam with front/rear cameras.

Before I remove anything:

1. does all the trim on the tailgate need to be removed or just the top area?

2. which side are the cables fed through for lights etc.

3. any other tips would be good

TIA

I am assuming you have a 8p? If so this could help you answer your questions:

1. The answer to this is yes all the trim on the tailgate needs to be removed as you cant just remove the top section.

2. The rubber tube with the wires in connecting the back of the car to the tailgate, is on both the left and right sides of the car, I used the left as this seamed to have more space.
3. Lots of dry lube (PTFE Spray) and nimble fingers!! and I highly recommend getting yourself a device called a cable tongue to feed the wires through the roof liner as this took about a minute with this tool and was super easy!! 

weardalered

weardalered

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

I am assuming you have a 8p? If so this could help you answer your questions:

1. The answer to this is yes all the trim on the tailgate needs to be removed as you cant just remove the top section.

2. The rubber tube with the wires in connecting the back of the car to the tailgate, is on both the left and right sides of the car, I used the left as this seamed to have more space.
3. Lots of dry lube (PTFE Spray) and nimble fingers!! and I highly recommend getting yourself a device called a cable tongue to feed the wires through the roof liner as this took about a minute with this tool and was super easy!! 

Thanks for the info.

In the end, for the time being, I decided not to go into the tail gate and fed the cable along the rear roof trim.

This allowed me to stick the rear camera to the underside of the trim.

This allows the tailgate to be opened and still have the camera facing out of the back of the car. (need to lower the shelf)

Will post a pic to show what I mean.

Decided to buy the Thinkware F800 Pro.

Very clear and hardly noticeable, especially from the rear.

Thanks

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Has anyone seen the latest deals being offered buy Audi on front & rear fitting cameras and any spec? I’ve had an email saying there is an offer but it doesn’t say specs & features.
The only thing that puts me off getting cameras is wiring and if they can be seized as evidence if I had a crash and was accused of driving fast. I don’t intend to but who can access the info and if on a cloud could someone access it upon request?

Does anyone use camera footage for YouTube videos or is the quality too low? I am guessing they don’t record sound either?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Has anyone seen the latest deals being offered buy Audi on front & rear fitting cameras and any spec? I’ve had an email saying there is an offer but it doesn’t say specs & features.
The only thing that puts me off getting cameras is wiring and if they can be seized as evidence if I had a crash and was accused of driving fast. I don’t intend to but who can access the info and if on a cloud could someone access it upon request?

Does anyone use camera footage for YouTube videos or is the quality too low? I am guessing they don’t record sound either?

Thinkware F800pro is superb

Front image
09e86d6e40a462c9bb5a20d161026ace.jpg

Rear image
babff1ac291aaae185fccb27ee8de3e1.jpg

Edited by T-800, 06 June 2018 - 11:16 AM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

I'm using an Blackvue dr590 which is an entry level dash cam which uses a memory card running in 3 minute intervals at HD1080 quality.

If i had a no fault off my own accident I could forward that segment off my journey without worrying about any other bits good or bad.😁

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 06 June 2018 - 01:07 PM.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

I too will sing praise for the F800 pro, very clear pictures night & day 

Don't bother with the F770  as it has a darlicky sounding spoken voice - i know a few people who brought the F770 & got really fed up with the voice on it they have now turned all the alerts off.

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I too will sing praise for the F800 pro, very clear pictures night & day
Don't bother with the F770 as it has a darlicky sounding spoken voice - i know a few people who brought the F770 & got really fed up with the voice on it they have now turned all the alerts off.

Another draw back with F770 the amount of times it demands a memory card format 🤣

Thankfully the F800pro doesn’t require it any more, I upgraded to a 128GB PNY Micro SD jobbie and formatted once before I put it in.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Another draw back with F770 the amount of times it demands a memory card format

Thankfully the F800pro doesn’t require it any more, I upgraded to a 128GB PNY Micro SD jobbie and formatted once before I put it in.

Aww i'm still using the standard 32GB although I keep meaning to upgrade it. My old F750 that was in my 8V I had re-fitted into the Mrs 8p that has a 64G Samsung Micro SD card but that card wouldn't work in the F800 pro I did read somewhere that the F800 pro is a bit fussy with the type of Micro SD card used in it?

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Aww i'm still using the standard 32GB although I keep meaning to upgrade it. My old F750 that was in my 8V I had re-fitted into the Mrs 8p that has a 64G Samsung Micro SD card but that card wouldn't work in the F800 pro I did read somewhere that the F800 pro is a bit fussy with the type of Micro SD card used in it?

Thinkware told me over the phone to avoid Samsung and SanDisk memory cards.

I’ve got a 64 GB PNY in the F770 and had no issues at all

Edited by T-800, 06 June 2018 - 07:47 PM.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Thanks for the replies guys.

So Blackvue or Thinkware seem to be the only options then. I did get a reply from Audi but it does give much on actual camera spec.

Nath

Nath

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I'm late to the party, but I've been running Blackvue for 5+ years..

I recently upgraded from Blackvue DR650 dual setup to DR750S (dual 1080p) - good thing is all accessories are the same, so plug and play with old power cables etc! 

Daytona RS3 | RS Performance | Assistance | Black High Gloss | Panoramic Roof | Stage 3+ 
TomCat TC600 hybrid | E-Tuners Motorsport E85 ECU & TCU | Wagner Evo 3 FMIC | HG Motorsport Downpipe | Milltek Decats | HG Motorsport intake | BMC Filter | Autotech HPFP | AEM Methanol Kit | Turbosmart Em Kompact | Mishimoto Catch Can | MSS Suspension | Rays Forged ZE40's 1/4: 11.00 & 136MPH

bunnygirl

bunnygirl

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationWales

Hindsight is a wonderful thing! ;)

I've had two incidents in the past two months and neither was my fault and they're being processed as knock for knock. Argh! I wish I had a dash cam - so now I'm buying one!

Do all versions have an iPhone app that you can use to view the footage. If someone is outside the car at night, it would be great if there was an alert on my phone to let me know and see who was around my car.

Dooahhdoo

Dooahhdoo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

I have a Blackvue DR650s. I am sure it can do live view as long as your phone is connected and in range of its own wireless signal but it wont alert if someone walks past your car. You might be better getting a CCTV system to be honest. I had some ****** scratch a big circle on another car of mine so went down this route. Paid £79 for the Annke 2 channel system from Amazon, popped in a hard drive and I now have coverage of the whole front of the house including close ups from the Dash cam.

The Blackvue series have a button on them if you press it in for ten seconds it formats the card in case you get into a situation that requires it.

Edited by Dooahhdoo, 27 October 2018 - 03:35 PM.

bunnygirl

bunnygirl

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationWales

Thanks, I'll have a look at the DRs. It looks like the Blackvue is the one to go for! x

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Thanks, I'll have a look at the DRs. It looks like the Blackvue is the one to go for! x

Have a look at the Blackvue dr590w with a rear camera & Blackvue Cloud for about £290 all in.

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 29 October 2018 - 07:16 PM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.