https://www.topspeed...t-ar170225.html

Saving for an RS6😎

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Lovely car, lovely colour, probably not a lovely price?

One thing though, this video is far too professional for a blogger, I'm guessing either Audi helped with providing extra footage for the shoot (like Rolls Royce did) of Mr JWW has somehow got a full crew to help with his blogging these days.

Would love one of these, in a few years time, used, hopefully not abused.

dbm

dbm

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRed Rose County
Garage View Garage
Some is stock footage, I think. Check out halfway through for the green car:

RS3 8V | RS3 8P

dbm

dbm

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
Garage View Garage
And the original source:
https://www.audi-med...noma-green-3894

RS3 8V | RS3 8P

Oldmanracing

Oldmanracing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
I do very much like the new RS4, albeit without a raging V8, as a car that does it all, this and the 3 tick all the boxes.

Also watched (begrudgingly I may add) the YouTube review of the RS4 by that mega t w a t Shmee....
Both of these wanna be so called car 'reviewers' get a lot wrong in their videos, and the smugness and stupid statements make me cringe and get a little heated under ones collar.......
I hope 'The never not smiling like a giddy teenage girl' Smhee NEVER gets one - that would put me off immediately , their knowledge is so poor, they both contradict themselves over and over again, and are more interested in Spec-ing colours, and as much carbon as they can get, it's all about the look so it seems not about the actual car or driving pleasure, and dynamic ness of an RS model.

And oddly, they both compare it to the RS6 and not one mention of the 3!
And .... I think my PFL sounds better that the new RS4 in any mode and just as quick in real life.....
Fools.....

I guess Audi (and everyone else) see a marketing opportunity and lots of free advertising as us car loving chaps will always want to see the new and latest models......if only these youtubers were not so dull, predictable and sucking up to them for more freebies and trips to southern Spain....that spoils it for me.

I'll go and see for myself when it hits the showrooms..... fek these twats, my opinion is all that matters to me and would never take any recommendations or advice form them....

Rant over.....

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
😂😂you want to see there own car collection mate, pretty impressive.

dbm

dbm

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
Garage View Garage
There is definitely a trend of pushing the new Audis to YouTubers first. Maybe because the journos all just obsess about power sliding cars and that isn’t really an Audi thing.

RS3 8V | RS3 8P

Oldmanracing

Oldmanracing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

you want to see there own car collection mate, pretty impressive.

Yup, seen them and lots more it's hard to keep up and frankly not really bothered, all these fantastic cars are wasted on these tools, they are not like us normal folks, even if I had the money would hate to be viewed and categorised with JWW and Smheeeeeeee and all the rest of them, .....and my car collection would be far better than theirs IMHO!

JamesCam

JamesCam

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Yup, seen them and lots more it's hard to keep up and frankly not really bothered, all these fantastic cars are wasted on these tools, they are not like us normal folks, even if I had the money would hate to be viewed and categorised with JWW and Smheeeeeeee and all the rest of them, .....and my car collection would be far better than theirs IMHO!

Fair point..

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Apparently Archie Hamilton the k.. of clickbait might be getting one too (saw the, thumbnail not the video).

It is now off my list of potential replacements for the RS3 in a year or two... so an RS6 performance, with a nice shouty exhaust is back on it then :)

Got blitzed by a Riviera Blue one on the way back from work this week, it sounded apocalyptic

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Fair point..

Well made

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

Rumour is that future EU noise regs are forcing manufacturers to silence the cars with Audi getting there already eg before they really need to. Shame as RS cars should be "furious" on the move rather than whimpering along.

TX.

Nardo RS4

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Rumour is that future EU noise regs are forcing manufacturers to silence the cars with Audi getting there already eg before they really need to. Shame as RS cars should be "furious" on the move rather than whimpering along.

TX.

Regs are sometimes usually put in place to protect smaller businesses. I'd have said any reg changes are more to do with the manufacturers taking business away from the motor-sport parts manufacturers. Remember the problems Microsoft had putting upgrades onto Windows, like the Media Player and putting second sellers out of business, it was seen as anti-competition and they were fined for doing it in the end. You could make the same comparison with a volume car seller adding additional components to their cars which traditionally are sold by the likes of Miltek, ultimately it stifles the market. I think the sound element is BS.

So if the new regulation means that they can't put them on new cars, it would explain the tie into Akrapovic by Audi Sport, might also explain why the RS6 exhaust is the only one on the market to buy at the moment, via the dealer and not factory fit. Thing is, Audi could provide it at sale, what is the difference... it means the buyer has to get the standard exhaust from the manufacturer and then pay a second time for the upgraded exhaust, its a double win for Audi, not the customer in any way, shape or form. That makes it a stupid EU law in that sense, it supports business, not the consumer.

To be honest, I still find it odd that almost one year on Audi haven't released the Akrapovic TTRS exhaust. 

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.