48 replies to this topic

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Hope I will see mine in the flesh soon!!!!

The wife or the car????

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

The wife or the car????

LOL, the car 😀

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

MrNoisy

MrNoisy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Am I missing something here.Dynamic suspension on mine is the usual very stiff but in comfort or auto there is hardly any difference. Passengers always ask me to soften it off but it already is.Definitely stiffer in any mode compared to my 8P.

Old thread but - stiffer than an 8P!? The RS3 8P was horrifically stiff and crashy on B roads. The 8V in dynamic is nearly as bad but even then the 8P suspension for me ruined what could have been a far better car.

MrNoisy

MrNoisy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

if your after comfort dont buy a RS3!! Simple, i would spend that money on other mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The RS3 magride with comfort isn’t bad at all. If you want firm try an FK2 civic type R or 8P RS3!

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

I drive mine in Dynamic all the time and don't find it bad at all. My previous car had a track set up which was solid and my FL feels like a limo in comparison. Amazing what you get used to.

garethdj73

garethdj73

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
It wasn't a must for me but have to say I'm pleased I managed to get a car with it specd. I drive individual, everything in dynamic but suspension in comfort.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
I had it on my RS3 and thought it worked well albeit the firm setting was very firm! On my RS4 I didn't have it and tbf the standard ride was great.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Edited by terminator x, 18 February 2021 - 09:31 PM.

Nardo RS4

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

I have it on mine - don't know why as I always drive it in Dynamic. When I do flip it over (to individual which has everything in comfort apart from exhaust) I am not sure there is much difference tbh.  Either way a minor road defect feels like you have just crashed the car.

flybynite

flybynite

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Well mine has mag ride, it was how it came but one of the things I wanted on it because it is easier to take off than retrofit. I have done a few miles in it but nothing like as many as I would have liked by now (for obvious reasons) so have not got to grips with how it feels.

Isn't it that mag ride is meant to work like the VW DCC? in as much as it acts as it acts as an instantaneous anti roll, pitch and dive function to keep the car level?

I thought each corner was meant to react on the fly to save the need for lots of ironwork when you did not need it.

Bit like the B7 RS4 DRC but hopefully a bit more reliable and 10 years advance in effectiveness

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.