Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationPreston Lancashire
Garage View Garage

Hi guys

First thing this morning I went to Awesome Gti in Manchester and finally got my RS3 remapped and got the RR done as well soon after.

Andy, (Catnip) agreed to meet me there so we killed a good bit of time having a nice chat about our cars, the forum and the future plans for this club.

As you already know APR have not long ago launched an updated version of their remap , the V2.

We was talking to one of Awesome chiefs and was telling us about having some problems the night before with the same remap on a TTRS.

So in the car went to have the file flashed on the ECU and then straight after on the RR.

Unfortunately this same problem occurred again.

Basically once the power got in to the region of 400 hp instead of keeping a nice and steady power delivery line it was taking a massive dip, while the torque figures were just short of touching the 500lb mark, more then what it should have been (447).

I was told that was something to do with the file fuelling settings, so we decided to upload the remap previous V1.2 version for the time being until they receive a revised file direct from APR in US. 

Apparently they have had this sort of problem over there as well and the revised ( US version) file has already been released, but the European hasn't been yet.

To be honest I am not that much disappointed, the RS3 even with the V1.2 feels so so good, its unbelievably fast, with bags of torque and a nice and steady power delivery, its like that there is no end to it.

Even on the motorway coming back home with the S-Tronic in to D as soon as I pushed on the accelerator it dropped two gears and it just took off and I mean took off, absolutely brilliant.

I got home that I had a sore yaw because of the massive grin on my face, also knowing that it is going to be even better when the V2 will be flashed on. 

One more thing I have to say and it is that if you have the car remapped you need to get some proper, better tyres asap, I was thinking about getting some stiffer ARB's as the next mod but , the tyres now have to come first. 

PS.   The dynojet RR graph shows the power  "at the wheel" and not "at the clutch" ( for those who didn't know it including myself, lol) you need to add 20% to the figures to know the exact hp.

Attached File  Remap day 040 - Copy.JPG   53.88K   14 downloads

RR video clip: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=urueoTj5mDI

Attached File  scan0001.jpg   43.12K   17 downloads

Thank you to Awesome for being honest with me ,explaining everything and for wanting/searching only for the best result.

Edited by Vito, 04 October 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Posted Image

monkeyboy_marcus

monkeyboy_marcus

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSevenoaks, Kent

Vito, nice write up!

I'd recommend that your next mod is improved brakes though, unless you have already.

I went to a Brands Hatch road car only track day earlier this week (ballsed up the GoPro recording though, so no footage grr!) and found that the brakes really are road only, even with the Brembo race pads I've got.

Quickest thing with five doors though and even gave the flash car c**ts a surprise they weren't expecting from a fairly nondescript hatchback!

I'm keen for the APR stage 1 but reckon that the order of things is brakes first, power second, in my humble opinion given recent experiences.

Anywho, what is your BHP/torque increase with version 1.2, similar to MBK?

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage
Thanks monkeyboy_marcus

I totally agree with you, the brakes is another thing to consider, especially when the more powerful V2 file is flashed on it, even though the stock set up responded very well indeed, including the ABS, when I tested the system by slamming hard on. But when I was pushing hard around the bends (on bone dry tarmac) it almost felt like it was running on plastic tyres, we all know about the RS3 tendency to understeer, so a nice set of Goodyears F1 is defo going to be my next choice.

As for the hp I don't really know what MBK's car is giving out or I have not compared it to anyone else yet but the tech at Awesome said that power at the clutch is around 390hp, as I have already explained the graph shows the power at the wheel which is significantly less. The torque shows 421lbft while on the V2 file it was almost touching a massive 500lbft, and my god I could feel that !!!

Edited by Vito, 06 September 2013 - 04:07 AM.

Posted Image

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

Nice work Vito! 

Glad to hear your enjoying the map!   When they sort the upgrade the three of us can pop down and get re-flashed!

I've found the brakes more than adequate on the road, As my car isn't tracked or if it is it'll be a rare occasion i dont feel the need to upgrade the oem brakes as yet.

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage
Hi MacD

That sounds a good plan to me...

Had you heard anything about the problem with the V2 ?
Posted Image

mrAudi

mrAudi

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationSE England
Garage View Garage

I had mine on a dyno this morning & it's was running between 403 - 405 bhp across the 5 runs doneypu4ygy8.jpg

Edited by MrAudi, 06 September 2013 - 11:37 AM.

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage
What mods have you done to yours Toby ?
Posted Image

mrAudi

mrAudi

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationSE England
Garage View Garage

What mods have you done to yours Toby ?

