Photo

Always wondered what happened to this car... confused?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

So I'm confused, why, or rather how, did these gangster types (sorry for stereotyping) get hold of the RS3 Saloon prototype, and have Audi registered this car for the road, sold it on, or is it some strange sort of promo for the upcoming saloon. I don't speak German, so I can't say what this is about. Though one thing.... that/this car was/is epic and reminds me of what this car could have/should have been.

Just a bit amazed its not in a lockup with all the other Audi show prototypes they never put on the road... just realised... this car is a custom build, maybe an S3, not the original prototype? Makes it that much more epic if that's the case...

Edited by kalexan, 18 April 2017 - 10:26 PM.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Must have cost mind boggling sums of money to convert a S3. Looks amazing though.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Must have cost mind boggling sums of money to convert a S3. Looks amazing though.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Had a look at the prototype again, its flipping close, even all the details... makes me confused again...and I've decided it is the prototype... apparently they did register it for the road and take it to some car meets in Germany.

http://www.carscoops...ro-concept.html

Maybe Audi just replaced the Quattro badges... if it isn't then the bodykit, auto-spoiler, TTRS steering wheel, different coloured door pulls (black compared to aluminium trim)... even the engine looks like the new 5cyl, not the one from our gen... odd, confused and now going to bed.

Audi... this is the car you should have put on the road.

Edited by kalexan, 18 April 2017 - 10:19 PM.

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow
Isn't this the TT "saloon"? Looks good whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Isn't this the TT "saloon"? Looks good whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, defo the RS3 Saloon concept, detailed in the link, the youtbuer is quite a followed one in Germany and seems to have links into all the big manufacturers in his country, seems like Audi let him take it for a spin, he says it is road legal, though they made him stay in the Audi factory confines... sounds amazing and 525PS too, beast. I'm guessing its a heavily modified engine for Audi to have got that sort of power from the standard lump (its the 'old' 5cyl engine).

Quite amazed Audi let this into the media world as the proper saloon isn't anything like this and pales in comparison, only to this car though ;)

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

what a beautiful noise ! 

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Wow what a beast! I wonder if this is the one that was floating around on instagram a lot!

The car Audi should have put into production!! 

PT3

PT3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Clue is in the number plate.  IN WS 2014.  [Ingolstadt, Worthersee, 2014]

The A3 Clubsport Quattro concept was its official title.

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

The car is now in this Bloggers personal garage, no idea why, but it was under the covers in the video Shmee posted yesterday when he was looking at all his cars.

Fingers crossed Audi have loaned it so he can develop an off the shelf airbrake...

Edited by kalexan, 10 August 2017 - 04:56 PM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.