• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I've asked a local garage who the owner used to be ex Audi technician at the same dealership I went too to see what he says about it all. I'll just buy the part and get him to replace it.
Any ideas to the part number for the gearbox filter? I'm assuming as it's the highest point the oil won't need replacing again?

Filter part no 0BH 325 183 B

O Ring part number N 910 845 01

I'd imagine you'd just lose a minimal amount Jay because of the filter position.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

I'd imagine you'd just lose a minimal amount Jay because of the filter position.

As always, thanks Sean

David8

David8

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationBournemouth
Hi just a quick question only had my car back from Audi since November and min oil level light has come on ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Hi just a quick question only had my car back from Audi since November and min oil level light has come on ?

Pull out the yellow thingy (dipstick) check the level of the dark stuff......

If you do it at least once a week you'll avoid any issues like low oil......

Oil is the life blood of any engine.

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Do you know what the level was in November and what work did you have done? What mileage have you covered?
Potentially seems a little excessive on a run in engine but hard to say unless you can answer the above?

David8

David8

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationBournemouth
Not sure on miles I'm just trying to think when the oil was last drained and changed at Audi I can't find the paper work at the moment as all at work but it was October not November time it was at Audi and that was for a coolant leak fault and pipe replacement on the transfer box so I'm not totally sure if they would off drained the engine oil then or not ? I've done about 2000 miles since as use car every day and only checked the oil two weeks ago and looked ok to me so I'm a bit concerned as my car seems to like going into the garage !

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
If your unsure on when it was last done but know it's always been changed at Audi why don't you start fresh.
Top it up to a level you'll remember and monitor it weekly to see of any changes. May be worth taking your belly pan off as well for any signs of leaks around the sump/ seals/ plug

David8

David8

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationBournemouth
I haven't had my rant on here yet about Poole Audi when car went in for transfer pipe replacement as couldn't bring myself to express how poor it all was , car went in on September the 12 part was on back order no info on when it was coming in so it was sat there for 3 weeks, once it was done had a phone call and asked if car had a dent in the rear door which I said no so went there to see it for myself found car was parked by goods in and could of happened one night by delivery driver so they put it right picked car up 5 days later so that's 4 weeks, drive car home all seemed good, about 45 min drive home coolant warning light came on just a few hundred yards from my drive once home steam pouring from the engine, found out next day once recovery guy had arrived that they left coolant clip loose at the front on the engine, not good at all so now I'm getting low level oil I'm a bit nervous as to why ? Maybe I'm being paranoid and just needs topping up but never had too before ? has anyone had any dealings with Southampton Audi ? As that's the other local dealer I could go to for service next time

David8

David8

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationBournemouth
Ok jay done that this morning will check it again next week see how it goes hopefully all ok now

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Will the DSG filter just pull out or is there a knack to it? I'd rather replace it myself instead of paying someone to do it if it's simple enough and now I have the filter and o ring

Edited by JayRS3, 11 January 2017 - 07:27 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Will the DSG filter just pull out or is there a knack to it? I'd rather replace it myself instead of paying someone to do it if it's simple enough and now I have the filter and o ring

Yes Jay just pulls up......

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
All replaced. Tight squeeze but very minimal spill. What is the purpose of the corrugated sleeve? I nipped it up as I didn't want to go to tight being plastic.

Edited by JayRS3, 13 January 2017 - 12:52 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

All replaced. Tight squeeze but very minimal spill. What is the purpose of the corrugated sleeve? I nipped it up as I didn't want to go to tight being plastic.

Heat resistance.

Did you make sure the arrow was pointing up ?

Edited by T-800, 13 January 2017 - 02:24 PM.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Heat resistance.

Did you make sure the arrow was pointing up ?

Er...Arrow pointing up?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Er...Arrow pointing up?

trouser moment Jay.

Just pulling your leg.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

trouser moment Jay.

Just pulling your leg.

