15 replies to this topic

Bagpusss77

Bagpusss77

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationNorthern 🐒
I've finally won the battle with you tube and managed to upload footage from weekend !! Hopefully it's not upside down like all my other posts 😀 Not quite sure it's was a good idea popping my track cherry in this car I've an addictive nature and I liked it ALOT I did

RS3rick

RS3rick

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
Looking good bagpuss. Neither of you were hanging around!

R55ENS

R55ENS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationNorthern
That was mint Mike! We weren't half giving it some!

Was that 7 overtakes we managed? 😂 I tried to keep up with that race car but not a chance! 😂😂

Definitely want to get back out soon!

RS3 8v - Exclusive Solar Orange :orange:

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Seeing as most cars were running the same power that's some good driving there.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Bagpusss77

Bagpusss77

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationNorthern 🐒
I was trying to find the under steer but I didn't want to play
It's one good way to find out what these cars will do in a safe"ish" way !!
Not quite sure how I made that shikaine just after you pulled over Tom some how the car just slid then gripped and sqwermed a little and away we went but I thought I might be giving the grass a trip and the barrier a little peck on the lips
Great day good lads role on the next one .......

R55ENS

R55ENS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationNorthern
Cheers TX. And as Mike said, I had none of the dreaded understeer these cars are apparently plagued with! And as you can see we weren't taking it easy!

Yeah when you went past me I had a little giggle to myself as you squirmed around the shicane. 😂😂

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Perhaps just me but I found it hilarious to see you hooning around the track with baby seat still in place!

TX.

Nardo RS4

Bagpusss77

Bagpusss77

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationNorthern 🐒
It was 15 mins of giggles , loved it , class day ,
I think if traction control wasn't to off off it would have tried to sort poo out itself and wouldn't have given me the power needed to sort it out all the lights would have flashed and I'd have been grass cutting ,
Anyone that followed me can you tell me if my brake lights flash instead of a constant brake light ?? I walked the track in the day and noticed a white one in another group and as the braked hard his back lights flashed quickly as if to say I'm braking real hard , is this a safety feature as I'm sure he wasn't tapping the pedal to make them flash he was braking hard ?

Bagpusss77

Bagpusss77

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationNorthern 🐒
Terminator that was his secret weapon !! I was full of redbull he was full high on baby rusks

Chungster

Chungster

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Good vid - looks like me and Gledsy were next up on your list of overtakes but ran out of time

I just had mine in Dynamic mode and didn't touch the ESP. Did feel it kick in at both easses but didn't bother me that much.

The rear hazards coming on is a safety feature when it detects ur braking hard in a situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Chungster, 23 October 2016 - 12:12 PM.

Bagpusss77

Bagpusss77

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationNorthern 🐒
You had a good line through the last corner

R55ENS

R55ENS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationNorthern

Perhaps just me but I found it hilarious to see you hooning around the track with baby seat still in place!

TX.

I had the baby seat in the back, and a moses basket and suitcase in the boot! 😂

Had mine in dynamic manual with tc fully off! Had no interference from the car at all! The track experience made me fall more in love with the car!

Chungster, yep you were next on the hit list! 😂 But unfortunately for me my brakes had given up and gone home! 😂

Edited by R55ENS, 23 October 2016 - 04:20 PM.

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

I had the baby seat in the back, and a moses basket and suitcase in the boot!

Had mine in dynamic manual with tc fully off! Had no interference from the car at all! The track experience made me fall more in love with the car!

Chungster, yep you were next on the hit list! But unfortunately for me my brakes had given up and gone home!

I have to say that I admire all you guys that ventured out on standard brakes for the track session at the notorious Castle Coombe! - very brave considering the short run off and the armco there 'takes no prisoners' if you get it wrong!

Just come up to 4500 miles on my car and the brakes have really started to deteriorate in feel and bite, and the damn squealing has also now started too. :angry:

Edited by Fivepotfan, 08 November 2016 - 05:18 PM.

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

Chungster

Chungster

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
It was only 10mins of abuse really and TBH mine was fine. Just need to brake bit earlier and carry speed thru the corners rather than slamming the anchors on deep into a corner.

What got me was actually coming back into pits and the tight left under the pedestrian cross over - pedal went very very long!!!

Still plenty of meat on the pads from the visual check. Bit of low speed squealing has set in unfortunately now. But still absolutely fine on the road in normal driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R55ENS

R55ENS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationNorthern
We left about 10mins after coming off track. When I got to the exit I literally had no brakes! Had to push so hard on the pedal to get them to work!

Drove cautiously for the next 20 mins and they came back slowly! Not good from a £50k performance RS model!

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

Up until now I thought that I had escaped the dreaded brake issues experienced by many forum members...... but at just over 4.5K miles and I am surprised at how quickly they are deteriorating (not as much bite or feel, squealing badly unless being used hard and suspicious looking wear marks appearing on the faces of the discs).

I am watching the brake upgrade thread with much interest! 

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.