29 replies to this topic

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Hello!

Decided to trade in my 2016 RS6 against a RS3 and get some cash in the bank. Absolutely loved the RS6, the performance was utterly epic but I found that it was too big for the back roads I commute on on a daily basis... overtaking people I'd have the uneasy feeling I was almost in the verge (I was!).

Had a drive in my wife's Catalunya red RS3 and I was blown away.  Bit 'Harold and Hilda' having matching cars - but I'll live with it  :D

New and old together...

Attached File  RS3-RS6.jpg   49.89K   21 downloads

Didn't like the silver trim so I've just had the grill, window surrounds, front splitter and wheels painted up to match the black pack... added in a Quattro badge from an OEM grill and some carbon mirror housings from Raywell design too. Pretty pleased at how it has turned out.

Attached File  RS3-black1.jpg   58.33K   14 downloads

Attached File  RS3-black3.jpg   50.2K   14 downloads

Attached File  RS3-black4.jpg   40.5K   15 downloads

Pretty decent spec on the car: Sepang Blue (same as my RS6), tech pack, panoramic roof, dynamic pack, B&O, reversing camera, advanced key, red calipers.

Thoroughly enjoying my commute and finding more excuses to drive - the decision to change was good.

All the best,

Gav

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Saw this on the other forum, welcome along!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Very Very nice.......welcome to the OC. :)

poolmeds

poolmeds

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

welcome!

a brave yet fun decision!

how much difference do you feel between them? i drove both back to back at an Audi event and the rs6 did feel significantly quicker.

however, i left the event saying that the rs6 was a huge beast and i want a fun pocket rocket!

enjoy...any engine mods planned?

Panther Black / Dynamic pack / Technology pack / Comfort & sound pack / Design pack / panoramic roof / Super sport seats with RED stitching / Black wheels / Folding heated mirrors / black exterior pack / reverse camera / Privacy glass / Cruise control

PREVIOUS: MK7 Golf GTD DSG / MK6 Golf R DSG / Megane F1 Renaultsport / Mk6 Golf R DSG / Volvo C30 T5 R-Design / Audi A3 tdi S-line / Megane 225 Renaultsport / Clio 182 Renaultsport

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Looks sweet bud. Welcome to the OC :)

RS Steve

RS Steve

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Good choice. Just need some black plastic wheel bolt covers now. ;)

MikeFish

MikeFish

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Saw this on the other forum, welcome along!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Yeah me too. Welcome here!

MikeFish

MikeFish

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Or get black bolts and lose the covers.

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Hahahah - yep... They're on now :D

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Many thanks for the kind comments!

The RS6 is insanely quick but I found on my commute I could only really open the taps at one point on the journey (down a motorway slip road) where I was basically 'hanging on to the car' such is the ferocity of its acceleration. It always put a grin on my face that bit but it was a big beast and didn't enjoy the B-roads as much as the RS3 does. The RS3 feels much more chuckable, both out in the country and in town, and although I'm probably going a bit more slowly, I've got a bigger grin on my face and that's what it is all about.

No imminent plans for engine mods but I am intrigued as to what other members think about this... 400bhp sounds like fun ;-)

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Welcome Gav,

Great choice and nice colour too, everyone very friendly on here ,

most questions you may have will get answered 

Normally by T-800   :lol:

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Welcome Gav,
Great choice and nice colour too, everyone very friendly on here ,

most questions you may have will get answered

Normally by T-800 :lol:

Not to everyone's satisfaction though Roy.

MikeFish

MikeFish

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Many thanks for the kind comments!

The RS6 is insanely quick but I found on my commute I could only really open the taps at one point on the journey (down a motorway slip road) where I was basically 'hanging on to the car' such is the ferocity of its acceleration. It always put a grin on my face that bit but it was a big beast and didn't enjoy the B-roads as much as the RS3 does. The RS3 feels much more chuckable, both out in the country and in town, and although I'm probably going a bit more slowly, I've got a bigger grin on my face and that's what it is all about.

No imminent plans for engine mods but I am intrigued as to what other members think about this... 400bhp sounds like fun ;-)

I know exactly what you mean; I get some ridiculous speeds up on slip roads and end up having to brake heavily to join the motorway.

R16cck

R16cck

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationManchester

Welcome Gav. Where did you get the wheels done? Looks like they diamond cut them too? 

Nardo Grey RS3 with high gloss black styling pack

plastictrickery

plastictrickery

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Welcome mate, nicely spec'd car

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Welcome Gav. Where did you get the wheels done? Looks like they diamond cut them too? 

I had them done at JAQs Bodyshop up here in East Kilbride - they did all the paintwork on the car and painted / diamond cut the alloys too :)

Edited by drgav2005, 12 March 2017 - 08:36 AM.

R16cck

R16cck

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationManchester

I got them done at JAQs Bodyshop up here in East Kilbride - they did all the paintwork on the car and painted / diamond cut the alloys too :)

They look great, my silver wheels are with The Autowerks in Slough for diamond cutting as per your spec. Pick up tomorrow, hopefully they look as good as yours! Couldn't he;p but notice your username is drgav. Are you a doctor? Would be nice to finally know a fellow medic who has made a conscious decision to buy an RS, we seem to be very few and far between!

Nardo Grey RS3 with high gloss black styling pack

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

They look great, my silver wheels are with The Autowerks in Slough for diamond cutting as per your spec. Pick up tomorrow, hopefully they look as good as yours! Couldn't he;p but notice your username is drgav. Are you a doctor? Would be nice to finally know a fellow medic who has made a conscious decision to buy an RS, we seem to be very few and far between!

I'm sure your wheels will look great when you pick them up - they transform the look of the car. Not a medic but a Ph.D. in LASER Physics and now a schoolteacher! One of my Medic pals has an S3 - I'm trying to motivate him to change! :D

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

P,H,D in laser physics bloody hell !!

could you come round a repair the cd player in my sons car as it seems to be on the blink !  

Dannyboy

Dannyboy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationBarge brigade member
Gav,
Small world. I'm thinking of changing the RS3 to a RS6 p/e lol
I Remember 1st going to Crawley Audi to look into getting a 3 and remember seeing yours in the hand over booth and then seeing the MILF waving you bye , and thinking lucky bastard. Glad you enjoyed and I'm sure the 3 will serve you well. Great cars.
And don't listen to a word Roy says as he's quite old and usually hi on meds lol
He also repeats him self a lot regarding Nardo !!

Attached Files

HMS NARDO !!

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.