Haha I was thinking this... thought o ring with no tabs on and a one way filter how could I possibly mess up. +1 to you Sean

Cobstar

Cobstar

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

... has anyone had any dealings with Southampton Audi ? As that's the other local dealer I could go to for service next time

Stopped using them after last visit in Sept 2015 with SO's 8L S3. Booked in for annual service, some additional items (including Haldex Oil and filter change) and MOT. Dropped car off am and agreed pick up time. Dropped SO off pm and said I would wait in car to make sure he was happy with his. His car was driven into car park at speed by one of the technicians while I waited :(

Then SO came out to say the service adviser said they hadn't done the DSG oil change as it didn't have DSG. Not a surprise given no 8L S3 ever had DSG. SO said it was a Haldex oil and filter change and why didn't they ring to query? To give her some credit she arranged for the work to be done while the SO waited.

The group service booking system is pants. The call handlers can only cope with standard service requests. We have been misbooked to Five Oaks - picked up via text confirmation and rebooked fortunately.

On another occasion we booked two cars in on same day with agreement that the one with minor work would be done immediately while we waited. They decided to allocate two service advisers and didn't start the while you wait one first.

Things may have improved since then but now the only Audi is the S3 we'll use a local indi who know what they're talking about.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

The 'normal' method (i did this on the TT we had) was to get the fluid warm (above 30 deg C rings a bell VCDS can give this info)

The car has to be on level ground (obviously a dealer ramp/Lift is level anyway)

The Drain plug is removed from under the box, fluid drained out, then the plastic 'snorkel' is unscrewed from just inside the drain hole

On the TT i removed the air filter assembly and trunking to give better access, i'd imagine Audi would do the same, then undo the plastic filter housing that's on top of the gear box, near the gear oil cooler.......

Extract paper filter and 'O' ring, clean excess oil spilt, then insert new paper element and 'O' ring, then screw on the plastic cover and Torque up (20 nm if memory serves)

Plastic Snorkel is screwed back in first....

The new box fluid is pumped in through the drain hole (i bought a Sealey pressure pump with 5 litre capacity) Audi have a special valve tool that screws onto the Oil bottles and works via gravity (and squeezing the bottle to a degree)

Once the required amount has been put in (5.5-6 litres on the TT, ETKA says 7 Litres for the RS3) the filler is unscrewed

Engine started to get the new fluid warm (again VCDS is needed to monitor temp) DSG is cycled through P,R,N,D a couple of times

Back under the gearbox and once the fluid reaches the required temp any excess fluid has drained back out (the snorkel sets the fluid level) so as the fluid warms up and expands this regulates the level in the box, a little drips back out, this usually stops then you can put the drain plug/ washer back in and torque up.

Job done.

AC service, you'll usually get the car back with a lovely smelling interior, as they use an anti-bacterial cleaner on the interior part.........
Plus you should notice the A/C is 'cooler' then before you went in, as the system will loose gas over the years.

The Pollen Filter Part number is *Edited*1K2 819 653 B just check this this jay as the etka drawing isn't 100% clear

attachicon.gif gearbox.png

Bringing up old post as I’m doing the same maintenance again as before...

I’ve just bought one of the sealey transmission pumps albeit only 3 litres but looks like a good piece of kit.

The sealey pump says i need to look at the manual for pressure tolerances when pumping the new oil into the gearbox as I mustn’t exceed 20psi on this pump. Surely if I’m undoing the pump plug to enable me to let the oil warm up and drain excess fluid then any air will come out anyway. Or can the transmission get damaged if too much pressure is built up?

I was just thinking pumping till a decent flow rate happens then that’s it. Whatever that pressure equates too so be it.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Bringing up old post as I’m doing the same maintenance again as before...

I’ve just bought one of the sealey transmission pumps albeit only 3 litres but looks like a good piece of kit.

The sealey pump says i need to look at the manual for pressure tolerances when pumping the new oil into the gearbox as I mustn’t exceed 20psi on this pump. Surely if I’m undoing the pump plug to enable me to let the oil warm up and drain excess fluid then any air will come out anyway. Or can the transmission get damaged if too much pressure is built up?

I was just thinking pumping till a decent flow rate happens then that’s it. Whatever that pressure equates too so be it.

Correct Jay

I just filled it then pumped it up to a gentle pressure enough to get the fluid flowing.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Is it like this one Jay.

Same as mine.

Great piece of kit.

bbb295923b04a5c999ac5c2bb7b05653.jpg

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.