• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

The front interior light panel in my 3 is very basic, with no reading lights and or cabin illumination when driving at night. Was this something that got upgraded if you specced the interior light pack or whatever it was called?

i see BKS offer one that appears to having both the independent readings lights and red LED cabin illumination 

https://www.bks-tuni...ghts-front.html

Is this a genuine retrofit part? Ideally id like to get it from my local TPS is its a straight forward upgrade.. anyone else upgraded? 

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
I swapped out my old S3 interior light for the one with the map reading so yes it's definitely compatible. I was a bit OCD so swapped out all my original parts (speaker and mic) from the gubbings to swap into the new unit. Quite simple really to do. My RS came with it on though which was a nice touch. Just upgraded all the lights to LED except the gearstick mood lighting

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

yeah i upgraded all mine to LED which is great mod.. i juts miss the mood lighting as you say as its a little dark without plus had it in my last car.

You must have the interior light pack then?

could you or anyone advise on the part/parts number?

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Don't forget to get the rear cluster too which has separate map reading lights. If my memory serves me right black was the hardest colour to find for this upgrade. Euro parts on eBay sell this front cluster for £150 but that is ridiculously priced. You may have to keep an eye out if buying 'used'. I'll have a look in the morning for you (I have the black type)

Yes interior pack... door handle lights, footwell lights/ puddle lights etc

Edited by JayRS3, 17 October 2016 - 09:15 PM.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

The front interior light panel in my 3 is very basic, with no reading lights and or cabin illumination when driving at night. Was this something that got upgraded if you specced the interior light pack or whatever it was called?

i see BKS offer one that appears to having both the independent readings lights and red LED cabin illumination 

https://www.bks-tuni...ghts-front.html

Is this a genuine retrofit part? Ideally id like to get it from my local TPS is its a straight forward upgrade.. anyone else upgraded? 

You're right Matt. I have this light unit as part of the interior light pack. I had this on my previous Sportback so was one of my must haves on the RS3.. I worked out it was cheaper to retrofit the Light and Rain pack than the Interior light pack so guess which one I have all the parts to fit once I get the windscreen replaced   :D

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

thanks, i'd need black.. should be able to get it through TPS hopefully?

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

thanks, i'd need black.. should be able to get it through TPS hopefully?

Quick search online:- 8P0951177 will double check this tomo

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

You're right Matt. I have this light unit as part of the interior light pack. I had this on my previous Sportback so was one of my must haves on the RS3.. I worked out it was cheaper to retrofit the Light and Rain pack than the Interior light pack so guess which one I have all the parts to fit once I get the windscreen replaced   :D

always the issue when buying secondhand is getting the entire spec.. 

Edited by Mattjj82, 17 October 2016 - 09:30 PM.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

always the issue when buying secondhand is getting the entire spec.. 

Aint that the truth.. Retrofits are always fun though  :D

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Mattjj82 I've taken mine apart tonight as promised and the part number is different (see attached pictures)

Front
e194cea84dc6c1524dd95b4675b145bf.jpg

Rear (you'll have to zoom in but it's on the top edge)
20d14ab7b91b4f8cd5f73055a5bdf889.jpg

Edited by JayRS3, 20 October 2016 - 07:04 PM.

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Thanks Jay, you're a gent!

will get a price from TPS tomorrow 

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
How much did TPS want for this then Matt?

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
😁 well I feel slightly bad as you went to the trouble of getting the part number. I was all up for doing some more upgrades etc but had a change of heart and put It on hold and the car is now up for sale...

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Ah... that is a sudden change of heart. Geez! If only it had the interior lighting pack then maybe it would have been a keeper haha

You selling it complete or breaking any mods off? What you got if so...

Edited by JayRS3, 26 October 2016 - 08:14 PM.

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Tbh I've been thinking about it for a while but had convinced myself to keep the car.. It really is a good one and there's need or reason too but just fancy something else. Having said that it might all change again if I can't achieve what I think it's worth 🙈
Have a look in the market place at my add. Will let you know if I sell any bits off

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Finally got around to getting a new light panel and currently trying to install all.. all straight forward apart from one thing!
How do I separate the little wiring plug which goes through the housing to the microphone on the front black panel??
9d31d9fb3836f36709e78b9785ce46c5.jpg37c86436d4ceeec966e28bccd5ecb59f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Mattjj82, 11 November 2017 - 11:42 AM.

The_Bear

The_Bear

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Finally got around to getting a new light panel and currently trying to install all.. all straight forward apart from one thing!
How do I separate the little wiring plug which goes through the housing to the microphone on the front black panel??
9d31d9fb3836f36709e78b9785ce46c5.jpg37c86436d4ceeec966e28bccd5ecb59f.jpg

With regards to the bottom picture that connector comes out with some long nose pliers and a quick pull.

I am not too sure about the top one as I don't recognise where it is.

Hope this helps! 

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

With regards to the bottom picture that connector comes out with some long nose pliers and a quick pull.

I am not too sure about the top one as I don't recognise where it is.

Hope this helps!

Ok thanks. I'll give it a go...
I was being very cautious due to having to reuse it. I didn't want to pull to hard and break it if it had some kind of release

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Sorted and ready for dark winter nights

bd1919772881ce38d1f119c00c78a5f7.jpg

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Patience and a bit of persuasion is key matt

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.