47 replies to this topic

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage
Now the books have been open a few weeks who's placed an order and what have you ordered?

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

That will be noone then

Unless people are keeping mum about it !

Alex_m

Alex_m

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSweden

Has already posted it in another thread.  ;)

But can repeat again:

* Ara Blue
* Matt aluminum package
* Virtual cockpit package (MMI, Smartphone, Adaptive Cruise Control)
* Comfort package ( Inner and out mirror electr. heated fold. auto dim. kerb-side function etc. Lumbar support.
* Magnetic Ride
* RS Sport exhaust
* Panoramic roof
* Inlays Aluminum race design light
* S-sport seat (black-rock gray)
* Mono pur - extend leather
* Blade design 19 "titanium. 235.
* B&O
* Rear camera

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Anyone in the UK I  think it was aimed at Alex...  :)

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Is the saloon narrower than sportback? Pics below taken at Goodwood where they had one of each.

TX. Attached File  IMG_20170630_1648417.jpg   68.56K   3 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20170630_1648263.jpg   86.15K   3 downloads

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

we have ordered 2! 

RS3 Hatch In Ara blue the other a saloon in  Nardo Grey Both the exact same spec

Gloss Black Styling Pack
RS Design Pack
Comfort Package
19x8.5j Rotor Black
Matrix LED Headlights
Black Exterior Mirror Housing
Door Mirrors Dim/elec/fold/heat
Panoramic Sunroof
Advanced Key
Privacy Glass
RS Sports Exhaust
Front Super Sports Seats Black with Black Rooflining
Fine App Leather Diamond Stitching.
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Red Brake Callipers
Audi Magnetic Ride
Reverse Camera
Hold Assist
5 Year Warranty

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

we have ordered 2! 

RS3 Hatch In Ara blue the other a saloon in  Nardo Grey Both the exact same spec

Gloss Black Styling Pack
RS Design Pack
Comfort Package
19x8.5j Rotor Black
Matrix LED Headlights
Black Exterior Mirror Housing
Door Mirrors Dim/elec/fold/heat
Panoramic Sunroof
Advanced Key
Privacy Glass
RS Sports Exhaust
Front Super Sports Seats Black with Black Rooflining
Fine App Leather Diamond Stitching.
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Red Brake Callipers
Audi Magnetic Ride
Reverse Camera
Hold Assist
5 Year Warranty

You change your cars more than i change socks  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

You change your cars more than i change socks  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

:D  the GTD is staying tho , megga cheap to run and i quite like it. the RS3's have been ordered to sell....

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Have been ready to order for a couple of weeks now after toying with several options, settled on Ara blue with matt alumin styling, roof rails, privacy glass, rear view camera, mag ride, matrix lights, folding mirrors, 8J wheels all round, sport seats with electric adjustment, phone box & extended upholstery. Not sure about the wheels as in 8J size only 2 options (neither which I like), new type 5 spoke or original 5 blade in chrome only - no option fot titanium finish! On the 8v the standard exhaust is loud enough for me & has plenty of blips, crackles & pops which I love, but I hear the standard exhaust on the FL is muted so might have to add the sports exhaust! It would be nice to be able to do a test drive but not aware of any dealer within 50-75 miles of me who has one.

So with the sport exhaust to add to the above the cost is about 53k & Audi dealer offered 33k for my 8v with 6k miles on clock (he's allowed some depreciation based on trade done March 2018) - so it's going to cost me some 20k plus for virtual display, lighter engine (should reduce understeer), roof rails and marginal additional power & plus the cost of some different wheels to source - is it worth it?

Well now that the initial excitement of preparing the order has worn off & some common sense has crept in, I'm not so sure. Would I be better off by upgrading the 8v by completing the brakes modification, add some MSS springs, add better rear anti roll bar, minor engine remap etc? All of which would be considerably cheaper than 20k and I would end up with a better performing car like what Audi should have made. Other car options with comparable performance & luggage space for the price just doesn't exist for me. So I'm still pondering but a recent turbo lag occuring on the 8v may persuade me to give up the 8v before this worsens & some of the problems reported on this site start to hit me.

Rs nut

Rs nut

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Have been ready to order for a couple of weeks now after toying with several options, settled on Ara blue with matt alumin styling, roof rails, privacy glass, rear view camera, mag ride, matrix lights, folding mirrors, 8J wheels all round, sport seats with electric adjustment, phone box & extended upholstery. Not sure about the wheels as in 8J size only 2 options (neither which I like), new type 5 spoke or original 5 blade in chrome only - no option fot titanium finish! On the 8v the standard exhaust is loud enough for me & has plenty of blips, crackles & pops which I love, but I hear the standard exhaust on the FL is muted so might have to add the sports exhaust! It would be nice to be able to do a test drive but not aware of any dealer within 50-75 miles of me who has one.

So with the sport exhaust to add to the above the cost is about 53k & Audi dealer offered 33k for my 8v with 6k miles on clock (he's allowed some depreciation based on trade done March 2018) - so it's going to cost me some 20k plus for virtual display, lighter engine (should reduce understeer), roof rails and marginal additional power & plus the cost of some different wheels to source - is it worth it?

Well now that the initial excitement of preparing the order has worn off & some common sense has crept in, I'm not so sure. Would I be better off by upgrading the 8v by completing the brakes modification, add some MSS springs, add better rear anti roll bar, minor engine remap etc? All of which would be considerably cheaper than 20k and I would end up with a better performing car like what Audi should have made. Other car options with comparable performance & luggage space for the price just doesn't exist for me. So I'm still pondering but a recent turbo lag occuring on the 8v may persuade me to give up the 8v before this worsens & some of the problems reported on this site start to hit me.

Seems a bit low what dealer offered I was offered 31k with 40k miles 65 plate !!!

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

Having ticked a few options off my list the facelift in sportback form is now in my sights

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

mrAudi

mrAudi

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationSE England
Garage View Garage

They want 57.4K the way I want it.......better things to spend that sort of dollar on 

D19NL B

D19NL B

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
Interestingly I am going to be retro fitting VC, TTRS steering wheel & dynamic lights to my car which will be considerably cheaper than upgrading to the FL. And it'll have a better steering wheel lol.

I just remembered that i'm absent minded, wait, i mean i lost my mind i can't find it.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Can the TTRS steering wheel be used with a normal key, or does the button start required the Advanced key from factory?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Can the TTRS steering wheel be used with a normal key, or does the button start required the Advanced key from factory?

The TTRS wheel start button takes over the function of the cars original button once wired in..........

With keyless fitted its easier because the car and key fob are communicating with each other as soon as the handle is touched.....

With the key in the barrel type there would be a lot more work involved to make that start button take over the function, it could be configured to work when the key is in the ignition, but you'd still have to turn the key to have the start button work......which defeats the object.

You could have Kessy retro fitted but it wouldn't be cheap and a fairly involved install plus the relevant component protection / integration with the cars systems.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
I thought as much. Sack that then lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

Interestingly I am going to be retro fitting VC, TTRS steering wheel & dynamic lights to my car which will be considerably cheaper than upgrading to the FL. And it'll have a better steering wheel lol.

You must be very rich!!

TX.

Nardo RS4

D19NL B

D19NL B

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

You must be very rich!!

TX.

Not as rich as those getting the FL!

I just remembered that i'm absent minded, wait, i mean i lost my mind i can't find it.

Buchrs3

Buchrs3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Jus put my order through nardo grey saloon with black pack and every option ticked..... (not ceramic brakes)

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

Jus put my order through nardo grey saloon with black pack and every option ticked..... (not ceramic brakes)

Congrats, what delivery date did they give you?

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.