- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

IOWRS3

IOWRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
So I'm soon to (finally) be buying my RS3 and ive seen a few times recently with *dan* that the extended warranry has saved their ass from 20k plus bills the same happened with Roy (i believe). So to those who may not of had a major major bill or something does everyone think the Audi extended warrsnty is worth the money you pay? And p.s what are people roughly paying?

*Dan*

*Dan*

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
As you say, worth its wait in gold for me.

My stance would be, if you can afford it then get it.

My warranty was just over £1k full component with £100 excess. The price varys with mileage, age, usage and excess.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Get one.

Well worth it for piece of mind.....

if your buying a used RS 3 it's worth it.

Unless that is you are going to be modifying it in which case you need to tread carefully.

IOWRS3

IOWRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
This is the only thing I was going to ask is what is the policy on modifications cause I did want a few like secondary cat deletes/possibly lowering but i think thats it for mechanical mods.

Would aesthetic changes affect it too? I.e changing alloy colour/quattro grill badge maybe tinted windows that sort of thing?

Edited by IOWRS3, 30 September 2016 - 09:37 PM.

IOWRS3

IOWRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
Another question would be about whether the warranty would provide courtesy cars? Obviously this is only when my car is in the garage etc which is something id never want hut still a query

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Another question would be about whether the warranty would provide courtesy cars? Obviously this is only when my car is in the garage etc which is something id never want hut still a query

I had my mk1 2/3 weeks and it racked up 6-8k in various different warranty claims and Audi had it two months so I think it's well worth it. Audi do give you a curtsy car if it's having work done via them. I have 8 different cars over the 6 months 😂😂

100% worth it on a high performance car.

As for mods I would leave well alone if it affects performance as they would try worm out of it ,

IOWRS3

IOWRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
Well I'll read through their information etc and then obviously if i go for it talk to whoever i go trhough. The courtesy car is a good touch as I hate going without a car the public transport here is a bit naff.

Do you think then visual things wont affevt it much and how about lowering springs? I guess if its something linksd they could worm out but i dont think theyd have much of an affect

*Dan*

*Dan*

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Well I'll read through their information etc and then obviously if i go for it talk to whoever i go trhough. The courtesy car is a good touch as I hate going without a car the public transport here is a bit naff.

Do you think then visual things wont affevt it much and how about lowering springs? I guess if its something linksd they could worm out but i dont think theyd have much of an affect

Visuals don't affect it as mine has black badges etc..

I think with lowering springs it would just void any suspension based warranty, however the biggest thing your insuring against is the engine as that's where the big bucks are. But personally I would put back to standard if you had an issue just incase.

Audi will give courtesy car if requested. I had a new A4 for 2 weeks and a new TTS for 4 weeks.

Audi Extended warranty is the one to go for, forget all the other warranty companies. The Audi one is fronted by Mondial and from experience, is basically as good as a manufacturers warranty.

IOWRS3

IOWRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
Yeah if i were to go for any itd the be the Audi extended warranty.
Well as for the mods Ive looked at the policy brochure and they dont cover exhaust systems apart from internal catalytic converter so maybe secondary cats could be possible,or just swap them out if needed maybe. Also the springs is what i assumed i guess its just how far theyd go to link something to a set of springs ot something.

Yeah the courtesy car would definitely be a nicer touch, esepcially as my closet Audi is off the island i live on.

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Get one...

They are worth every penny...!

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
I've never had to claim against mine but have done the work myself to avoid the same issues (brake pad change etc) however I will be renewing as of November as it's a nice to have and another years peace of mind. I also went for the basic cover for a few weeks then upgrades for the full Cover as it's not worth the risk

Edited by JayRS3, 01 October 2016 - 07:50 PM.

RS3rick

RS3rick

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
100% get the warranty.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Defiantly get the extended warranty

I extended the warranty on my previous Red 8p RS3 for 1 year it cost me around £650 with no excess
during this time I put in three claims -

1. paint lacquer peeling of the front bumper.

2. Recovery from engine cut out - New ECU, High Pressure Fuel Pump & Fuel filter inc a connector replaced.

3. Heater blower motor replaced.

On all three occasions I was given a courtesy car :) 

So yes, I would say it is well worth the ~£600 pounds per year. I will be extending the warranty of my wife's 8p RS 3 in March 17   

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

135i king

135i king

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
How do you stand with a modded car though? Can you return this game back to standard and just hope for the best?

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

All depends on your dealer

My local garage were  outstanding !

weardalered

weardalered

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Warranty...stage 1.

Warranty...stage 1.

After reading this thread I believe that warranty needs to come first.

Just had the car in for its last health check before warranty needs renewing and they found asmall oil leak which needs investigating.

Also it appears that the haldex oil never been changed.

Use the car regularly as I do enjoy driving it. clocked up 15K this last year so far and the car has now done 54K in total.

Current cost for warranty renewal is £1000, (full cover, less than 15K and £250 excess.)

IOWRS3

IOWRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
Mmm definitely think I will be going warranty route. Although might still add on the secondary decats and just swap over come time if I needed to! Hopefully might be buying a members car off here and hes stil got a warranty until march which means i even have time to save for annual payment.

*Dan*

*Dan*

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
Also noticed they will let you pay monthly for the extended warranty now, which only must have happend recently as wasnt an option when I purchased in April.

Current quote for me is £1100 under 15k miles and £100 excess to give you an idea of price.

135i king

135i king

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
So how do you go about getting the warranty in place on a car with no warranty?

Do I just go in my local Audi garage and ask to purchase the years worth of warranty? Thanks

135i king

135i king

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
So how do you go about getting the warranty in place on a car with no warranty?

Do I just go in my local Audi garage and ask to purchase the years worth of warranty? Thanks

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.