Photo

The P1. Game Changer. How low can it go at the 'Ring?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

Not sure if anyone is keeping up with this but after McLaren went and posted a PPM time at the Ring of 7:04 they are back putting the customer version through it's paces and posted a quite scarcely unbelievable time of 6:47 yesterday and it is back on track today because from inside McLaren the word is that that time has 'some margin to spare in that time'

6:47 for reference now not only makes it the fastest production car ever to lap the ring beating the Radical SR8 LM but also eclipses the fastest car to go round the ring, the Zonda R. With room for improvement. And 10 seconds quicker than the 'lightened edition' Porsche 918. and in standard spec with road tyres.

So what are peoples guesses for how high a benchmark the P1 can go.? As an aside unofficial TG track time is sub 1.10. Stick that in your pipe LaFerrari,

One final word. Awesome. That is all.

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

Awesome car, we saw one a month or so ago in the Cotswolds a friend of mine captured it on his go pro whilst filming us as the Mclaren came out to be confronted by a load of RS's.Mclaren2_zpsc231a03d.png

Edited by DAYTONA-500, 22 October 2013 - 07:27 PM.

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

That is PPM3 if I remember correctly and was the main car they used at Goodwood FOS and the Rush Premiere

Edited by P_G, 22 October 2013 - 09:06 PM.

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

6:47 on road tyres and with a margain to spare!!!

Thats going to be some car then! 

I'd love a go in that, or even a passenger ride if they are going to act all precious ! lol

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.