That is utterly horrific. Poor bloke.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Condolences to the family. Disgusting this can happen in this day and age. 

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

RS3rick

RS3rick

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
Absolute scum bags. Shame they didn't wrap his car around a tree and were crippled for life. Hope they catch them. Only about 7 miles away from me.

RIP

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

I hope it`s the same scroats that tried to steal mine.The police won`t let up now till they find them. 

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
Truly shocking news that. Actually killed someone for a car, then dump it.

Terrible for the family concerned...

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Something needs doing about this sort of crime, it's happening more and more but the police never seem to make progress with it.

People who I know local to me who've experienced this say the police seem to be very reluctant to actually come out to these instances.

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
And I guess the criminal fraternity know this. It's just an open market for them...

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
They need to set up 'sting' operations to catch these scumbags.

dbm

dbm

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRed Rose County
Garage View Garage
Someone is in custody this morning according to the news.

The only deterrent is fear of being caught, in my opinion, so something needs to be done to target these kinds of crime. They just become more and more bold, until some decent and hardworking citizen ends up paying the ultimate price as we've seen.

RS3 8V | RS3 8P

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

May they slowly rot !

God bless the family of the poor innocent man 

MikeFish

MikeFish

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

They only arrested one man though. They need to follow this up and nick the whole gang all the way to the top. I don't know why there seems to be such a eluctance to stamp this sort of crime out. Breaking in to a home while a family is sleeping inside is a terrible crime and one that was bound to end in a death sooner or later as there is nothing worse than not feeling safe in your own home.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Whoever has been arrested has been released on Bail.

dbm

dbm

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
Garage View Garage
...enquiries ongoing for more men...

RS3 8V | RS3 8P

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
A 15 year boy arrested now over this......

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
An arrest for murder has now been made......

Man charged after ex-Royal Navy officer Mike Samwell run over with own car
http://news.sky.com/...wn-car-10855008

dbm

dbm

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
Garage View Garage
Main suspect in the dock and remanded before full trial. Shows they can find these people quickly when they want to.

Makes you wonder if this was a lead-based arrest, implying that they only caught them because their family / friends / associates disapprove of killing vs stealing, or if they identified the suspects through throwing more police assets at the situation, implying more could be done with more funding.

I think we are at an interesting stage in society. Most things that people want have come down in price dramatically in real terms (TVs, computers, smart phones) and whilst cars are better value than ever before they are still expensive enough to be worth stealing. When was the last time you heard about someone's TV getting stolen?

The last big crime trend (to my mind) was smartphones, and they pretty much stopped that by building locks into the different phone OSs so that you couldn't just reinstall the software unless the previous owner first unlocked the device. Phone theft diminished radically after that.

If Apple do ever make a car, it will be very interesting to see if they implement any deep security.

Edited by dbm, 30 April 2017 - 08:48 AM.

RS3 8V | RS3 8P

SW43

SW43

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
You'd like to think that fingerprint technology could be of use not too far down the line.

dbm

dbm

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
Garage View Garage
Indeed. You get horror stories of cutting off fingers or people being abducted, of course. I think that is one of the blockers - I hope few people would commit bodily mutilation for a phone, but I fear more would do it for a valuable car.

RS3 8V | RS3 8P

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Indeed. You get horror stories of cutting off fingers or people being abducted, of course. I think that is one of the blockers - I hope few people would commit bodily mutilation for a phone, but I fear more would do it for a valuable car.

Yeah Retina scan springs to mind....

But then so does the scene from Demolition Man where Simon Phoenix whips out the guys eye with a pen

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.