22 replies to this topic

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Does anybody know why the fuel filter is not on the service schedule, mines just been in for a full 45k service and they wrote it down as an advisory for the next time I go in?

As Sean said ^^^^^^^^^^ Audi don't see the need as the fuel tank is plastic unlike say a MK1 Golf which had a metal tank & the fuel filter was changed every 10k or annually.

I've been changing mine when i do a plug change so i keep track off it 😁 ive also just bought a tool to push the release tabs so i can avoid being covered in petrol while laying underneath. 😫

Dell.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Audi service schedules I’m afraid.

They will have come up with a figure, multiplied it by 5.89 divided it by 4 and added 17 for good measure.

If your concerned I’d get it done by an indie or yourself ( pretty straightforward ) just don’t be puffing on cig while doing it.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

As Sean said ^^^^^^^^^^ Audi don't see the need as the fuel tank is plastic unlike say a MK1 Golf which had a metal tank & the fuel filter was changed every 10k or annually.

I've been changing mine when i do a plug change so i keep track off it 😁 ive also just bought a tool to push the release tabs so i can avoid being covered in petrol while laying underneath. 😫

Dell.

I haven’t done the filter on the RS but I remember when I changed it on the 2.0 TFSI A3 Sportback I had previously around a similar mileage (72K miles) and it was fairly blocked. You could hear the fuel struggling to pass through the filter and an ominous squealing sound from the filter with the pump off as the pressure tried to equalise 😩
Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
Β© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.