• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Shmee's 2nd part of the RS5 review, I still wonder were the RS brand is heading with these latest models.

Edited by kalexan, 01 July 2017 - 01:22 PM.

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

I went across to Blackburn Audi yesterday to have a look at one of the first dealer cars to a drive in the UK.

I was totally expecting to be really underwhelmed as i've not really been blown away by the press images so far.  What can i say though other than in a total U-turn i was blown away.

It looks sleek but aggressive,  the exterior carbon...wow!  oodles of it along with some serious looking vents front and back. 

The interior again with the carbon pack felt a class above BMW and the plastic Merc, feels very updated and the controls are very well placed for your left hand to adjust the radio, nav etc etc.  That new dash Audi have fitted into the newer models is just fantastic!  Great driving position and the sports seats felt a great balance of comfy yet firm. 

The 20' wheels look better in the flesh especially when sat over the ceramics! 

This car was Daytona which is a colour i'd never have clicked on the config however it looked really classy, those with a daytona car will know how well it glosses up too.

At 90k with all it's 29k worth of options, carbon exterior, interior, ceramics, heads up etc I found it would be a big pill to swallow so i'd really have to reign in the options.  I'd possibly look at the Porsche/R8 route for that sort of money!

Went across to see the RS6 performance too as it's a contender for my RS4 replacement around September. However while it was sat next to the RS5 in the showroom and it really looked dated in comparison, smooth fat lines and the with the interior identical to my RS4 i'd feel like i hadn't changed cars when sat in it (drive aside).  Obviously the newer models have that effect but i was surprised by how much. 

Looking forward to have a drive being very aware the noise wont match the RS4, RS6,7 R8 but thats the way cars are going currently..... I'd be interested to see how it sounds with a decaf/Milltek sports exhaust on it tho! 

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Just been to drop me car off at Audi

the lady who I deal with has just come come back from driving the new RS5 in Germany she says its the best car she has ever driven ,,,,,

She also told me that over there they are getting some suede bits and bobs on the interior that will not be available in the UK ?

Must be a Brexit thing !

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Noise won't even match the RS3 imho but of course noise isn't everything. The one at Goodwood looked amazing to me although at 90 grand you'd need to really love it!

TX. Attached File  IMG_20170630_1655131.jpg   101.78K   7 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20170630_1655245.jpg   93.91K   7 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20170630_1655333.jpg   75.78K   7 downloads

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage
90k is fully loaded though, I've specced one to £73k which included interior and exterior carbon. I left off the Ceramics as for the cost vs what I'll use on a track it's simply not worth it.

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

The 20 inch rims on the RS5 are machined, not cast for weight savings, is that the same process being used for the new style revised wheels on the RS3?

Edited by kalexan, 17 July 2017 - 10:16 PM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.