I have version 1.2 & a panel filter that's it. But I always run it on shell V-power nitro + fuel

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage
I always use v power and have the decat pipes.
Might just go and get the panel filter as well
Posted Image

mrAudi

mrAudi

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationSE England
Garage View Garage
Vito my exhaust is completely standard

Evan@APR

Evan@APR

Forum Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

As you already know APR have not long ago launched an updated version of their remap , the V2.

We was talking to one of Awesome chiefs and was telling us about having some problems the night before with the same remap on a TTRS.

So in the car went to have the file flashed on the ECU and then straight after on the RR.

Unfortunately this same problem occurred again.

Basically once the power got in to the region of 400 hp instead of keeping a nice and steady power delivery line it was taking a massive dip, while the torque figures were just short of touching the 500lb mark, as it should be.

I was told that was something to do with the file fuelling settings, so we decided to upload the remap previous V1.2 version for the time being until they receive a revised file direct from APR in US. 

Apparently they have had this sort of problem over there as well and the revised ( US version) file has already been released, but the European hasn't been yet.

Hey Vito

Thanks for the detailed writeup and review--great to have you in the APR family :)

I'd like to address some of your statements publicly as there seems to still be some confusion about v1.2 vs. v2.0. As of right now, v2.0 remains on our beta servers. It is a beta file. And the reason why some of you have ended up with v1.2 instead of v2.0 is because, not all dealers or customers have formally made arrangements to access the beta server file. HOWEVER, just because it is qualified as a beta file doesn't mean it's not on par with a production file. It is. But it hasn't been officially launched as such in case some quirky things like the above happen. 

That said, what Vito has experienced has also been fixed. Without going too far into detail, AFR on Vito's particular box code was slightly off how we were telling it to run. Adjustments were made, and all is well now :)

SO. We're not far off from official release, which really won't make any difference to you guys, because we were already pretty much there when we began allowing access to the beta group. If any major changes happen between now and the official release I will make an announcement with power figures to match. If anybody has questions, feel free to reach out to me here or directly at elight@goapr.com. I can verify box codes for those concerned they may be experiencing similar symptoms. Remember, we don't charge for software updates either ;)

Vito, get in touch with Awesome and they'll book you in for your v2.0 update at your earliest convenience.

Edited by Evan@APR, 06 September 2013 - 10:40 PM.

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage

Great stuff Evan, thanks for explaining it all. Looking forward for the upgrade :)

Posted Image

KOimlg

KOimlg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationCanterbury, Kent
Garage View Garage

Hey Vito

Thanks for the detailed writeup and review--great to have you in the APR family :)

I'd like to address some of your statements publicly as there seems to still be some confusion about v1.2 vs. v2.0. As of right now, v2.0 remains on our beta servers. It is a beta file. And the reason why some of you have ended up with v1.2 instead of v2.0 is because, not all dealers or customers have formally made arrangements to access the beta server file. HOWEVER, just because it is qualified as a beta file doesn't mean it's not on par with a production file. It is. But it hasn't been officially launched as such in case some quirky things like the above happen. 

That said, what Vito has experienced has also been fixed. Without going too far into detail, AFR on Vito's particular box code was slightly off how we were telling it to run. Adjustments were made, and all is well now :)

SO. We're not far off from official release, which really won't make any difference to you guys, because we were already pretty much there when we began allowing access to the beta group. If any major changes happen between now and the official release I will make an announcement with power figures to match. If anybody has questions, feel free to reach out to me here or directly at elight@goapr.com. I can verify box codes for those concerned they may be experiencing similar symptoms. Remember, we don't charge for software updates either ;)

Vito, get in touch with Awesome and they'll book you in for your v2.0 update at your earliest convenience.

Hi

Can you tell me if there is a company near Canterbury in Kent  (home) or Welwyn Garden city in Herts (work) who could do this upgrade. Also roughly how much does it cost?

Many thanks

Michelle

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

Good explanation Evan. Can you keep me updated too regarding the programing changes if any that I discussed by E-mail with you, Keith and Richy yesterday?

Amenic

Amenic

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationItaly

Great review Vito..

You've created a monster!!!!

Ciao!

.:: RS3 ::.

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage

Yours next Amenic ?

Posted Image

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage
I have not rang up yet, have you?
Posted Image

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

I have not rang up yet, have you?

See if they'll do three in one day! 

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage

See if they'll do three in one day!

What day is better for you MacD ? Its gonna have to be in morning though and I 'll have to go on first because I have to shoot off to work. Is getting mental at the shop with the cooler weather starting.

Edited by Vito, 10 September 2013 - 08:00 AM.

Posted Image

reldasrs3

reldasrs3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLancashire
Can i ask how the upgrade affected your insurance and who you are insured with. Direct line have told me they don't insure modified cars

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.